Why Royal Caribbean is taking so long in doing refunds?!?!?

Previous refunds were lengthy waits but eventually came through.  With Royal cancelling another cruise on me for late 2021 my TA was able to negotiate a refund of the non-refundable deposit (Royal canceled the cruise, not me) but they said it would take up to 90 days.  

I called my credit card company and explained everything truthfully.  They are going to file it as a dispute given the outrageous timeframe for the refund that Royal has stated they are processing.  That dispute may take a few weeks to run its course but the amount will be removed from my account in the interim.    

It never hurts to talk to your credit card company.  We all must accept normal refund processing times but the wait times that Royal is putting on customers is not normal or acceptable.  My credit card company saw it that way, maybe yours will too.

We got half of what we are owed this week for our canceled April cruise shore excursion and dining. I called today and asked where the other half is. The agent said it is 'coming soon' whatever that means. Since we canceled these in March, I guess ????

2 hours ago, baldilocks said:

We got half of what we are owed this week for our canceled April cruise shore excursion and dining. I called today and asked where the other half is. The agent said it is 'coming soon' whatever that means. Since we canceled these in March, I guess ????

Dozen Refunds from Royal and they always came in partial amounts, how they usually do it and Final within Days. So hopefully same for you. ..

I have given up trying to work out how any cruise line is handling this.

so far had 6 cruises cancelled with 4 different cruise lines.

cruise 1 April 11th not resolved

cruise 2 April 18th fully resolved

cruise 3 May 22nd not resolved

cruise 4 June 13th fully resolved

cruise 5 June 21st not resolved

cruise 6 July 18th fully resolved

getting there slowly but surely but not exactly in sail date or cancellation order 🙄

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I got mine in 10 days for a cruise I cancelled.

FCC or cash refund?  What was the date of the cruise.  Waiting on August and September RCI cancelled cruise refunds.  Wondering if they are going from oldest cruise sail date to newest?  

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

FCC or cash refund?  What was the date of the cruise.  Waiting on August and September RCI cancelled cruise refunds.  Wondering if they are going from oldest cruise sail date to newest?  

I cancelled.  Refundable deposits.  It was a July 2021 cruise that I cancelled.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I cancelled.  Refundable deposits.  It was a July 2021 cruise that I cancelled.

Ahhh...OK...thanks.   I have six cancellations so far (five by RCI and one by me).   Will be interesting to see if and when I get the nonrefundable deposit FCC that I did.  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahhh...OK...thanks.   I have six cancellations so far (five by RCI and one by me).   Will be interesting to see if and when I get the nonrefundable deposit FCC that I did.  

There is a big difference in timing between cancelling for  deposits only and waiting for refunds where Royal has cancelled your cruise.  I’m still waiting on my June 12 Mariner cruise that Royal cancelled (FCC and port fees) as well as my July 10 2020 Alaska cruise that was cancelled. 

I had a 4/20 cruise that got canceled on 3/24.  We had until 4/9 to choose the 125% FCC for on-board purchases, otherwise they'd be "refunded within 45 days."

Here we are, June 12th, and I have yet to see dime one on anything.  No taxes, pre-paid gratuities, or onboard purchases.  I finally contacted my TA the other day to see what was up, they told me the taxes and fees had been refunded.  When I asked them on what date and to what card they were posted, they went radio silent for 2 days and then wrote back to me and said they'd contact RCI to see what was going on.  I got an e-mail from RCCL shortly thereafter saying my OBPs were being refunded "within 30 days."  Nothing from the TA on the taxes and gratuities yet.

Still holding my FCC for the cruise itself, but with each passing day, I'm more and more tempted to cash out and say goodbye to cruising for the foreseeable future.  It pains me to say it and will pain me more to do it, but this is ridiculous.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:31 PM, mac_tlc said:

Tomorrow will be day 90 and I am still waiting for the taxes/fees for our cancelled 3/22 Anthem. 

mac_tlc

I love quoting myself......

I finally received the remainder of the taxes/fees for my 3/22 “cancelled by Royal” Anthem cruise. The first part ($16.47) posted to my credit card with a date of 5/23, although it did not appear on my account until 5/30. The remaining $285.45 posted today, 92 days after Royal cancelled. 

Did receive the new invoice for my L&S’d September 2021 Oasis cruise. 

Still waiting for the taxes/fees for my sister in law’s cabin on the same 3/22 cruise. 

Still waiting for 4 of my 8 FCCs to be reissued with the correct date for my “Cancelled by me” August Harmony cruise. 

Still waiting for FCC on “cancelled by me” January 2021 Celebrity cruise. 

Still waiting for FCCs on “cancelled by me” September Oasis Cruise. 

I actually had to create an Excel spreadsheet solely to track all the pieces of refunds/FCCs/cruise planner purchases that I am waiting for. Ridiculous. Thanks God I’m retired and can devote time to this 🙄🙄🙄

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is a big difference in timing between cancelling for  deposits only and waiting for refunds where Royal has cancelled your cruise.  I’m still waiting on my June 12 Mariner cruise that Royal cancelled (FCC and port fees) as well as my July 10 2020 Alaska cruise that was cancelled. 

The reason I cancelled the one....was due to it being the first leg of B2B (5 night to Bermuda) that paired up with RCI cancelled 9 night NE/Canada cruise.  Was not interested in flying up to Baltimore for 5 night, 1 port cruise.  Otherwise, RCI has cancelled the rest.  

Bummer we both lost our Alaska cruises...I had two Alaska B2Bs from August.  Big $$ waiting for that refund.  

I have received full cash refund for June Harmony (cash refund).  FCC for Grandeur June 11th fuzzy math 113%. a couple of weeks ago.  Just yesterday I received the prepaid grats and tax/fees in cash for that one.

So I am assuming you should get your June 12th fees soon.  

7 hours ago, island lady said:

We are waiting 91 days so no.

On May 21, 2020 I lifted and shifted my cruise.  They canceled all of my cruise planner purchases but I still have not received a refund.  They said they had to make it show under payments so they could have a record of the amt but that I would definitely get a refund.  I called a few days later and asked someone else and they said that I would get a refund.  I guess it will come eventually.

From the time our March 15th sailing was cancelled on the Freedom, it has taken 4 months for all money to be returned to the credit cards used. In fact the last amount just posted to the CC this morning.I don't understand why they can't do 1 person refund at one time. My deposit came in two different payments & odd amounts. 

On 6/12/2020 at 4:24 AM, LorraineP said:

Happy to report I finally received all my refunds today for my 5/24 cruise. Requested refund on 4/16, almost 2 months. 

Glad to see this worked(?) somewhat for you but it just highlights to horrible inconsistency RCL is following(?) in this process.

Me: requested refund on March 30 for cruise scheduled on May 14. Still waiting but less patiently so. 75 days and counting!

My March 26th sailing of the Empress was cancelled by RCCL on March 13.  I took the FCC option.  Received the FCC on April 6th.  Yesterday, June 12th I finally received the refund to my Credit card for the port fees, taxes and prepaid gratuities.   Still haven't received credit for the RCCL insurance.

We requested a refund on March 25 for our April cruise cancelled by Royal. We received a partial refund of the cruise fare and full refund of port charges and taxes, 30 business days after submitting the refund request. I waited a week for the balance of the refund and when it was not received, spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone waiting to speak with customer service. The CSR processed the request for the balance of my refund and it was received today, 21 business days after my call.