Azamara - No cruises available to book before Jul 26

suzyluvs2cruise

I agree your maths, but I’m a pragmatist.  They haven’t yet got all their crew home from the stand down time, so how on earth can they get crewed up to restart.  The ships are in the wrong places they’ve got to be moved and there could be mechanical and sea trial type issues we don’t understand. There may also be internal alterations needed to meet new requirements.   It’s not going to be like backing the car out of the garage after a long holiday and heading off full steam for a long drive. So it would be far better to look to a realistic date, my hunch they will come back from around mid-late August, one vessel every two- three weeks based on how things might be slowly opening up. 

• Like 2

News today:

After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) we will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on-or-before July 31st, 2020.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

News today:

After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) we will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on-or-before July 31st, 2020.

It seems to me that it will be extended on a monthly basis from now on.. This doesn't help me as I am due to pay a £3000 balance in June for an October cruise which will probably be cancelled or substantially altered

8 minutes ago, Norn Iron Man said:

It seems to me that it will be extended on a monthly basis from now on.. This doesn't help me as I am due to pay a £3000 balance in June for an October cruise which will probably be cancelled or substantially altered

Yes, same here. I’ll ask for a payment extension to start with, but will probably pay up eventually, provided I can apply an FCC to my 2021 booked cruise, given the extension of ‘Cruise with Confidence’.

With Pursuit going into layup per Capt Carl...wondering when she...and Journey and Quest will sail again. 

I received these photos of the last day of our crew repatriation efforts at #Cococay. We transferred a total of 270 crew over the past weeks to other company vessels, which are heading all over the world taking our crew to countries where airports are operating, our direct to their home ports. This operation has been warlike in its scale and complexity. I am very proud of our company. In these photos you can see us parking next to the Harmony of the Seas, where we transferred 137 Filipino crew. Pursuit is currently heading for Glasgow in Scotland for lay up, with 53 souls onboard. Sad times, but we’ll be back. #Azamara4ever!

P.S. it’s not the size that matters, but where you park it.....

Pursuit at Coco Cay.jpg

• Like 3

It was in Australian newspapers, etc yesterday, here is one link.

Whilst it looks like our borders will generally stay shut there is talk of an Australian/New Zealand travel bubble later in the year, possibly including pacific island like Fiji

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australia-extends-cruise-ship-ban-to-mid-september

19 hours ago, Norn Iron Man said:

Azamara Journey from Venice in October is looking more unlikely 

I was booked on the Journey out of Venice in September but have reached the conclusion that it won't happen so have used Lift and Shift this weekend to move to a cruise in October next year.  Very straight forward to do.

Edited by berkshireboy
More detail
  • Like 2

My OP was not about wanting to book a July cruise but wondering why there were none to book. Partner lines RCI and Celebrity are still showing cruises available to book so curious why Azamara isn't and what that might mean. 

Azamara has not refunded its clients yet for cancelled cruises. Wondering if they will still be in business!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello all!

Just wanted to let you know that we received a full refund from Azamara for our June 18th cruise today.  I had contacted them the day they cancelled this last group of cruises.  So it took about 2 weeks. 

Don't fret.. I'm sure they will get to everyone soon.

19 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

Hello all!

Just wanted to let you know that we received a full refund from Azamara for our June 18th cruise today.  I had contacted them the day they cancelled this last group of cruises.  So it took about 2 weeks. 

Unbelievable given those still waiting for credits from the May cancellations, sorry I am fretting as I’m sure others are, but glad you were looked after. 

1 hour ago, Sleep7 said:

Hello all!

Likewise glad to know you and others affected by the latest round of cancellations are being promptly and well looked after.

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Unbelievable given those still waiting for credits from the May cancellations, sorry I am fretting as I’m sure others are, but glad you were looked after. 

It is a great pity that Azamara has been unable to clear the backlog going back not only to May, but there are also some still waiting for April and March refunds.

We are no longer stressing although we are still waiting for a portion of one of our cancelled March cruises, but there are others who still have nothing for those and are rightly more than a little displeased.

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

Likewise glad to know you and others affected by the latest round of cancellations are being promptly and well looked after.

It is a great pity that Azamara has been unable to clear the backlog going back not only to May, but there are also some still waiting for April and March refunds.

We are no longer stressing although we are still waiting for a portion of one of our cancelled March cruises, but there are others who still have nothing for those and are rightly more than a little displeased.

Sadly, it's not just Azamara who have had problems with the early refunds. Happy to hear refunds for newly cancelled cruises are being processed but sad that the backlog of refunds due hasn't been cleared. 

• Like 1