Next round of cancellations

11 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

What happens with travel insurance bought through Royal?  Is that refunded automatically when the rest of the cruise refund processes or do I have to do something different?

If Royal cancels the sailing And you request a refund or take the FCC it is refunded.  If you take the lift and shift then it follows through to the new booking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 5:52 PM, grandgeezer said:

We agree 100%. The 28 days we spent in the YC, on MSC Seaside are the best days of the 486 we’ve spent at sea. That includes 61 days on the Allure of the Seas (14 days in a Grand Suite) and 263 days on Celebrity ( 14 days in the Jr. Suite on Equinox).

YC or nothing, no since of spending money on something that doesn’t really make you happy.

Being at sea is what makes me happy, not the type of cabin that I rarely spend any time in. My Inside cabin on the Seaside was plenty fine for me and I have the money to do more nights at sea that way.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

What happens with travel insurance bought through Royal?  Is that refunded automatically when the rest of the cruise refund processes or do I have to do something different?

Yes, when they cancelled my April cruise travel insurance was refunded automatically.

8 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Yes, when they cancelled my April cruise travel insurance was refunded automatically.

Very interested as I have received refunds on 3 of my rcl cancelled cruises so far and did Not receive the RCL travel protection I purchased for any of them.    I was told by rep that was non-refundable.   

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

FINALLY......Received my cancellation notice for Brilliance June 12 sailing at 3:07 pm today, May 20, 2020 and submitted my request for REFUND at 3:55 pm today, May 20, 2020.  I was assured by Air2Sea that I will receive a full refund for refundable air too.  Today, I am again one "Happy Camper or Cruiser."

As soon as refund arrives plan to rebook for 2021 on Celebrity Reflection for basically the same cruise in 2021.  

Happy Sails to All.

If I were you - I would book the Celebrity Reflection now so you get the cabin you want. We're still waiting for the refund from our May 2 Brilliance TA cancelled on March 24.

Edited by NancyIL

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very interested as I have received refunds on 3 of my rcl cancelled cruises so far and did Not receive the RCL travel protection I purchased for any of them.    I was told by rep that was non-refundable.   

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

From the FAQ’s.  This has not changed from earlier cancellations.  If you cancelled then you must contact AON and get the policy moved to a different sailing. 

15. My client purchased travel protection through Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Will the cost of it be refunded?
If opting for the Future Cruise Credit or a refund, the full cost of the travel protection purchase will be refunded back to the original form of payment. Under Lift & Shift, Royal Caribbean Travel Protection purchases will follow to the future reservation.

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From the FAQ’s.  This has not changed from earlier cancellations.  If you cancelled then you must contact AON and get the policy moved to a different sailing. 

15. My client purchased travel protection through Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Will the cost of it be refunded?
If opting for the Future Cruise Credit or a refund, the full cost of the travel protection purchase will be refunded back to the original form of payment. Under Lift & Shift, Royal Caribbean Travel Protection purchases will follow to the future reservation.

I was told non refundable for 3 cruises cancelled by RCL.   I have received the refund on these 3 cruises and they did not include the money we paid for the insurance thru RCL travel program.     I guess I need to call them back and have this researched??

4 hours ago, ltblu4golf said:

After contacting my TA yesterday, in anticipation of RCI pushing back and trying to lift and switch for the identical sailing in July 2021, she waited 2 hrs and then call was dropped.  Today, the TA finally got into RCI and noted that category pricing had changed as well as cabin selection.  So now we will be penalized additional port tax fees which are going up.  Not only is RCI playing games with FCC of 125% but also waiting on telling their valued customers 😞

Sounds like your TA should have called back.  Royal is open 24/7 so they could have called back. I would be asking for perks from the TA to make up the difference. Also Royal has no control over taxes and port fees. They usually go up each year.

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was told non refundable for 3 cruises cancelled by RCL.   I have received the refund on these 3 cruises and they did not include the money we paid for the insurance thru RCL travel program.     I guess I need to call them back and have this researched??

Doesn’t surprise me that you were given incorrect information.  The FAQ’s are pretty clear that it is refunded. 

It would be a separate refund from the taxes and fees. It could also take longer if the money has to come from AON. 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Hopefully, by the time next Aussie cruise season arrives...the world will be different.  Though the Aussies seem to be a little more open to reopening than NZ.  

I am booked from 2/10 out of Sydney, staying on Serenade until Vancouver 5/16.  If that is cancelled also...that is one year of cruising from now gone.  Ouch.  

I've been thinking for a while now that it's highly likely we won't have a cruising season here in Aus for 2020/2021.

There is nothing available to book past March/April 2021 so 'Lift & Shift' hasn't been an option for us here.

As you mentioned, there is no appetite here (or NZ) at all to let the cruise ships in and it doesn't feel like that's going to change - understandably after the Ruby debacle in Sydney.

I saw a survey mentioned on the TV the other night (sorry didn't see the source but it was interesting)  

They were talking about peoples willingness to travel flying within Aus, which was ~ 55% and then they asked people about getting on a cruise ship and 87% said they wouldn't do that for the foreseeable future.

Now who knows if they have ever cruised before etc. etc. but .....

We are still booked on the TP on Ovation from Hon - Syd in September.  Pretty sure it won't happen. 3 port stops in the islands and then 3 in NZ which seem highly unlikely.  I doubt RC will cancel before final payment due in mid July so I will pull the pin before that if they don't.  Only have $300 down as NRD luckily.

