Vision OTS Transatlantic 7th Sept 2020

Guest BigRoger

Guest BigRoger

Hi folks, I have seen a few people mentioning this particular cruise in posts who are in the same predicament as us.

Final payment is looming soon (not sure exactly when but soon).... 

So I know that its totally uncertain and cancellation etc. is a personal choice but I'd welcome the collective experience and wisdom of posters as to their view regarding whether this is likely going to sail or not.... the reality is Vision OTS would have to come over to Europe for only a few months, most likely struggle for ports to visit and then is scheduled to go back to US first week in September (to Bayonne which may still be closed by that stage).

Whats the collective view of probability of this happening folks?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.  Roger

ps we were really looking forward to this one at that time of year.....

We're booked on this sailing, and final payment is around 7-8 June.  I'm holding out until final payment to cancel as I don't think this cruise will be a "go."  I'll just take the FCC and apply it toward a future cruise.  I'm hoping they will cancel before final payment and giving more FCC than our deposit.  

I'm definitely not making final payment as it will take too long to get it back when they do cancel.  🍷 

Cruise is not happening. Just take one minute and think it out logically. A TA would be the WORSE type of cruise to start off with when the cruiselines have to determine whether their mitigation plans are effective.

We went ahead and made the final payment with a couple FCC's already in hand. NO, I don't think this sailing will go.

I figure RCI has enough of my money for future sailings, and still waiting patiently for more FCC's and refunds for Air2Sea etc.

No more money out of pocket.

Guest BigRoger

Thanks to all who ventured perspectives.... I suspect we’ll take the approach of making the final payment with FCCs but suspect there’s as much chance of this sailing going as the Bengals winning the Super Bowl........

23 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

With Italy allowing to and from travel starting June 3 ya never know. WIll Spain follow suit anytime soon? Too soon to tell.....

The travel Italy will open up is between the regions of the country, not international travel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52687448?fbclid=IwAR1dmhhtq9ecMJFG5rM1N9UGhkOFDFr-fF8akk_fBxYtpzMkepxoIbgfEvM

7 minutes ago, lr657 said:

The travel Italy will open up is between the regions of the country, not international travel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52687448?fbclid=IwAR1dmhhtq9ecMJFG5rM1N9UGhkOFDFr-fF8akk_fBxYtpzMkepxoIbgfEvM

From the link you provided. 

"Italy's government has signed a decree that will allow travel to and from the country from 3 June, as it moves to ease its coronavirus lockdown measures.

It will also allow travel between the regions - which has so far been tightly restricted - from the same day."

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

From the link you provided. 

"Italy's government has signed a decree that will allow travel to and from the country from 3 June, as it moves to ease its coronavirus lockdown measures.

It will also allow travel between the regions - which has so far been tightly restricted - from the same day."

Good clarification. 

• Like 1