what are you doing at home?

crusinbanjo

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Much, much more off than on, Davey, as I have great capacity to overindulge.

🙂 I do treat myself but tbh an hour after the afternoon tea which was a real treat I was starting to regret it. I Can get away with a few carbs but too many and my tummy feels like the Drake passage! 

• Haha 1

Below are three visuals to illustrate home activities during the past few days.  We are surviving and fortunately we are heading into the Spring period when we get longer days and more sunshine. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sunday was Mother's Day and we received a video call from our son in Virginia.  Below is a view of my laptop showing our son and one of our two grandsons as we talked back and forth.  Doing such electronic hook-ups have been vital to stay connected during this period.  Plus, FUN!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

IMG_5109.jpeg.77aac633d3c66dcc0ac5d93001493057.jpeg

Yesterday, I needed to gas up.  Why is this of significance?  It was the first time since early February that I had to do a fill-up.  We departed Feb. 8 to New Zealand and returned home March 7.  Not much gas used while traveling to the South Pacific.  Then during the past two months, we have been mostly staying home except for a few grocery and food runs.  Then gas prices are also low now, plus I had 70 cents off due to our grocery purchases.  So, how often have you seen that the price per gallon was only $1.13.9??  That is especially amazing as taxes per gallon total 58 cents.  Having that low of a price and to do only one fill-up over three months is pretty amazing.  Saving much money with that kind of economy!!:

IMG_5111.jpeg.fdb5277dd3da4e841f6c3c30c02fb778.jpeg

Walking in our wooded ravine area is interesting, especially as below, when we see a colorful area of wild flowers.:

IMG_5104.jpeg.63d6c0cf537309e96fff7daf05f615ab.jpeg

• Like 5

More food! Local scallops marinated in madeira and dijon mustard and roasted for starter.

Thought I would try something different for the main, poached halibut in a vanilla and saffron cream. It was amazing. And finally a message from Her Royal Highness, Kitty

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10222641999384369&id=1404294312

20200512_203237.jpg

20200512_210629.jpg

• Like 6

I love to see what everyone is doing.  Our lives have been much more mundane.  No spectacular food or impressive renovations.  We have weeded the landscaping, spread 40 cubic yards of mulch and 15 yards of wood chips.  I have pressure washed all the slate walkways and now will pressure wash the pool deck.  Then, I will pressure wash the house.  There is no rest for the elderly!

Seriously, we are glad to see that everyone is coping well and so look forward to seeing everyone again on Silversea.

Stay safe, keep day dreaming and stay well,

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

I love to see what everyone is doing.  Our lives have been much more mundane.  No spectacular food or impressive renovations.  We have weeded the landscaping, spread 40 cubic yards of mulch and 15 yards of wood chips.  I have pressure washed all the slate walkways and now will pressure wash the pool deck.  Then, I will pressure wash the house.  There is no rest for the elderly!

Seriously, we are glad to see that everyone is coping well and so look forward to seeing everyone again on Silversea.

Amen!  Totally agree!

14 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Mundane? I would take it.  Yesterday I had to go to the Dr (again), go back to the lab (again), and then had to go to

the Imaging place for an Ultrasound of my thyroid:classic_blink:.  Oh, I forgot, I actually had a Dentist appt too!

Hang in there Lois -  I went through a similar spell 13 years ago, and it is no fun.  It can really wear you down, but believe me, you will get beyond all this and eventually look back in disbelief that it even happened!

15 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

More food! Local scallops marinated in madeira and dijon mustard and roasted for starter.

Thought I would try something different for the main, poached halibut in a vanilla and saffron cream. It was amazing. And finally a message from Her Royal Highness, Kitty

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10222641999384369&id=1404294312

20200512_203237.jpg

20200512_210629.jpg

That looks fabulous I'll be right over!   Haha  Seriously that looks GREAT!

28 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Hang in there Lois -  I went through a similar spell 13 years ago, and it is no fun.  It can really wear you down, but believe me, you will get beyond all this and eventually look back in disbelief that it even happened!

Thank you:classic_smile: although not so sure about that eventual outcome.  What if I told you I have 3 more Drs appts next week too?:classic_blink: Nephrologist, Cardiologist and another GP follow up.  Not sure about any of my

future:classic_rolleyes: 

26 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

That looks fabulous I'll be right over!   Haha  Seriously that looks GREAT!

‘It was amazing, even if I do say so myself. The halibut was beautiful and that was the first time I made that sauce. I low simmered a pint of double cream for an hour with saffron and a vanilla pod. Very pleased with the results. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

‘It was amazing, even if I do say so myself. The halibut was beautiful and that was the first time I made that sauce. I low simmered a pint of double cream for an hour with saffron and a vanilla pod. Very pleased with the results. 

Are you a trained chef?

• Haha 1

I have a piece of Mahi and Salmon in the freezer. Think I will defrost them and have them for dinner. I love fish

and I know it is good for you too:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Haha. I Love cooking but never usually have time, I own a hotel. At the moment I’ve nothing better to do and I love experimenting. I Trained at college and then completed a 5 year management course at the Savoy in London. It’s 30 years since I’ve worked in a kitchen. 

• Like 1

I watched all the tv series and movie available right now. Especially those that were released due to cinemas closing. I also played a few computer games and played some board games with my wife and kid.. well we still play cause we are on quarantine. In any case, these days at home are quite enjoyable. I wonder what others will say

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I watched all the tv series and movie available right now. Especially those that were released due to cinemas closing. I also played a few computer games and played some board games with my wife and kid.. well we still play cause we are on quarantine. In any case, these days at home are quite enjoyable. I wonder what others will say

Glad things are going well for you and your family:classic_smile:

5 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Alsatian Gewurztraminer is the bomb! Glad you enjoyed it. 

It’s my absolute favourite with Chinese food JP. I’ve only got 4 bottles of the 2015 left.

Its rated 5 stars.

A perfect weather script for Alsace: a warm, dry spring and early summer was followed by a July heatwave, to the extent that the vines were suffering by early August.  Rain storms on August 9th and 10th were hugely helpful, and after that, the vines ripened perfectly for a leisurely harvest throughout September, VT and SGN included.  All varieties excelled, including Pinot Noir.  2015 is considered the greatest Alsace vintage since 1990 and 1971, though quantities were not large.
Edited by Daveywavey70
  • Like 2