I already cancelled the flights to Hon but that had more to do with Virgin being in trouble down here and I couldn't have stomached waiting six months to see whether we lose all our $$ - paid the cancellation fee and took what $$ I could get.

A credit voucher wasn't going to be any good to us anyway as no idea if we would consider doing this cruise again in the foreseeable future, husband definitely wasn't keen.

I did have a deposit on a 4n booked on Sea Princess in January and i've started the refund process on that.  It's only $297 but can't see it happening so thought I'd get the process started.  On the off chance it does go I could always rebook it closer to.

Only cruised RC (other than Star Cruises years ago) and wanted to see what Princess was like compared to Royal.

Liked the fact that it departed/arrived out of our home port (Perth) without having to fly for a change.

So.. it will be interesting to watch and see what they do with the ships.  I think Ovation is hanging around in Asia at the moment. If she doesn't head across to Alaska then what will they do with her particularly if NZ / Aus say "NO" to any ships this coming season which at this stage seems likely but we will have to wait and see .....

• Like 1

I spent over ninety minutes on the phone with Royal today.  I requested Lift and Shift for our cancelled July 6 Mariner sailing.  It was refused because the original cabin category is for three people, although it was available to our party of two when we booked it on May 5.  It is not booked for next year’s sailing, but not available to book at this time for two people.  They refused to move us into the same cabin, and that was a deal breaker for us.  I had carefully listened to Ken’s explanation of FCCs and knew that would not work for us, so I then requested a refund.  I asked if I would receive a confirmation of the refund request and was told the booking number would be the link to the status of the cancellation and of the refund.  Can someone tell me how to access this information without another phone call to Royal?  I don’t mind waiting for the refund, once I have verified that my refund request was recorded.

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I spent over ninety minutes on the phone with Royal today.  I requested Lift and Shift for our cancelled July 6 Mariner sailing.  It was refused because the original cabin category is for three people, although it was available to our party of two when we booked it on May 5.  It is not booked for next year’s sailing, but not available to book at this time for two people.  They refused to move us into the same cabin, and that was a deal breaker for us.  I had carefully listened to Ken’s explanation of FCCs and knew that would not work for us, so I then requested a refund.  I asked if I would receive a confirmation of the refund request and was told the booking number would be the link to the status of the cancellation and of the refund.  Can someone tell me how to access this information without another phone call to Royal?  I don’t mind waiting for the refund, once I have verified that my refund request was recorded.

Unfortunately there is no way to access that and get a confirmation.  That sucks about not being able to move.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I received an email stating that I requested a refund within 10 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately there is no way to access that and get a confirmation.  That sucks about not being able to move.

He sounded so sure of himself while he was fibbing about all of the information available to me 🙄.   He had no clue why he couldn’t see the available corner aft balconies, and I had to explain the 3-person occupancy to him.  He asked, “How do you know that?”  I just told him that all frequent cruisers are aware of it 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Doesn’t surprise me that you were given incorrect information.  The FAQ’s are pretty clear that it is refunded. 

It would be a separate refund from the taxes and fees. It could also take longer if the money has to come from AON. 

I understand being told wrong information but surprises me I was told by 3 different reps for each time one of my cruises was cancelled.    I will call in coming days as suspect phones to be busy with new round of cancellations.

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I understand being told wrong information but surprises me I was told by 3 different reps for each time one of my cruises was cancelled.    I will call in coming days as suspect phones to be busy with new round of cancellations.

Tell the, to look at the FAQ sheet issued to travel agents on Loyal to you always...item #15.  Exactly as I posted. 

I had one agent tell me that the lift and shift only applied to sailings departing before Aug 1.  And this was a week into the program. 

Florida already has antibody testing.  There are 1.5+ million positive cases of COVID.  Every antibody study so far has shown between 30-50 positive antibody results for each positive COVID test.  That means that there are between 45 and 75 million people in the US already immune to COVID. 

Once antibody testing is more wide spread and it is getting there where we are in Florida, ships can easily begin sailing.  I don’t see August being out of the question.  Whenever it is, we’ll be on the first ship out!  We are hoping for something in the med.  Imagine Florence and Venice without the crowds, sounds fantastic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, newcruiser1573 said:

I submitted mine too. Does my sister need to do it as well or will me requesting take care of everyone.

You must request each reservation number separately.  

9 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Just got back from Disney Springs.

quite busy, everyone has to wear a mask, temp check on entry.

No mask no dice.
Pizza at Wolfgang Puck much better than Sorrento's 😉 

Forgive me asking the obvious, but how does it work wearing a mask in a restaurant?  Or is this a take away facility? Not familiar with Disney Springs.

Just wondering does anyone know when you have booked with a TA do they organise your refund or do you request yourself? I got a confusing email from Royal.

Also regarding the 125% future cc - can you apply this to an existing booking - ie we have a booking for August 2021 - can the 125% be used on this?

2 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

Forgive me asking the obvious, but how does it work wearing a mask in a restaurant?  Or is this a take away facility? Not familiar with Disney Springs.

It was sit down (dine in)

Tables are spaced out per social distancing recommendations, this experience at least 10 feet apart NSEW.

All servers and staff were wearing masks

No condiments on tables

We observed tables and chairs being sanitized prior to a new customer being seated

Like at home, you remove your mask to actually eat and drink.

6 hours ago, mpaff said:

You must request each reservation number separately.  

Were on the same reservation.  We just paid separately.  My hope is that all $ goes where is came from.  It sounds like thats what they plan to do anyway.  Ive just never been in this situation.  Thank you for the response.