Oceania in Europe 2020?

Pet

Oceania are still advertising European Cruises in 2020 ending late November when Marina returns to the USA. But what is the likelihood that Marina and her sister ship will undertake cruises out of European ports this year? It seems unlikely that they will TA for a short Autumn season of a few months especially if uncertainty remains as to which ports will accept ships and the constraints that will be applied by individual countries.

1 hour ago, Pet said:

Oceania are still advertising European Cruises in 2020 ending late November when Marina returns to the USA. But what is the likelihood that Marina and her sister ship will undertake cruises out of European ports this year? It seems unlikely that they will TA for a short Autumn season of a few months especially if uncertainty remains as to which ports will accept ships and the constraints that will be applied by individual countries.

Marina is not returning from anywhere. She has been in the Port of Miami for the last few months or just outside a few days. Riviera is also hanging around  Miami.  Has been since the shut down.    Can't see Oceania in Europe this summer. 

They need to stop selling cruises that won’t go and be honest and cancel European cruises.  Very few people will want to cruise this year if they want us to come back they need to start treating us well .  We have to decide on Monday whether to lose our deposit or pay up thousands for a cruise which just won’t happen 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rosie C, I agree.  I have a sailing in Sept.  Either I cancel and lose my deposit or make final payment next week and receive a FCC.  I should have cancelled a month ago before I would lose my deposit but I thought I would be optimistic and give O the benefit of the doubt.  That was a huge mistake!

Very frustrating!!!  It does border on fraud.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

Rosie C, I agree.  I have a sailing in Sept.  Either I cancel and lose my deposit or make final payment next week and receive a FCC.  I should have cancelled a month ago before I would lose my deposit but I thought I would be optimistic and give O the benefit of the doubt.  That was a huge mistake!

You will not lose your deposit  only the admin fee  which will be an FCC

This is continuing fraud!  Totally unacceptable and short sighted on O's part.  At this point we all know what waitlisted means.  Why O doesn't just say it  like is now is beyond me.  Maybe they don't care if anyone cruises with them in the future?  Not a good business plan. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

This is continuing fraud!  Totally unacceptable and short sighted on O's part.  At this point we all know what waitlisted means.  Why O doesn't just say it  like is now is beyond me.  Maybe they don't care if anyone cruises with them in the future?  Not a good business plan. 

This is just a guess on my part. 

If they cancelled all cruises till say Nov at once, they would be overwhelmed with refund/FCC processing requests.

By cancelling them one month at a time it saves them cash (temporarily) and makes their process more manageable?

• Like 1

Just now, Paulchili said:

This is just a guess on my part. 

If they cancelled all cruises till say Nov at once, they would be overwhelmed with refund/FCC processing requests.

By cancelling them one month at a time it saves them cash (temporarily) and makes their process more manageable?

I totally realize that.  Except I'm not concerned with how O does business.  I don't own them or work for them.  I'm concerned about my business and family.  O can decide to collect final payments and then cancel cruises.  That's up to them. I don't have to agree and vote with my wallet to not sail with them again.

I understand that it's not O's fault that there is corona virus.  I just don't agree with how they are handling it at this point.  They have obviously decided not to hire more people to handle refunds and not to hire tech people to make refunds more automated and to hold off giving refunds as long as they can while still collecting final payments on cruises they know will be cancelled.

Seems extremely unethical and possibly  fraud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LHT28 you just made my day.  I didn’t book this one on board so I thought I would lose the $1500 deposit.  I plan a quick getaway in Jan. on Riveria so I’m happy to move my deposit there.

My Sept sailing is going to Israel for three days which was the main draw for that particular sailing.  They have had a fairly good outcome with COVID and I doubt they will let’s US citizens visit before then.  

thx!!!

I agree and in fact believe it’s possibly illegal.  Other lines have started to put language on their websites to provide CYA when a cruise is cancelled.  Here is language CCL lines are now using right on their home page:

We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of COVID-19 and how they may impact our future offerings. Our actual offerings may vary from what is displayed or described here. Stay updated on current Travel Advisories and health and safety protocols.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

Except I'm not concerned with how O does business. 

I would think if they cancelled all cruises up to say Nov   &  the volume  refunds would  probably put them out of business  so you would not need to worry  about sailing with them again

JMO