Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Peachypooh

We were booked on the May 11 Pearl out of Miami

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So today we were going to be setting sail out of Miami on the Pearl for a 12 day

cruise ending up in NYC. Never in my wildest imagination did I think that the reason

we might not be going is this situation. Most if not all of my family is in the Northeast

and I get daily updates from them plus watch Cuomo's daily broadcast. I wish good

health to everyone.

 

What we decided to do is just do one thing each day to represent what we would have

been doing if on the cruise. Today it was shrimp cocktail for lunch as that is what we

always have in Cagney's on embarkation day. Then to make ourselves feel somewhat

better we heaved a sigh of relief at 3:30 pm that we didn't have to attend muster drill LOL

Tomorrow as it would have been a sea day perhaps we will be stargazing early in the dawn hours.

Etc. Etc.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Peachypooh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

So today we were going to be setting sail out of Miami on the Pearl for a 12 day

cruise ending up in NYC. Never in my wildest imagination did I think that the reason

we might not be going is this situation. Most if not all of my family is in the Northeast

and I get daily updates from them plus watch Cuomo's daily broadcast. I wish good

health to everyone.

 

What we decided to do is just do one thing each day to represent what we would have

been doing if on the cruise. Today it was shrimp cocktail for lunch as that is what we

always have in Cagney's on embarkation day. Then to make ourselves feel somewhat

better we heaved a sigh of relief at 3:30 pm that we didn't have to attend muster drill LOL

Tomorrow as it would have been a sea day perhaps we will be stargazing early in the dawn hours.

Etc. Etc.

 

 

 

 

Yes we can always dream to get us through.

Just think how much money you are saving too 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get three or four shrimp?  Did the shrimp go back to jumbo size?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had plans for this same cruise but because I book last minute I never got a chance to pull the trigger. I did have Southwest booked but canceled mid-March. I also had a room booked at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Sq. 8 Ave to stay in NYC for a couple of days but that too was cancelled at the same time. Oh well, today would have been a relaxing sea day. 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, dexddd said:

Did you get three or four shrimp?  Did the shrimp go back to jumbo size?

Haha  The advantage to social distancing and making your own shrimp cocktail is that we had six

jumbo colossal shrimp each. But I didn't have any of that green thingy stuff they roll it in so it wasn't as

fancy.

Edited by Peachypooh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peachypooh!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is unreasonably depressed about this cancellation. Monday afternoon I was in a Zoom meeting and I was like, ok wrap this up, I have muster drill in 30 minutes. 

 

Last night I made fried rice for dinner. My husband was like, you're quieter than the Teppanyaki chefs. We googled the recipe for Shaku Shaku but didn't have sake. 

 

I've had to make my own bloody marys two days in a row. The horror. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Indykitten said:

Peachypooh!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is unreasonably depressed about this cancellation. Monday afternoon I was in a Zoom meeting and I was like, ok wrap this up, I have muster drill in 30 minutes. 

 

Last night I made fried rice for dinner. My husband was like, you're quieter than the Teppanyaki chefs. We googled the recipe for Shaku Shaku but didn't have sake. 

 

I've had to make my own bloody marys two days in a row. The horror. 

LOL Hi Indykitten! Yes this cruise was going to be a really special one. I did something similar. Today we had terriyaki pork spare ribs for cocktail hour (3:00 every day at my house LOL). I hope the Pearl does this itinerary at another time. Well maybe not ending in NY during fleet week. That was going to be a challenge. Hope to cruise with you again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

LOL Hi Indykitten! Yes this cruise was going to be a really special one. I did something similar. Today we had terriyaki pork spare ribs for cocktail hour (3:00 every day at my house LOL). I hope the Pearl does this itinerary at another time. Well maybe not ending in NY during fleet week. That was going to be a challenge. Hope to cruise with you again.

Yes, I was really looking forward to this cruise, our last one was a bit disappointing. I'm thinking of booking the Pearl for a January Southern Caribbean but it's only 10 days and it seems a little pricey. 

 

I love that cocktail hour is 3:00 in your house. I envy retired life! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my hell, lovin' this thread!  I have a cruise in July that is no doubt not happening. But I too, am going to try to engage in some of the same meals, beverages, etc. all that week that we would have been doing if on the cruise. I might not do laundry or make my bed for a week either. And then there is the part where we have to make our own cocktails.  Sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kdmbluerzr said:

Oh my hell, lovin' this thread!  I have a cruise in July that is no doubt not happening. But I too, am going to try to engage in some of the same meals, beverages, etc. all that week that we would have been doing if on the cruise. I might not do laundry or make my bed for a week either. And then there is the part where we have to make our own cocktails.  Sad. 

I agree. I had the time off work already, so STAYCATION, but I have to cook my own food, make my own bed, and yes, pour my own cocktails. Totally first world problems, and I have to say I am so concerned about the crews, who have it much worse than I do. But yes, I'm trying to recreate the cruise experience as much as possible. It would help if the weather would cooperate. It's been pretty crappy/cold here in the midwest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...