4-14-20 Thursday Weigh-In.. Home Sweet Home..Another Month Or Two?

Belle

We're lucky we have a home but..wow

But being in everyday we want out now

Nice we have a kitchen to cook in

So no excuses for eating right should be a win

Did you notice we we can't have something we want it more

But by being home we can't buy the "no no" food if don't go to the store

So being home we should be eating right

But sometimes we want that food with all our might

In this time in the world all we can do is our best to be healthy and thinner

At the same time have to watch our mental health too and be a winner

Losing weight is our goal but please be happy if you stay the same on Thursday

This time in our lives we need peace and calm and just trying your best at this time is the way

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping us going, Belle.  (I reported the post requesting a fix to the month, hope that was ok).

I'm down about a pound - I didn't record last weeks but 2 weeks ago was 203, last week I knew was 202.something and today was 201.2 🙂 Almost to my first milestone goal!

I've been enjoying my new nutrition plan, but it is definitely a change to do low/no carb supper and meal planning is a little more challenging.  Challenges aren't all bad though - keeps the brain working.

I have double whammy of sinus headache and monthly migraine, so not particularly looking forward to lifting today - it at least should be easier than cardio.

Have a great week all!

• Like 1

Congrats everyone on the losses! 

Pacruise - I hope you feel better soon.

Blah. I was up over the weekend as I expected because of DH's birthday, the kids' ice cream celebration, and Mother's Day. I was able to lose that gain though and was even down 1.1 # from last Thursday when weighed yesterday morning. I was thrilled and ready to report great numbers this morning. Since I was motivated, I did everything right yesterday. I'm not sure what I did wrong yesterday, but I regained it all plus some overnight. I'm up .4 for the week. How did I gain a pound and a half overnight with no cheats, working out, and drinking water? Ugh. Maybe in this bizarro world I lose weight by eating pizza and cheeseburgers? 🍕🍔😆

Hi everyone! Thanks for the Poem Belle, very insightful as always. 🙂

Congrats PA, Jan and Diana on your losses! 

Sorry about the gain Melmar. Sounds like maybe water weight? I bet you'll be down again tomorrow.

I've been MIA the past couple weeks - was supposed to be on my vacation. 😞 I have been keeping busy making masks still. It seems word gets around quickly when you make masks and now that BC is starting to slowly re-open some things and masks are going to be mandatory, I've been getting lots of bulk orders for various businesses. Keeps my hands busy, and me on my toes. So... I haven't gained - I have lots 2 pounds since my last weigh in. So not bad. 

Have a great weekend everyone!! Stay safe. 

• Like 3

Congratulations Robin!

Robin and Diana - I thought water / salt too, but I made sure to be careful yesterday because of today's weigh in. The only other thing I can think of is hormone fluctuations. 🤷‍♀️

I've found for myself it can sometimes take a day or two for weight gain to catch up from a higher net calorie intake day. 

There was an article posted on one of these threads several months ago about someone who did an experiment weighing themselves every hour and she had something like a 7# swing throughout the day.

While the scale is a relatively easy measurement, it does have its limitations.  BMI is another one I don't like because it doesn't take into account fitness level and muscle density vs. fat.  There is certainly something ingrained in us about weight and I do try to check the number each week, but NSV's (non-scale victories) are just as important: are clothes looser? do you have more strength/energy? better mood?  The reverse are also probably good warning signs to adjust nutrition and fitness even if the number on the scale looks ok.

You are so right about numbers being ingrained in us. There was a photo I saw on Facebook of seven pairs of the same size jeans, each from a different brand.  There was a huge difference in the waist size of the different brands - a good 3 or 4 inches between the smallest and biggest. It's tempting to only shop the stores that have more generous sizes just to tell myself I fit in the next size down. I haven't measured since August, and since then I have started working out with weights instead of just walking. I need to measure to see how that has changed my body. As a side note, I was down a lot this morning - over 2 pounds from yesterday's glitch and 1.9 pounds from last Thursday. So, yay...but that can all change tomorrow!😆

Belle - since everyone has been talking about cauliflower, it caught my eye in the store yesterday. I found some store brand frozen roasted parmesan cauliflower at Kroger and thought if I don't like it DH will eat it. It was actually pretty good. Maybe I can handle the fried rice cauliflower. I've been in the mood for Chinese lately, so I'm hoping it's a good substitute. 

