Debarkation in Moorea

minidonuts85

Hello, We just booked a Tahiti 11-night for August 2021. The end of our itinerary is Moorea, back to Papeete that night, docking overnight in Papeete and debarking the next day.

We'd like to go ahead and just debark in Moorea and stay for a few days there. I read here that is possible as long as the ship knows. Is this something we need to arrange in advance by somehow noting our reservation? Or can we arrange it with guest services once we embark?

Thank you!

I concur, let Windstar know now. Some lines charge for an early leaving of the ship (I know, crazy) and some lines don’t allow it so the sooner you know what the policy is the better.

Definitely talk to Windstar in case they have an issue with it (doubtful) but it's 100% allowed because you never leave French Polynesia waters, so there are no immigration issues.  This is very commonly done.  

Let us know what you find out as I may want to do the same next year.  I tried to do this for a cruise in Europe and was told no. It might vary by country. Of course everything I thought I knew about travel from the last 30+ years has gone out the window this year. It’s a brave new world for travel going forward, that’s for sure. 

On 5/23/2020 at 8:17 PM, TakingFlight said:

Let us know what you find out as I may want to do the same next year.  I tried to do this for a cruise in Europe and was told no. It might vary by country. Of course everything I thought I knew about travel from the last 30+ years has gone out the window this year. It’s a brave new world for travel going forward, that’s for sure. 

The difference is that most cruises in French Polynesia never leave that country, so there are no immigration issues.  

On 5/13/2020 at 9:52 AM, minidonuts85 said:

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll check into having our reservation noted or whatever they need to do to provide advance warning.

Mini!

Was able to get a Cat A for nothing from my TA-  #236 and while it's not listed on my cabin list the one next door looks good.

You just never know....

Nancy

44 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Mini!

Was able to get a Cat A for nothing from my TA-  #236 and while it's not listed on my cabin list the one next door looks good.

You just never know....

Nancy

Hey Nancy, Congrats!! That is fabulous news! I will be keeping an eye on my ressie....:)

Deb