Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

1 hour ago, BobbiSox said:

My European cruise was cancelled by HAL ONE DAY AFTER they accepted my payment for an upgraded cabin. THEY CALLED ME to offer the $208.00 upgrade to a Neptune Suite, and THE NEXT DAY, they cancelled the cruise. My bank was able to reverse my payment for the upgrade, and I have filed a dispute for a the remainder, but I paid so far in advance, that dispute is still in Limbo.  Will HAL they pay me interest on my money that they have been holding since October 2019 and using for something else? Probably not. 

And really, with interest rates as low as they are, would interest even be enough to cause a 1099? Or buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

And really, with interest rates as low as they are, would interest even be enough to cause a 1099? Or buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks?

Ha, that's true. I can't help feeling HAL has 'borrowed' my money without my permission. Where I come from, that could be considered stealing. 

Edited by BobbiSox
typo
  • Like 3

Cruise for March 18 cancelled still have yet to receive anything!!  HA keeps changing their timeline for refunds....originally 2-3 weeks,  then 30 days, then 60 days and what do you think they told me when I called last week...now 90 days!   Funny thing is we had another cruise scheduled with Carnival after we returned from the HA cruise and we have already received the refund for it!!   Makes you wonder whats going on with HA!

17 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Checked my CC account just now and the refund for our stopped March cruise has posted.  64-68 days depending on if it was when we left or when we had to get off.  Happy cruiser here.

That’s encouraging news.  Thanks for sharing 🙂 

We were scheduled to sail to Hawaii on the Eurodam on April 15th from Seattle. It was canceled at the end of March. So far we have our FCC, excursions and on-board orders refunded. Only thing left is port taxes. The excursions came in two batches - May 9 and May 12, the FCC was May 7, and the on-board spending was May 14. 

We had Alaska booked on the Eurodam for late August/early September as well as Princess the week before. Nothing on either of those yet but we're doing FCC's on both and will rebook for 2021. Thinking positive thoughts! 

Karen

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

I have a question.  If we use our FCC and that cruise is cancelled do we retain the FCC to be used again?

I used a FCC to partially pay for our March 18th Hawaii cruise , which was cancelled March 13 by HAL.  Spoke with TA today and she said the FCC was back with our mariner #s again, but has an August 28 expiration date.  It has been over 60 days and I am still waiting for the refund I requested but am more confident that it will come.

14 hours ago, Loreto said:

I used a FCC to partially pay for our March 18th Hawaii cruise , which was cancelled March 13 by HAL.  Spoke with TA today and she said the FCC was back with our mariner #s again, but has an August 28 expiration date.  It has been over 60 days and I am still waiting for the refund I requested but am more confident that it will come.

August 28? 2020?  Is that what HAL's  cancellation letter said in March?

Missed a call this morning from HAL.  Then, they sent an email a few minutes ago regarding our expense reimbursement for flying from Perth to home.  (Our World Cruise was aborted in Fremantle, Australia).  When we departed, they promised us up to $2500 reimbursement.  They have shorted us $460 on DOCUMENTED expenses that were submitted.   The amount they offered doesn't even cover our flights !!!(we flew "extra leg room class" same as when we flew to FLL).  They aren't paying for our hotel - one night, taxi to hotel from ship, meals or Uber from airport to home.  Oh, and our expenses we submitted were LESS than the $1250 per person that they offered!  AND, if we choose, we can elect a 125% future credit instead of the reimbursement check.  THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.  DO THEY REALLY WANT A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT????  We're MAD!

48 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

August 28? 2020?  Is that what HAL's  cancellation letter said in March?

Sorry if I wasn't clear...this was a FCC from August of 2019 that I used to partially pay for the March 18 Hawaii 2020 cruise which was cancelled by HAL.  FCC was finally refunded back to my mariner# and must be redeemed by Aug 28, 2020.  This has nothing to do with the 2 options HAL offered for the HAL cancelled cruise.  I chose option 2: to get a full refund of my cruise fare and I am still waiting for that amount to be refunded to my CC, which TA said will happen.  It has been over 60 days, and I am in line like everyone else.

19 minutes ago, Loreto said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear...this was a FCC from August of 2019 that I used to partially pay for the March 18 Hawaii 2020 cruise which was cancelled by HAL.  FCC was finally refunded back to my mariner# and must be redeemed by Aug 28, 2020.  This has nothing to do with the 2 options HAL offered for the HAL cancelled cruise.  I chose option 2: to get a full refund of my cruise fare and I am still waiting for that amount to be refunded to my CC, which TA said will happen.  It has been over 60 days, and I am in line like everyone else.

Thanks.  I see.  HAL cancelled us on March 13, too.  No word except the initial letter outlining the cancellation.  Maybe another 45 days until refund, so I hear.........

From reading other Forums/roll calls and Facebook there seems to have been a large up-tick in payments being processed in the last few days by Carnival cruise and Princess; many dated May 15th. Here is an update from Princess at 2:00 PM EST 11:00 AM PST. Comments seem to indicate Carnival brands/subsidiaries had been processing the refunds and now that CCL has $ they are releasing the "refunds".  Looks like we may start seeing $ flowing back for HAL guests very soon.

image.png.0b59a9f65cc595994c4b75241e4e3cf4.png

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

We have received our FCC today for the world cruise.  We selected the 50% cash, 50% FCC.  One down, three to go (50% cash, $2,500 reimbursement check and O’yea, our luggage).

How were you notified of FCC?

1 hour ago, mame42 said:

How were you notified of FCC?

Our TA emailed us.  I had the felling she just kind of found it versus someone telling her it was there and available.  She called it a "goodwill FCC".

2 hours ago, Triger said:

From reading other Forums/roll calls and Facebook there seems to have been a large up-tick in payments being processed in the last few days by Carnival cruise and Princess; many dated May 15th. Here is an update from Princess at 2:00 PM EST 11:00 AM PST. Comments seem to indicate Carnival brands/subsidiaries had been processing the refunds and now that CCL has $ they are releasing the "refunds".  Looks like we may start seeing $ flowing back for HAL guests very soon.

image.png.0b59a9f65cc595994c4b75241e4e3cf4.png

What, communication outlining steps taken to try and speed things along.  How non-HAL. 😳🥺😳🥺

Edited by KirkNC

10 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Our TA emailed us.  I had the felling she just kind of found it versus someone telling her it was there and available.  She called it a "goodwill FCC".

Thanks.

4 hours ago, KirkNC said:

We have received our FCC today for the world cruise.  We selected the 50% cash, 50% FCC.  One down, three to go (50% cash, $2,500 reimbursement check and O’yea, our luggage).

Kirk...... did it end up being a FCC for 50% of total cruise base fare?..... or 50% of half the total base fare?

1 minute ago, TJR_0323 said:

Kirk...... did it end up being a FCC for 50% of total cruise base fare?..... or 50% of half the total base fare?

It was a couple $100 short of being 50% of 100% of the base fare.