• Like 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks as always for those words of wisdom. When will things get back to "normal" &  we be able to cruise again, I wonder?

I see some nice losses, guess I may have picked up one of the 1.2 lb ones, lol.

I'm keeping pretty busy with things on Zoom & other places. Right now I'm on hold for 146 minutes with Delta to see how much my ecredit is for the cancelled New York flights from Wednesday.

The phone's on speaker so I can do other  things while waiting. Yesterday I held for 2 /12 hours but I want to get this settled.

I also booked a land trip to Poland for next year so I have something else to look forward to.

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Hello everyone!  I'm back.  I suck at keeping myself accountable so really need to look forward to Thursdays.  I was in a weight loss challenge for the last 10 weeks, so I'm down (money is a great motivator), but still have a lot to go!  Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

SW: 181 (03/10/20)
CW:168

First GW: 150

• Like 2

Jo - I hope you were able to get your ecredits worked out with the airline. What a mess all the travel companies are dealing with!

Liz - congrats on the loss!

It's been a couple of rainy days here, so not a lot of out door time. We're having a cheat night and ordered Chili's. I'm having their Margarita Grilled Chicken with broccoli and black beans. We ordered a salad to split too. As far as take out goes it's not too unhealthy, and it will hopefully satisfy our desire for something different and yummy. 

• Like 1

Hello All...Thought I posted but don't see it here.

Looks like everyone had a pretty good week.  Can you say..yo-yo?  That's me..gained the 1 lb I lost last week.

Glad your back Robin with a loss for the two weeks.

Mai Tai  welcome back after a long time and with a good weight loss

Thank you Jan, Diana, Pac, Jo and Mel for coming in each week and still liking my poems. I try.:classic_smile:

Know Rose will be coming in soon.  All of you keep the place going.

What happen yo Jenny and IRMO (something like that) and all the others who haven't been coming in. 

My wish....if you use to come in and don't anymore just come in and say your fine.  You don't have to stay

but nice if you did.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Diana I just looked this is the right post I just put a 4 instead of 5 for May..should be 5-14-20.

The other post is for 5-7-20 last week. I have to check my posts before I post and do it earlier 

in the night. (do it Wed. night for Thursday)

Hope everyone had/having a good day/night.:classic_smile:

Oh, ok Belle. I see. Hence my confusion.

We had a lot of rain today. Which is good, we needed it. Tomorrow we have a flash flood watch. We'll be fine where we are though. Supposed to be thunderstorms, lots of rain and hail. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 

Hubby and I are "thinking" about cruises for next year. We saw a nice one on Holland America (have some credit with them). A 45 day round trip San Diego to Hawaii, Tahiti and the Marquesas Oct./2021.

We did Australia, Tahiti, South Pacific 3 years ago but I would love to go back to some of those places. Still in the thinking stages at this point.

Guess we won't be doing much tomorrow either.......

Diana

We had beautiful weather over the weekend, especially Saturday.  Made a road trip to visit DH's parents and take them some supplies.  Took a walk to the cemetery so DD could get a better understanding of some of the genealogy.  

It was a heavy carb weekend though: subs at the in-laws, splurged on pizza when we got back, and BLT's for supper last night.  I tried using lettuce as the bun, but either way I tried to slice the iceberg it wasn't holding together enough - used soft taco shell instead and cut the carbs a little.  Need to get back on track this week.

