Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

1 hour ago, Bramcruiser said:

My July Norwegian fjord cruise was cancelled earlier this month when HAL announced it was cancelling all European sailings in 2020. To date the onboard gifts and packages as well as all shore excursions have now been refunded. All that is left is the cost of the cruise itself. Now the real wait begins.

1 hour ago, Bramcruiser said:

I also cancelled a July cruise B2B on March 16.  I have not received our deposits back.

We cancelled B2B June cruises March 17, one month before Holland America did.  They were paid in full and today is day 66 waiting for our refund to our credit card.  No email about our small FCC promised to us either.  In fact, no communication at all.  When we have our TA call we get the usual "you're in the queue for processing".

• Like 3

We cancelled our June cruise/tour about the 14th and have not heard anything. It does seem they are making headway so hopefully our refunds will process soon. The good thing if you can call that is this is fun/vacation money and set aside for eating or paying bills.

1 hour ago, SFO PETER said:

Hang in there.  HAL came through with refund for Koningsdam SA March 2020 cruise.   See below.

Fighting with HAL website trying to see if FCC will come up with "booking".

49922409383_3b7bd39e29_c.jpg

Wonderful news, Peter! I was on the same sailing and have already received my FCC and spent it. Just waiting for the credit card refund now. 

I received an email from HAL saying the following:

"When we wrote to you about Holland America Line’s extended pause in cruise operations, we shared two options for you to consider as compensation for the cancellation of your booking: a 125% Future Cruise Credit plus US$250 Onboard Spending Money, or a 100% refund of monies paid to Holland America Line. Our records indicate we have not received a selection from you at this time.

"

My travel agent submitted a request for a refund in the beginning of May.  I forwarded HAL's email to her.  She said she is having to submit multiple refund requests for all of the cruise lines. Maybe, they are hoping people will change their minds.

We cancelled our May family cruise on the Eurodam on 10 March. The next day we got email and a credit on our AMEX for all the excursions booked. We are still waiting for the actual refund for the cruise itself. We cancelled our September 2020 cruise two weeks ago. Not counting on seeing that money this year.

We're holding on to our reservations on the QM2 for September 2021. Hope springs eternal.

Just received chargeback of 4284 to my credit card this morning for Nieuw Amsterdam Mar 14 cruise.. so that is the bulk.. now just owe me about 800 for incidentals.. I sent a request to my credit card last week so dunno if that was it or if the payment was a scheduled one..  It doesnt say provisional  or anything..

Good news!  Sometime between Sunday evening and Monday morning (Memorial Day) I received a full refund of over $9,000 for our cancelled Koningsdam cruise scheduled to leave Ft Lauderdale 15 March 2020.  It's been 73 days since we received the email concerning the cancellation.  Since it was a last minute cancellation, and most of the passengers were already in Florida, we also received a 100% FCC. (No info on that amount as of yet)

I did not go the disputed charge route.  

I feel like cruising again, if we could just solve this Virus problem.😝

Enjoy!

Kel

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Nope.    To check, try this via a TA --> 

https://gohal.com/app/uploads/2020/05/HAL_View_Clients_Future_Cruise_Credits-Deposits_v4.pdf

Scott. 

====

Thank you.   I did call my TA to check a few days ago.  Also called Mariner Society.   They both looked it up and said nothing posted yet.   Don't know what tools they use.   I do see that you say a TA must initiate the query.  Also the website wants you to login as a travel professional.

Peter

We received our refund for our excursions, drinks package, laundry, taxes  etc for our April 19 cruise on the Niew Statendam to Amsterdam within a couple of weeks of canceling. However, we have not yet  received a refund for our airfare through Air Ease.  We canceled in early March .  We were told a few weeks ago by our travel agent that our  cruise credit has been applied to our booked Panama cruise in December, but she knew  nothing about the airfare credit except to say "all you can do is wait".   

