Empress cabin 9664?

I've seen a few pics posted on here. Search Empress 9664 and you'll find the thread.  There's also a video on Youtube.  I'm also staying in 9664 for a July 2021 cruise.  Please let me know what you think after your January sailing!

Booked it back to back 16 nights last fall. Watched every night when at 11:30 it opened up for the second leg of a back to back cruise so I got the cabin for the full 16 nights. Someone cancelled their Cuba cruise.

Pros: 

Cabin size- you have a second room so to speak. I had a "queen" size bed while S.O. took the second room. Made it easy to sleep and the large bed was great. Plenty of storage. Second room has curtain

Windows- two windows- one facing forward so you can watch the front as you sail, and the side window over the bed.

Location- right off deck nine aft elevators. Small ship so aft was no big deal. Also, right below bar that we used for Diamond Drinks every night. 

Air conditioning- Ice cold. Best ever on cruise, contrary to last Empress Cuba cruise with inside cabin (deck 4 inside) where air conditioning was brutal!

Cons:

Right below ping pong table so sometimes some noise

Air conditioner made strange noise every 3 seconds but got that fixed quickly as they recognized the noise and problem

Woke up a few nights with crew moving deck chairs around at 3 a.m.

Conclusion: Would book again, and have it booked, but will likely cancel August 2020 cruise for the obvious : (

Love the Empress!

We had 7664 which has a basically identical layout to 9664. There were 4 of us in the stateroom and it was PERFECT to spread out. It was almost like having 2 connecting rooms. If we ever sail on Empress again, I will definitely try to book one of these staterooms again. 

Edited by Tapi

10 hours ago, Tapi said:

We had 7664 which has a basically identical layout to 9664. There were 4 of us in the stateroom and it was PERFECT to spread out. It was almost like having 2 connecting rooms. If we ever sail on Empress again, I will definitely try to book one of these staterooms again. 

IMG_4186.MOV IMG_4185.MOV

Fingers X'd we will set sail in Cabin 7664 in October '21! It was the only one of those 2 window 3Ns available.

@Tapi How did the platform outside the forward window affect you?  And would you consider separating the queen bed so as to have better access to the side window? We will be driving to Montreal so have room to bring one of those folding chairs that fits in a bag. I was thinking an extra chair would be nice to have near that forward window, what do you think? It's just me & DH in the cabin.

Thanks!

On 5/12/2020 at 8:34 AM, TMLAalum said:

Fingers X'd we will set sail in Cabin 7664 in October '21! It was the only one of those 2 window 3Ns available.

@Tapi How did the platform outside the forward window affect you?  And would you consider separating the queen bed so as to have better access to the side window? We will be driving to Montreal so have room to bring one of those folding chairs that fits in a bag. I was thinking an extra chair would be nice to have near that forward window, what do you think? It's just me & DH in the cabin.

Thanks!

Hi,

The view from the forward, angled window was fine. I don’t recall any obstruction or any other thing that would’ve been bothersome. I actually had to think hard when you mentioned a platform. That’s how little it affected us. You can see the life boat father away, but you still have a pretty good unobstructed view from that window. Never had any noise issues either. 

About separating the beds to place a folding chair there, I don’t think you’d end up with a lot of space in the middle if you separate the beds. The cabin is pretty narrow in that part. If you watch the video, imagine moving the two end tables between the beds. That’s how much space you’d have. I’d be inclined to leave the folding chair home. 

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

Hi,

The view from the forward, angled window was fine. I don’t recall any obstruction or any other thing that would’ve been bothersome. I actually had to think hard when you mentioned a platform. That’s how little it affected us. You can see the life boat father away, but you still have a pretty good unobstructed view from that window. Never had any noise issues either. 

About separating the beds to place a folding chair there, I don’t think you’d end up with a lot of space in the middle if you separate the beds. The cabin is pretty narrow in that part. If you watch the video, imagine moving the two end tables between the beds. That’s how much space you’d have. I’d be inclined to leave the folding chair home. 

Thanks, Tapi! The folding chair would go by the side window so there'd be 2 chairs there. From your video, it looks like there'd be room. We'd consider separating the beds so as to not have to kneel on the queen bed to see out the side window. So hoping cruising including our Empress cruise is back to normal by 2021!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Thanks, Tapi! The folding chair would go by the side window so there'd be 2 chairs there. From your video, it looks like there'd be room. We'd consider separating the beds so as to not have to kneel on the queen bed to see out the side window. So hoping cruising including our Empress cruise is back to normal by 2021!

I’m remaining very positive that we will all indeed sail in 2021! Enjoy the Empress!

On 5/11/2020 at 9:16 PM, RoyalC said:

Booked it back to back 16 nights last fall. Watched every night when at 11:30 it opened up for the second leg of a back to back cruise so I got the cabin for the full 16 nights. Someone cancelled their Cuba cruise.

Pros: 

Cabin size- you have a second room so to speak. I had a "queen" size bed while S.O. took the second room. Made it easy to sleep and the large bed was great. Plenty of storage. Second room has curtain

Windows- two windows- one facing forward so you can watch the front as you sail, and the side window over the bed.

Location- right off deck nine aft elevators. Small ship so aft was no big deal. Also, right below bar that we used for Diamond Drinks every night. 

Air conditioning- Ice cold. Best ever on cruise, contrary to last Empress Cuba cruise with inside cabin (deck 4 inside) where air conditioning was brutal!

Cons:

Right below ping pong table so sometimes some noise

Air conditioner made strange noise every 3 seconds but got that fixed quickly as they recognized the noise and problem

Woke up a few nights with crew moving deck chairs around at 3 a.m.

Conclusion: Would book again, and have it booked, but will likely cancel August 2020 cruise for the obvious : (

Love the Empress!

Great post.

I had 8164 booked for a B2B2B that I should be on RIGHT NOW.  😞 

Thanks for all of the great replies!   i too am hoping that  we actually get to sail on the Empress..  After going online and trying to find an available jr suite, and finding none , i got lucky and and found 9664!