Voyagers Club Section - New Web Site

cellfree

MSC US put the Voyages Selection 5+5% into the home page rotating banner and that link now works.  The old way through the Voyagers Club page still takes you to the UK site error page.  It states All Departures* with no link to the asterisk but appears most all sailings are listed there.  They are now stating all members except Welcome get $100 per person OBC for balcony and above, still $50 per person OBC for ocean view and inside cabins.  Voyages Selection still also gets double Voyagers Club points.  The terms and conditions at the bottom of the page still state the old rules. 

I've not seen them list a date before, it currently states Valid on all cruises until August 20, 2020 but since cruises to 2023 are listed I assume that means this offer is good until then.  So hopefully past policy is upheld and if you have already booked with the normal Voyagers Club 5% discount most people can still call in to apply this additional 5% discount to their existing booking (not combinable with military/civil service), plus get the OBC.

Hopefully the 5+10% and 5+15% are not a thing of the past.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-55

Edited by Até

It never let's me add my Voyager's number it always says no card available. Even if I am logged in to the site before I start looking.  Underneath it says this cruise is for Voyager Club Members only - click here to pick another cruise.  I'm a gold member so it's not that I am new to MSC.  Frustrating, but then I'm not really ready to book as I'm still awaiting my FCC from March.

Lovetoholiday, have exactly the same problem, get the same message, but I too am waiting for $ to show up on my credit card (did get FCC but not taxes/fees yet) before I book another cruise. But I have got to say all the frustration the web site is causing isn’t making the search/research very much fun.

I have the same issues as the 2 above posters.

I did call MSC, and the rep confirmed that the Sept 2021 cruise I'm interested in is available as 5%-5% Voyagers Club and gave me the price.  The deposit was $294 and she said there wasn't any OBC.  I'm not ready to book at this point, so I didn't get into "the website says...."

It's a 9 day cruise.  The one I canceled was a 10 day cruise.  Roughly, I'd day it's something like 25% more.  When you factor in "the days" it may be 30% more.  However, I did have the 5%-15% on the original one and I booked it thru a TA who gave me a discount, so I'm not sure of the exact price.  Bottom line...paying more for less days.

My "disputed refund" becomes permanent on 6/29.   I want to wait until that, and then I'll do the booking, if I'm still interested.

MSC USA has been unsuccessfully trying to make the Voyages Selection able to be booked online for as long as I can remember.  It is much better to do it through the call center because you can be more sure you are selecting the correct promotional rate, i.e. All In, Escape to Sea, We Love to Cruise, etc....  Then the agent can add the Voyages Selection discount.  It's easy enough to calculate the price yourself to be sure the agent is doing it correctly.  Just take the base cabin fare times two (for two people) then multiply by 0.95 (Voyagers Club 5% discount) then multiply that number by 0.95 (Voyages Selection 5% discount then add the per person taxes.  Be careful now because the new booking system pages show cabin prices including the taxes/fees, you can now only see what the per person taxes/fees are in the search results pages where it shows the "From $349" base rate for Bella interior only and has the taxes/fees shown separately under that.  Calculate the VC and VS discounts using the pre-tax/fee cabin rate by first subtracting the taxes/fees then adding the taxes/fees back after the discounts and you will be within a few cents of their price.

Lately the OBC has not been showing up immediately and the website even now states:  **The onboard credit will be uploaded automatically to your reservation 24hrs after confirmation.

7 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I have the same issues as the 2 above posters.

I did call MSC, and the rep confirmed that the Sept 2021 cruise I'm interested in is available as 5%-5% Voyagers Club and gave me the price.  The deposit was $294 and she said there wasn't any OBC.  I'm not ready to book at this point, so I didn't get into "the website says...."

Well this is confusing. Under Terms and Conditions listed on its web page, it definitely says Silver and up members receive an additional $50 OBC pp on top of the discount. So typical of MSC.

• Like 1