On 5/12/2020 at 2:37 PM, Baileybasset said:

We cancelled our October 2020 Hawaii cruise.  Another Cruise Critic member recommended canceling the "extras" first.  So on 4/1/20 I cancelled the shore excursions, laundry and Internet packages.  Then on 4/14/20, we submitted the formal cancellation request to HAL and received the cancellation document showing the fee for Platinum Protection Plan deducted from the total to be refunded.  On 5/10/20, our credit card received the refunds for the "extras".  Still waiting for the cruise fare refund.  Was advised to allow 60 days, so will pursue it again with credit card company at that time.

A friend was booked to sail at end of March 2020, cancelled and has just received her complete refund for that sailing.

Update:  On 5/17/20, we decided not to wait the full 60 days to see whether or not HAL would issue us a complete refund for the total fare that we had paid in full prior to our due date (which we will NEVER do again).  So, we began a credit card dispute.  Today, 5/31/20, I received notice of a Merchant Credit to my account for the total fare less the insurance penalty fee.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Baileybasset said:

Update:  On 5/17/20, we decided not to wait the full 60 days to see whether or not HAL would issue us a complete refund for the total fare that we had paid in full prior to our due date (which we will NEVER do again).  So, we began a credit card dispute.  Today, 5/31/20, I received notice of a Merchant Credit to my account for the total fare less the insurance penalty fee.  

In yesterday's mail (May 30) I received a notice from my bank  that they had reversed the charge for the full amount of the cruise, temporarily, while they waited to hear from HAL. I filed the dispute back in March. I can't imagine what kind of excuse HAL would have to argue the reversal of my funds. I paid for a cruise, HAL didn't deliver, so what else is there to talk about. 

HAL issued our refund for our cancelled March 19 cruise, and some extras we had prepaid for, on May 29, 2020. 

AMEX has posted the credit to my account as of this this morning.

That makes it about 75 days ( +/- ) since we got notice that the cruise was cancelled.

I hope others see their refund activity in about the same amount of time.

Stay safe out there......

HAL issued our refund for our April 6 2020 cruise to AMEX      posted the credit to my account as of this this morning May 31.  We received the extrasthat we purchased refunded end of March. 

That makes it about 81 days ( +/- ) since we cancelled.  Finally it’s been an adventure. Nowstaying home for now. Trying to keep our small business in the wine industry and 11 employees surviving.  The refund will help to keep productiongoing for a while. 

I hope others see their refund activity soon. 
see you in 2021. 

6 minutes ago, OSUTRIKERS said:

Does refund just show upon CC or do you get a notice from HAL or c company?  

My experience - just showed up on my CC.  Nothing from HAL.  CC company never notifies about credits IME.  They just post them.

We cancelled two cruises with $750 deposits each on  March 15.  One was to sail late August and the other February 2021.  Subsequently HAL cancelled all Alaskan cruises which would have been our August sailing.

I had first cancelled almost $2 000 in paid shore excursions and this money was promptly returned.

Unlike so many we feel fortunate that just deposits had been made and not full payments.

Fearing that refunds were being handed out in order of sail dates we went the CC route to ensure refunds which were made promptly by CC.

Ruth

Today is day 81 since we cancelled our June 6 and June 20 Veendam cruises on March 17.  I believe HAL cancelled those cruises for everyone around April 14.  They had been paid in full. Just a short time ago our credit card was credited for the entire June 20 (35 days) cruise minus the $200 FCDs.  This included cruise fare, taxes and port fees, airfare and transfers.  I may have those two FCDs back in our accounts but can't see that on the HAL website.  I will have to contact either the TA or HAL to find out where they went.

However, the June 6 (14 days) cruise is still not refunded.  The reason could be because the first cruise was supposed to be split up with a $398 FCC and the rest of the amount credited to our credit card.  Or one person had the June 6 cruise to work on and another person had the June 20 cruise to work on.  Who knows?