Millineum Docked at San Diego, Any chance for CA Coastal Cruise?

yoshi

We saw the Millineum docked in San Diego, I wonder if there is any chance for California Coastal cruises? I would seriously consider taking one if allowed. What do you think?

23 minutes ago, yoshi said:

We saw the Millineum docked in San Diego, I wonder if there is any chance for California Coastal cruises? I would seriously consider taking one if allowed. What do you think?

Today is Mother's Day, not April Fool's Day

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ok, then how about San Diego RT with a stop in Ensenada (no one gets off), Catalina, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Pedro and back? Seven days of fresh ocean air, beautiful sunsets and maybe out-door-type of excursions. Of course with temp checks and masks.

1 minute ago, yoshi said:

ok, then how about San Diego RT with a stop in Ensenada (no one gets off), Catalina, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Pedro and back? Seven days of fresh ocean air, beautiful sunsets and maybe out-door-type of excursions. Of course with temp checks and masks.

And likely a cruise with undiagnosed Covid positive people, just takes one, who has no symptoms. Yeah. Nah. 

• Like 1

California and Washington are not going to allow cruises any time soon.  There will need to be some significant changes to how cruises function for any cruises to be allowed to sail. 

1.  How do you check people in without huge crowds in small rooms?  

2.  What measures do you take onboard to allow for adequate social distancing?

3.  How do you effectively isolate people if an outbreak occurs?

4.  What medical facilities are required?

5.  You have to get everyone off the ship at some point, how do you do that without crowds?  If you have ports, then this happens multiple times and number 1 happens multiple times.  If you do not have ports, you still have to get everyone off without what we already know often close quarters. 

6.  What kind of changes to ventilation systems are required to stop spread via AC/Heat systems

7.  How do you change the entertainment venues to allow for safe seating?

We also have to consider the crew and staff.  What measures are put in place to address the even closer quarters that they have to deal with.  They cross populate much more than we do on a cruise and they do not have as much room to work with to address keeping distance.  

This is not going to be a simple solution unless there are enough people that essentially demand that cruises are essential without these being addressed.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, yoshi said:

I would do that itinerary.  But I can't see it happening in 2020.  

11 hours ago, yoshi said:

Why are you proposing that when the cruiselines haven't presented a proper plan to deal with the virus? You're putting the cart before the horse. 

The number one issue is how to deal the the virus one the ship. Until the cruiselines have adequately dealt with that it there's no point devising alternate intinaries. I'm not quite sure why people are failing to realize that.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Why are you proposing that when the cruiselines haven't presented a proper plan to deal with the virus? You're putting the cart before the horse. 

The number one issue is how to deal the the virus one the ship. Until the cruiselines have adequately dealt with that it there's no point devising alternate intinaries. I'm not quite sure why people are failing to realize that.

Tell that to Celebrity who is still selling cruises or hasn't cancelled cruises for the rest of 2020. Our final payment is due in June for our September Eclipse cruise. 

No one getting off will not fly. The PVSA does not allow token stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 5/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, davekathy said:

Our final payment is due in June for our September Eclipse cruise. 

I lifted and shifted my September cruise to next year... great option if NRD and acceptable L&S cruise. If refundable, cancel! Now my final payment is June 2021. I have a slight hope of cruising next fall.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

On 5/10/2020 at 10:22 PM, yoshi said:

We loved this itin.( ours was rt San Pedro and included San Francisco)

Why would these ports want visitors that might spread new germs..They are not as dependent economically as some Carib ports for cruisers.   They should let the locals open things up cautiously before adding cruises to the mix,

Thanks for responses, I am just missing cruising. I understand that until a vaccine is available there is not much chance for cruising.

To hcats point;

Although if locals could cruise from So Cal without flying, with passengers wearing masks, with no buffet food service, maybe reduced amount of passengers/crew, and out-door excursions-walking (not sure how to safely bus people), that would be starting cruising back local and "cautiously."

For now, long walks on the beach and take out from favorite restaurants will have to fill my need for travel.

Take care everyone.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:22 PM, yoshi said:

We did a coastal cruise that ended in Ensenada and we were bused to San Diego airport.

2 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

We did a coastal cruise that ended in Ensenada and we were bused to San Diego airport.

Now that would be impossible, it is very risky to cross to San Diego through Tijuana.