ALLURE Going to yard May 20th

• 3,000+ Club
  • January 6, 2008
  •  
  • 4,777 posts
  • Madrid/Marbella, Spain / Naples, FL

Allure and Jewel.JPG

Finally a confirmation. It appears that Allure will be going to Cadiz sometime after May 20th for the needed drydock. 

I doubt we will get much confirmation soon of what they will be doing, but very happy they are moving forward. 

I'm scheduled for Dec 6 2020.  I booked it ages ago.  I think just after it came out. I got the extra OBC when they cancelled the dine and drink package for BW balconies.  Thinking about Lift and switch. Does anyone know if I do, will I lose the extra OBC?

Edited by Tree_skier

53 minutes ago, soremekun said:

So I may be able to enjoy the amplified Allure after all.  I'm booked for February 2021.

IMHO don't think they plan on Amping Allure.....just needed maintenance.  

• Like 1

No amping this year [emoji27] and the azipod has to be changed and can't cruise with just the 2 [emoji27] we came across on the march TA and the vibration at the back just cruising in 2 azipod was very bad [emoji27] only 2 aqua shows even though the smoothest crossing ever known ( the captain's words ) . Azipod change is definetly the priority [emoji3]

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm scheduled for Dec 6 2020.  I booked it ages ago.  I think just after it came out. I got the extra OBC when they cancelled the dine and drink package for BW balconies.  Thinking about Lift and switch. Does anyone know if I do, will I lose the extra OBC?

While not clearly specified this point makes it seem as though all promotions carry through.

33. Can I leverage automated tools to Lift & Shift my clients?
Currently, we ask that you contact our Trade Support & Service team to ensure all pricing and promotional components carry through as intended.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villager70 said:
  • 3,000+ Club
  •  
  • January 6, 2008
  •  
  • 4,777 posts
  • Madrid/Marbella, Spain / Naples, FL

Allure and Jewel.JPG

Finally a confirmation. It appears that Allure will be going to Cadiz sometime after May 20th for the needed drydock. 

I doubt we will get much confirmation soon of what they will be doing, but very happy they are moving forward. 

Great update.

Required marine maintenance and azipod issues will get fixed regardless.

i would not be surprised to see some things from the amplification go through if they can be done in a timely manner without much additional cost over What the materials have already cost.  Things like adding all the new staterooms and an entire front section to deck 14 would be out However I’m wondering if the slides would go forward. In my mind it’s the addition of the water slides and the abyss that are 2 of the biggest pluses for families.  If some restaurants don’t get updated or added it’s not a big deal.  Adding cabins now certainly isn’t a priority.  Pretty sure the laser tag can be added easily enough Even the escape room.  Updated chairs, loungers and cabanas by the pool are easy as well as the cosmetic changes to the pool bars.  Doing a few of these minor things will still spruce her up and  make Her more appealing for families. 

• Like 1

Allure left Southampton yesterday afternoon, and Jewel-is halfway across the Med for their scheduled meeting up.. presumably somewhere near Gibraltar.   Anthem should meet them there too. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, little britain said:

Allure left Southampton yesterday afternoon, and Jewel-is halfway across the Med for their scheduled meeting up.. presumably somewhere near Gibraltar.   Anthem should meet them there too. 

Yeah been watching her for weeks at a standstill. Saw her start the move Thursday. Supposed be on the her end of Nov Trans Atlantic return to US, hopefully she will still be carrying passengers...

Edited by ONECRUISER

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I don't think Allure would wait around for a week+ till Anthem arrives - RCI is going to want to get the dry dock over with.

Is Navantia open for new business?  Last I heard it was down to "essential" workers, so wouldn't be taking on any new business.

Just now, chengkp75 said:

Is Navantia open for new business?  Last I heard it was down to "essential" workers, so wouldn't be taking on any new business.

I assume RCI made some deal with the yard to proceed - @MADflyer usually has good info on the situation there.

• Like 1

The biggrst cost o the drydock probably was the addition of the front section of Deck 14 together with the working hours and stabilization requirements (engineering)of the added weight etc. Most of this would have been already manufactured in advance and installed as blocks during the drydock.  All the other additions and enhancements not including the addition of cabins would have costed somewhere between 1/3 - 1/2 of the original costs of the drydock however certain costs were likely already paid upfront.

6 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Due to the current cash flow issue, I think Royal will do as little as possible, even if it means abandoning finished pieces already at the yard. Royal is in full survival mode at the moment.

The project with the additional cabins they might as well cancel it completely.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I assume RCI made some deal with the yard to proceed - @MADflyer usually has good info on the situation there.

Navantia plan to start re-opening has not been accepted by the union or the state.  They had planned to be at 50% of operations on Monday of this week. They would then have been up to 75% by Monday the 18th. 

They started work 2 weeks ago on a Spanish frigate. They started back last week working on the Saudi Arabian order. Work on the Carnival ship has not commenced. 

I think they will be ready by the end of the month, when I would expect Allure to arrive at the shipyard. There is no official notice of the new contract. The only confirmation has come from Royal Caribbean's side. 

Jewel arrives at 5:00 AM on the 14th of May and Allure arrives at 6 AM.  South and Central Americans along with Caribbean crew will leave on a charter flight to Barbados to join those repatriation ships there. 

All other non-essential Allure crew will transfer then to Jewel of the Seas and she will meet up with Anthem to transfer the indian crew. Jewel will then sail for Southampton to meet up with those repatriation ships. Other international crew will then fly from London back home. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Do you mean the "conversion to cabins" or "leaving the Diamond Lounge where it is" won't be done?

The conversion to cabins. 

they don’t need extra cabins on the ships anymore and it will be a long time before they do. 

Royal Caribbean had already cancelled all work in dry dock on cabins during the week just prior to Allure arriving in Barcelona. This was part of the cost cutting measures announced during that week. I would not expect that the new contract would include any work on the cabins.