Terrace Cafe

Classiccruiser777

16 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

I first heard it in 2014, and thought it was Mura. Might also have been Lynn. So who wants to own up with it?

not me   didn't do it

What was it about again?  LOL

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

not me   didn't do it

What was it about again?  LOL

Isn't getting older wonderful?😀 It was about ordering the surf and turf at Waves with no turf, no bun, double surf.

7 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Isn't getting older wonderful?😀 It was about ordering the surf and turf at Waves with no turf, no bun, double surf.

I get it all  except the fries

OINK OINK 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Clo, clo, clo...what are we going to do with you? :classic_blink:

Oh, dagnabbit,I forgot to put that in quotes! I was quoting someone else(s).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

I first heard it in 2014, and thought it was Mura. Might also have been Lynn. So who wants to own up with it?

I can assure you that I was NOT the first!  I heard it from others and decided it was a great suggestion.  From my memory there are MANY who recommended this approach.,

Who was the first?  I have no idea!  But I CAN say that I was definitely not the first.  I got the idea from others who'd already posted ...

Mura

On 5/27/2020 at 3:20 PM, RJB said:

Well. Tuscan Steak pretty lousy for my money. Does not do justice to either one.

I have found that I don't always agree with RJB -- I'm sure he feels the same about me -- but I sure do about Tuscan Steak!  They eliminated too many of our favorite dishes in creating the restaurant.

From what I have read since Tuscan Steak came on the scene, a majority of diners agreed with us.  So did the servers.

Perhaps it doesn't help that we also are not fans of Red Ginger ... but we don't blame RG for Tuscan Steak or vice versa.

Mura

• Like 1

4 hours ago, basor said:

We love their Reuben but it is so big we have to split.....leaves more room for ice cream ☺️

I'm very irritated that mid post my comment disappears and then I have to search for it ... sometimes it magically reappears, but not tonight!

Anyway, I was saying that I love the Reuben and eat THE WHOLE THING.

When we took our Danish friends through the western national parks -- Yellowstone and etc. -- we introduced them to the Reuben.  Now they can't get enough of them ...

Mura

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ORV said:

I believe they were referring to who has said it on a regular basis in their posts here historically. I’m pretty sure it’s CPam. 

Thank you.  I truly indeed believe it is me that proclaims the delights of this afternoon lunch option loud and often (ad nauseum??) whenever an Oceania food inquiry is made.  You may recall I was extremely addicted to this forum for many years but I cured that after much valiant effort in the last few years.

We usually return to the ship on port days way too late to lunch anywhere else so many Waves Grill lobster bits have met their fate due to me.  🦞

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just have to say this - I love the food on Oceania.

I don’t mind the “constancy” of specialty restaurants’ menus as there are many items on each menu that I like and after all, how many times a year do I cruise on these ships. I always look forward to having my favorites in each restaurant. 

I probably have more repetition of food/restaurants at home.

I have cruised on Silversea, Seabourn, Regent, Crystal, Viking Ocean, Ponant and any number of other lines. I did find some outstanding and unique dishes on all of these but taken OVERALL none suit MY tastes better than Oceania.

I hope that when cruising resumes, this part of O will not change.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I don’t mind the “constancy” of specialty restaurants’ menus as there are many items on each menu that I like and after all, how many times a year do I cruise on these ships. I always look forward to having my favorites in each restaurant. 

I have cruised on Silversea, Seabourn, Regent, Crystal, Viking Ocean, Ponant and any number of other lines. I did find some outstanding and unique dishes on all of these but taken OVERALL none suit MY tastes better than Oceania.

I hope that when cruising resumes, this part of O will not change.

This brings up a point. Is there nothing in Tuscan Steak posters here like or will eat? Or is the issue Tuscan Steak represents a change and heaven forbid we have change!

FWIW, two of the restaurants on the new”A” ship were due to make substantial changes according to one of the OCAs, and that didn’t include Barrista that was changing also. Probably would horrify people! Change!!!! Something different!!!!!

7 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I agree

I can find  something to eat  in the Specialties  no worries

Sometimes I order the same  items everytime 

My menu at home is more limited  than even the specialties 😃

We only cruise once  a year usually so I do not get bored  with the offerings

I could see  those on longer cruise  would become bored with the same old  same old

10 hours ago, Mura said:

Anyway, I was saying that I love the Reuben and eat THE WHOLE THING.

