Why Royal Caribbean is taking so long in doing refunds?!?!?

This morning I finally got refund taxes/fees plus prepaid grats for two on a booking for one of my August Alaska cruises...AND fare refund for just ONE  person, not the second.  Anyone else get refund of just one person on a two person booking?  

Edited by island lady

I’m 82 days in since we cancelled for full refund. I had booked and paid for 4 rooms for a family trip 2 years ago, with final payments in March. I requested a full refund when the trip was announced as cancelled. I have not received a penny back yet, and the 2 times I have asked, I have been told that it should happen in the next 2 weeks. Our cruise was scheduled to leave tomorrow, and I am still short $11,500. I don’t understand how they are refunding later cruises before ours, nor can I understand how 82 days is acceptable. I have been understanding and have not complained as I know their customer service team isn’t responsible for the lack of refunds, and I know there is a lot of refunds. But this effort of refunds do not appear to be organized, and hearing so many people with so many little refunds in small dollar amounts makes me believe they just don’t have the money... not that they don’t have the people to do the refunds.

Why is Royal issuing refunds that aren't expected? LOL

Did a Lift & Shift about a month ago for our July cruise when it was cancelled. A week ago received a $221 refund (new cruise was $88 cheaper than old cruise). Got ahold of TA, he got ahold of Royal, their mistake, so I paid the difference back. WHile on the phone with my TA I noticed a brand new refund of $47. WTH??? No excursions or anything was involved with the L&S cruise. TA checking on that now too. Royal just seems to want to throw money at me for some reason.

8 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Yeaaaaa- please celebrate with me.

Today is day 90 and I still did not get my full refund from  Royal Denial Cruise Lines

Totally feel for you!!! I'm on day 87 and I haven't received a penny!  I  plan to call on Thurs. when it will be day 90! This really is ridiculous considering so many people have not had to wait this long!

There is still hope for refunds in the future.  We were booked on 6 cruises from April 25 onward.  We received most of our refund in dribbles and drabs about a month ago but short about $350 total.  Today we received another $42.88. Yeh.  Thing is" none of the refund amounts related to any specific cruise so we still do not know which were refunded in total.  I guess we keep waiting.....