Our cruise would have left 2 days ago, and I thought I was ok with the cancelation but we watched a submarine movie and seeing the water made me realize how much I was missing it 😞 I did finally get refunds for the shore excursions (still waiting for gratuities and taxes/port fees), so that's something positive 🙂 

Pacruise - I know what you mean. Our cruise is supposed to leave a week from today, and the house feels empty without suitcases blocking my path in the living room. Glad your refund has been processed. I haven't received any refunds yet though. I'm glad you got a chance to visit with your family. 

Diana - hope you didn't get any damage from the storms.

Belle - isn't it funny that our typing fingers get a mind of their own when we don't get enough sleep!

I have the busiest work week I've had in weeks. I have to finish two dummy cakes for styled shoots, an order for a dozen graduation cupcakes, and a little anniversary cake for a one of my couples that got married a couple years ago. It's not a lot, but at least I can make sure my mixer still works. 😆

• Like 1

I can sympathize with those not cruising. We were supposed to board a Celebrity cruise tomorrow in NJ for an East Coast/Canada cruise. 

Mel, glad business in increasing. 

So far today has not been much of a storm. We had one brief downpour, no thunderstorms. The rain last night though kept me awake a long time. Hopefully tonight is better.

We picked lots of greens, etc. for vegetable noodle soup tonight. 

Have a good evening, Diana

• Like 1

Morning All....

I was suppose to be on my 17th day of a 20 day cruise to Alaska. They have been having

good weather too, warm with maybe a little rain here and there.  We're all in the same "ship"!

Sorry your all missing your cruises. It's sad.

Diana I've cruise to South Pacific twice loved it. I was lucky to sail round trip from Los Angles.

Didn't have to fly to Tahiti or Australia. Long flights.. but sorry haven't been to Australia and don't

think I'll be going now but who knows. They don't do round trips from LA anymore but things can change.

A lot of things are going to change on cruises plus in our towns when this is over.

I'm glad your garden is doing so well and your enjoying the veggies.

Pac glad you had a good weekend. Nice you got  and about and took supplies to DH parents.

My daughter is  getting me some things from the market  today. I'm getting spoiled, I won't want to

food shop anymore. It's nice to spurge on food we like at this time. You know you'll get on track.

Mel glad your getting some work. Sure you'll get more when things get better. Bet next year you'll get

so many wedding cakes. From all the postpone weddings. Yes with staying up late and not sleeping

what I type isn't what I wanted to type.:classic_laugh:

Jan, Robin, Mai Tai, Rose, Jo ..hope you all had a good weekend and having a good week.

• Like 1

Canada, Alaska, South Pacific - they're all on our "want to" list. We've been planning on Alaska with a land tour for DH's 50th birthday. I'm hoping cruising is back open by then...in 2022! 🤣

It's in the 90's here today. After being lazy all weekend I took the kids on a walk this morning, and my son played in the sprinkler this afternoon. It doesn't feel like summer when nothing's open, and we all want to distance. Our community pool is supposed to open this weekend, but we won't be making an appearance. Maybe I'll drive by early Tuesday morning when they first open, and if no one else is there, I'll run home to get the kids and I can get a few laps in too. 

• Like 1

Hello Mel  I hope cruising is open by 2021. If not all cruises lines are in trouble. Their already

laying off people.

I know the summer will be hard on the kids, us to if nothing is open and then if open do we

go to the places. Safety a big question.

Hope everyone is doing good this week. Still staying home and being safe.

Morning All.. will be when you read this.

How are you?  Don't know why but kept thinking it was the weekend.  Not working so

doesn't matter what day it is really... except for TV programs,:classic_smile:  Which is just going

to be reruns and oldies because no one can work/act now.  No new movies on the TV or

in theaters  Boring even with on demand. ( New ones they have on now saw on the cruises on their on demand)

Wish I could make myself clean the house from top to bottom.  I keep talking to myself to do it, have time

but I'm not listening to myself!:classic_laugh:  Take care

• Haha 1