Azamazing Evening in Slovenia 2020

cruzluvers

We are booked on a B2B which includes an Azamazing evening in Koper, Slovenia with all three Azamara ships.  Because of the current corona virus situation,  what are the chances that this will come to be.  🤔

I am too, and wish I had an answer. I know lots of planning has gone into the Azamazing Evening and I was really looking forward to it. I think it would be a great cruise.

There are just too many unknowns for conjecture at this point. What countries will be allowing cruise tourists? Will there be flights? A vaccine isn’t likely by then; will there be good therapeutics accessible to everyone? Will there be a seasonal aspect to this thing?
I’ve read that RCCL has a Sea-mask in the works, but don’t know who or what that’s planned for.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed, but realistically, also hoping that if this one doesn’t happen, the three sisters Azamazing Evening would be replicated before too long. 

Melissa

17 minutes ago, Melissaghoti said:

I am too, and wish I had an answer. I know lots of planning has gone into the Azamazing Evening and I was really looking forward to it. I think it would be a great cruise.

There are just too many unknowns for conjecture at this point. What countries will be allowing cruise tourists? Will there be flights? A vaccine isn’t likely by then; will there be good therapeutics accessible to everyone? Will there be a seasonal aspect to this thing?
I’ve read that RCCL has a Sea-mask in the works, but don’t know who or what that’s planned for.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed, but realistically, also hoping that if this one doesn’t happen, the three sisters Azamazing Evening would be replicated before too long. 

Melissa

Our fingers & toes are crossed too but to early to tell.   Que sera, sera!

We had to cancel our Oct b2b sadly. The chances of actually getting there from NZ were about nil, and with government imposed quarantine coming back for 14 days.....just not viable. ☹

3 hours ago, QueenP said:

We had to cancel our Oct b2b sadly. The chances of actually getting there from NZ were about nil, and with government imposed quarantine coming back for 14 days.....just not viable. ☹

Right.  We had to postpone our visit to New Zealand from March to next January.  Not sure if they'll let us in by then...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Right.  We had to postpone our visit to New Zealand from March to next January.  Not sure if they'll let us in by then...

I think that until there is a vaccine or treatment for Covid-19 New Zealand will have closed borders. 

Phil 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think that until there is a vaccine or treatment for Covid-19 New Zealand will have closed borders. 

Phil 

Yes by closing their borders they have done so well. We hoped to visit the family early 2021 and that plan if off. We are aiming for 2022 now 

• Like 2

Zero!

Seabourn has cancelled all cruises (I think) to end Nov.

Worldwide, countries which still have significant incidences of infections, are loosening restrictions on movement. It seems inevitable to me that there will be 2nd waves occurring. So, even if some countries become relatively safe, many countries won’t be allowing cruise ships to dock and letting thousands of cruisers wander around. 

Of course this is total speculation on my part.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Phil, I have a strong feeling that that will be our Australian Government's view as well.  So that makes the Pursuits' Australia and New Zealand season a bit shaky unfortunately.

• Like 2

Slovenia was a difficult (but rightly so) country to enter when we last cruised there (2018). Passports for all guests required, captain announced with exasperation. Not the 'smile and wave' entry used in Dubrovnik, Santorini on the same trip. Stern welcome, unsmiling. Immigration issue , according to our tour guide.

Which is my way of saying - they guard their borders, don't expect a port re-opening in a hurry. Small country, mountainous, proud and orderly.

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Had a email only yesterday from a travel agent promoting the 3rd October cruises on Journey and Pursuit, wishful thinking?.

I had one promoting the July itineraries - I suspect it’s an automated thing but don’t they send someone in off furlough to switch the thing off! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Had a email only yesterday from a travel agent promoting the 3rd October cruises on Journey and Pursuit, wishful thinking?.

I just reread the email and they are actually promoting all Azamara cruises for Oct, Nov and Dec 2020.

I am booked on the October 3rd cruise. I would love it to happen but my sensible head tells me that allowing all three ships crew and passengers to mix and mingle would be too high risk. Imagine having the whole fleet infected at once.

• Like 1