Next round of cancellations

We have a TA booked on Vision in September, I thought I read somewhere that she was currently taking crew home so no clue as to whether there will even be a European season.   Already booked on it for next year so cannot lift and shift.   Hoping that as Allure is already over here she may do it and we can swap.   I just wish they would be more upfront while we still have more time to make any changes to air travel and hotels.

49 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Nothing yet, but I expect it very soon. They have been giving approximately 30 days notice when canceling previously.

Most of the money is on this Friday, 5/15/20.  Cynics are saying 5/22/20, right before the Memorial Day weekend.

3 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Disney just announced their next round of cancellations today. All of their sailings through July 27 are cancelled.

Do you know what their previous cancellations were?  Were they doing 30 days at a time?

43 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Do you know what their previous cancellations were?  Were they doing 30 days at a time?

The most recent cancellation  notice in April covered 31 days.  

RCI's 8-K financial filing today (highlighting is mine, though):

"The current No Sail Order is currently set to expire on or before July 24, 2020. The Company, working with the CDC, is developing its enhanced safety and health protocols as well as other operational procedures necessary to return its vessels to service and is targeting mid-summer of 2020 to begin sailings; however, if the ban on cruising is extended beyond the third quarter of 2020, it will have a material adverse impact on our current and forecasted liquidity levels. There are also other unknown variables related to the unprecedented suspension of our operations and, as such, there is significant uncertainty in our ability to predict future liquidity requirements.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

The last one was announced on Thursday

Michael Bayley is having now or just had a webinar with TA's and told them he does not know when they are starting back.  No mention of the next announcement

• Like 1

Every year a company  always charters a UK cruise for a few Floating Festivals.  They have a few cruises on Anthem in September this year....

Email been sent out today says :

It is becoming increasingly unlikely that our 2020 Festivals can go ahead safely. We are therefore considering our options in regard postponing our festivals to 2021.

As you can imagine there are a number of issues to take into account, such as ship and port availability. We are working hard with Royal Caribbean, our performers and partners to be able to communicate to you shortly.

We aim to be able to make a further, detailed announcement, by the end of May."

Edited by little britain

7 hours ago, welshrich said:

We have a TA booked on Vision in September, I thought I read somewhere that she was currently taking crew home so no clue as to whether there will even be a European season.   Already booked on it for next year so cannot lift and shift.   Hoping that as Allure is already over here she may do it and we can swap.   I just wish they would be more upfront while we still have more time to make any changes to air travel and hotels.

We're booked on Vision too.  Not even sure at this point if Barcelona or Bayonne ports will be open.  Final payment approx. June 4th so waiting for any news....

I didn't see anything to L&S this cruise to.

NJ 

10 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Who knows. We should set up a lottery for the date. 

Tomorrow by 4:00pm.  Will cover through almost the end of July. 
My prediction. 

Edited by atgood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

The health and travel alerts page has just been updated.  No announcement of further cancellations, yet.

I see on the Health and Travel Alerts page that Vision Jun 20 and Anthem Jun 20 were cancelled due to those ships being used to repatriate crew. Was that the newest update? What I also noticed was that the were only offering 125% FCC for those cancellations and didn't see anything mentioned about the ability to ask for a refund.