My FCC "Rules" Changed

mbglib

My March 7th Grand Princess cruise was cancelled on March 4.  I received FCC for it on March 5 (see first picture) that indicated I could book by March 31, 2021.  I confirmed with a PVP that that did indeed mean I only had to book by that date and could sail later.

Today, I checked my FCC only to see that it has been changed to book and sail by March 31, 2021 as of April 27 (see second picture).  Evidently Princess has time to alter the FCC rules, but still not time to issue refunds!

I am not happy about this...just one more method Princess is using to alienate its customers evidently.

originalfcc.jpg

may9changeinfcc.png

• Like 1

I would be keeping the first proof and insist that Princess honor it.  Of course, getting anyone on the phone to discuss it, much less fix the error,  is nigh impossible right now.

One thing Princess is now saying is that the non-bonus FCC (i.e. What you actually paid to them but not the extra-on-top-percentage) is refundable if you find you cannot use that FCC by its expiration.  (Actually getting such a refund is another matter entirely),

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mbglib said:

My March 7th Grand Princess cruise was cancelled on March 4.  I received FCC for it on March 5 (see first picture) that indicated I could book by March 31, 2021.  I confirmed with a PVP that that did indeed mean I only had to book by that date and could sail later.

Today, I checked my FCC only to see that it has been changed to book and sail by March 31, 2021 as of April 27 (see second picture).  Evidently Princess has time to alter the FCC rules, but still not time to issue refunds!

I am not happy about this...just one more method Princess is using to alienate its customers evidently.

originalfcc.jpg

may9changeinfcc.png

I was meant to be on the same cruise as you and received the same FCC and have already put it to another cruise in April 2021, after the sail by date you have. 

• Like 2

It has to be a mistake.  We cancelled a cruise that was cancelled in the first pause and have until May 2022 to use the FCC.  Here's a chart with that date from an email we received from Princess this past week.

image.png.68f92fe39b22b53f9947b8a9265733fb.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BIG TIME CRUISER said:

That was my thought exactly.

Unless there's a vaccine, 2020 doesn't look all that promising. :classic_sad:

cruising WILL START before there is a vaccine … it will be YOUR CHOICE if you wish to participate … as it will be others

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It has to be a mistake.  We cancelled a cruise that was cancelled in the first pause and have until May 2022 to use the FCC.  Here's a chart with that date from an email we received from Princess this past week.

image.png.68f92fe39b22b53f9947b8a9265733fb.png

My cruise departure date was March 7, so outside of those dates. 

4 minutes ago, mbglib said:

My cruise departure date was March 7, so outside of those dates. 

It was 5 days earlier but would it make sense to give you 13 months less to take your cruise?  It's just one more piece of information for you but your earliest screen shot without an expiration date and a lack of other materials from Princess at that time to substantiate the earlier date would be your best proof.

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It was 5 days earlier but would it make sense to give you 13 months less to take your cruise?  It's just one more piece of information for you but your earliest screen shot without an expiration date and a lack of other materials from Princess at that time to substantiate the earlier date would be your best proof.

You are right.  I didn't think 5 days justified 13 months less either. 🙂 Thank you.

• Like 1

Why did your cruise get cancelled?

my cancellation was as a result of the email offer on March 6 th from Princess. 
My use by date is Dec 31/20. 

maybe that is the difference between our use by dates  just a guess. 

those after the first pause have a May 2022 date. 

1 hour ago, dog said:

My use by date is Dec 31/20. 

My cruise was on the Grand Princess on March 7.  It was cancelled on March 4 when Covid19 was thought to be on the Grand based on a former passenger.

You use-by date is Dec.31, 2020?

Edited by mbglib

Update:  I called Princess and "customer relations" said they would extend the sail by date until Dec. 31, 2021 and that the change should show up in my account by Monday evening.  I will update then if/when it happens.  Hopefully, it will.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dog said:

My use by date is Dec 31/21

Dec 31/21.  Corrected again 

5 hours ago, mbglib said:

My cruise was on the Grand Princess on March 7.  It was cancelled on March 4 when Covid19 was thought to be on the Grand based on a former passenger.

You use-by date is Dec.31, 2020?

Dec 31/21.  Correction 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mbglib said:

Update:  I called Princess and "customer relations" said they would extend the sail by date until Dec. 31, 2021 and that the change should show up in my account by Monday evening.  I will update then if/when it happens.  Hopefully, it will.

glad you made the call

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

One thing Princess is now saying is that the non-bonus FCC (i.e. What you actually paid to them but not the extra-on-top-percentage) is refundable if you find you cannot use that FCC by its expiration.  (Actually getting such a refund is another matter entirely),

They said that for the Pause 3 cruises (announced a couple of days ago), but did they make it retroactive to the Pause 1 and Pause 2 cruises?

It’s not real clear, but the option has been made available to prior pause cruisers (although nobody has received any actual refund).   On some of the other threads, prior to Pause 3, it was mentioned anecdotally by multiple posters who had received that information from either their TA or a Princess CSR.  Particularly on the threads discussions re: age 70+ needing a doctor note or not.

This is the first time that I’m aware of that Princess has made that statement in a somewhat public forum, although I did not see the prior webinars, so it could have been mentioned in those.  

The way John said it, sort of tossed off and not a big announcement with its own slide, it seemed like something that was already in place and not a brand new option...but that is just my interpretation of his body language, phrasing and presentation.  

10 hours ago, weedpindle said:

If you read the rules, Princess ( and all other cruise lines) make the rules, and the rules state they can change the rules anytime.

Too true, but still irritating.