I am with you, Mura.  On embarkation day my DH has the Surf & Turf sandwich, I always go with the Rueben.  If no one at our table wants to split it with me, I found that I can actually order a half sandwich.  After all, dinner will be in a few hours and we won't be missing that!  😊

-Katie

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mura said:

I have found that I don't always agree with RJB -- I'm sure he feels the same about me -- but I sure do about Tuscan Steak!  They eliminated too many of our favorite dishes in creating the restaurant.

From what I have read since Tuscan Steak came on the scene, a majority of diners agreed with us.  So did the servers.

Perhaps it doesn't help that we also are not fans of Red Ginger ... but we don't blame RG for Tuscan Steak or vice versa.

Mura

Agree or disagree is O.K. as long as we do it in a nice way.  That is what this forum is for, to exchange ideas.  Just being from Brooklyn puts you on the right track.

My favorite is the Qban, my wife get's the Reuben but takes part of the meat off and gives it to me for my sandwich. 

I definitely agree most of the sandwiches there are too large. On our last couple of cruises they were making them on smaller bread. 

Pinot asked if there is nothing on the Tuscan Steak menu that we who don't care for Tuscan Steak like.  I personally would not go that far, not at all.  It's just that many of my favorites from both Polo and Toscana seemed to have disappeared.  It's quite a while since we were on Sirena so I could well be misremembering but it seems to me that they kept more of the Toscana items than the Polo items, and there are more dishes from Polo that ring my bell than from Toscana.  But I'd never starve if Toscana was the only restaurant choice.

Mura;

Having visited Tuscany several times, we have always enjoyed Tuscan food. Their beef and wild boar dishes have always been delicious, especially when paired with their local wines such as Brunello, VNdM, Chianti Classico, or a host of Super Tuscan blends. I was supposed to lead a Group if 20 to Tuscany next Fall for winery visits and sight seeing. 

I am currently booked on my first Sirena cruise in late November. I was actually looking forward to a new menu of Tuscan based dishes. I will admit that I haven’t yet a clue on how authentic Oceania chose to be with those dishes, but having a Marina cruise booked for January, same ole same ole Specialties were just around the corner. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I am currently booked on my first Sirena cruise in late November. I was actually looking forward to a new menu of Tuscan based dishes. I will admit that I haven’t yet a clue on how authentic Oceania chose to be with those dishes,

Well, prepare to be disappointed as there is nothing new there. There is nothing "Tuscan" in Tuscan steak. The menu is entirely a combination of dishes from Polo & Toscana that were presumably chosen because of their popularity as the computer showed what people chose most often in those 2 restaurants (this is a guess on my part).

That said there are NO NEW dishes for you to enjoy there - the name comes from a combination of Toscana & Polo (steak house).

I guess you'll actually have to go to Tuscany to taste Tuscan dishes.😀

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I am currently booked on my first Sirena cruise in late November. I was actually looking forward to a new menu of Tuscan based dishes.

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

There is nothing "Tuscan" in Tuscan steak.

Paulchili is absolutely right. Here's the menu...https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/61698/Tuscan-Steak-Dinner.PDF

I am currently booked on my first Sirena cruise in late November. I was actually looking forward to a new menu of Tuscan based dishes. I will admit that I haven’t yet a clue on how authentic Oceania chose to be with those dishes, but having a Marina cruise booked for January, same ole same ole Specialties were just around the corner. 

With all your complaints  on Oceania  I am surprised  you would even expect them to have  true Tuscan dishes

check the menu online

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/sirena/cuisine/

You should  either cancel or be prepared for the disappointment

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Well, prepare to be disappointed as there is nothing new there. There is nothing "Tuscan" in Tuscan steak. The menu is entirely a combination of dishes from Polo & Toscana that were presumably chosen because of their popularity as the computer showed what people chose most often in those 2 restaurants (this is a guess on my part).

That said there are NO NEW dishes for you to enjoy there - the name comes from a combination of Toscana & Polo (steak house).

I guess you'll actually have to go to Tuscany to taste Tuscan dishes.😀

Thanks Paul and all! Truly disappointing! Originality and authenticity has never been their brand I suppose. 

Thanks Paul and all! Truly disappointing! Originality and authenticity has never been their brand I suppose. 

Er eat lunch on shore if you want almost any  cuisine.