Orlando Ashford needs to resign now!

nyceve

On 5/26/2020 at 7:59 AM, DFD1 said:

Slowed perhaps, but not stopped. There was simply no reason to stay. Some music would have helped keep people there, IMO.

As we left for late dinner, the early diners were arriving.  I agree that music would have helped keep them there.

8 hours ago, ski ww said:

I don't know if he is the one that made the decision to get rid of the full promenade deck on the two newest ships or not but that was not very popular. There was lots of posts complaining when they were first launched.  

I don't think we can lay that at OA's door. He didn't become President until November 2014, and the Koningsdam was ordered in 2012 as a new design ship, first of the Pinnacle class. Construction of her started in February 2014.

Several different things have conspired to change the ship designs allowing for a full promenade deck. Desire to maximize interior space, new requirements that change how lifeboats should be accessed, and so on. Yes, it CAN be done, but the current crop of larger ships are not doing it -- HAL is far from an outlier.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

As a graduate of Milton Hershey I found it interesting too.  

According to HERCO , he joined the board in December 2019. I’ve always loved the fact that the school holds the controlling interest in the company. Milton certainly looked out for the children.

After reading the rubbish written in the first two paragraphs, I stopped reading the article.

(Quote:)  President Orlando Ashford will leave the premium cruise line at the end of May.

Ashford has served in that role since November 2014 and led a rejuvenation of the brand through an emphasis on enhanced onboard entertainment (end quote)

This was just too much hyperbole.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

After reading the rubbish written in the first two paragraphs, I stopped reading the article.

(Quote:)  President Orlando Ashford will leave the premium cruise line at the end of May.

Ashford has served in that role since November 2014 and led a rejuvenation of the brand through an emphasis on enhanced onboard entertainment (end quote)

This was just too much hyperbole.

Right ! 

On 5/10/2020 at 12:01 PM, RocketMan275 said:

You do realize that every mass market cruise line forum on this site is filled with similar complaints.  That should tell you that this isn't a problem unique to Holland or to Ashford.

Thank you,, RocketMan, I was just about to post the same.

20 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Thank you,, RocketMan, I was just about to post the same.

There is a sizeable and vocal contingent on CC who simply do not like Ashford and are looking for every excuse to criticize the man.  He simply made too many changes without checking with the 4* & 5* Mariners who know far better than almost anyone how to run a cruise line.

They seem to complain about everything from the popcorn through to the design of the recent builds.

Really....how many have actually voted with their their wallets and their feet? Perhaps ponied up the dollars required to enjoy a cruise on a premium line and buy the product that they say they want.  They have a huge expectation gap.  They are buying a mass market cruise and expect the premium product.  It will not happen.

Some constantly hearken back to the standards of twenty years ago.   How about spending in today's dollars what they spent 20 years ago?  Don't see a rush to do that and move up to a premium cruise line.  

Edited by iancal
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2