If the Carnival stockholder OBC goes away...

On 5/16/2020 at 11:41 AM, fyree39 said:

...will you sell your shares? It will not surprise me if Carnival puts a hold on dividends after all this is over. If they also drop the OBC, I'll probably still hold on to my stock. I bought it after the Concordia disaster so it doesn't have to come up too much before I break even. 

I love the OBC benefit and we've utilized it on probably 30 cruises across 3 lines. I think I'm going to remain loyal to the corporation and hope they can come back healthy. How about you?

Heck, I bought my 100 shares when the price was around $60. At the time it looked like a good way to get a nice OBC on our preferred 10 day cruises. Now with the shares at around $12 (OMG🤪 ) I don't think I'll sell. They are just sitting in my IRA, and probably will still be there when I am not. 😉

On 5/17/2020 at 12:59 PM, sunonfire said:

I am a new stockholder. I submitted my proof of ownership of the stock for the first time. I received an email response within one week stating that the $100 onboard credit was applied to my November cruise. 

where/how did you submit proof? Can it be done through email? If so, do you have the email address?

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

@mrak

This is part of the email I received  from Carnival when I submitted my statement indicating 100 shares.

In future please do not email your stock statement, this is not an acceptable way for us to receive this highly sensitive information. We have made an exception and applied it yet in future that might not be the case we only accept this by fax or regular mail information is provided below for you.

By fax to: 305-406-6102, or mail to the following address: 

Carnival Cruise Lines 
Attn: Guest Administration MSM2-200
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue 
Miami, FL 33178
Edited by ninjacat123
On 5/16/2020 at 9:41 AM, fyree39 said:

...will you sell your shares? It will not surprise me if Carnival puts a hold on dividends after all this is over. If they also drop the OBC, I'll probably still hold on to my stock. I bought it after the Concordia disaster so it doesn't have to come up too much before I break even. 

I love the OBC benefit and we've utilized it on probably 30 cruises across 3 lines. I think I'm going to remain loyal to the corporation and hope they can come back healthy. How about you?

OBC is going aways for sure

per Arnold Donald

While maintaining our focus on compliance, environmental protection, and health and safety, that has included tightening down to only necessary expenses, repatriating crews, terminating contractors, deferring most capital expenses, slowing down shipbuilding, eliminating stock dividends, eliminating senior executive cash salary payments, and mortgaging the majority of our fleet in order to raise cash and boost liquidity.”

2 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

per Arnold Donald

While maintaining our focus on compliance, environmental protection, and health and safety, that has included tightening down to only necessary expenses, repatriating crews, terminating contractors, deferring most capital expenses, slowing down shipbuilding, eliminating stock dividends, eliminating senior executive cash salary payments, and mortgaging the majority of our fleet in order to raise cash and boost liquidity.”

IT is not a stock dividend. The dividends are a cash outlay, OBC is not an outlay.

1 minute ago, Denverdonkeys said:

IT is not a stock dividend. The dividends are a cash outlay, OBC is not an outlay.

Correct. Dividends are not deductible and come from retained earnings. It is a return of profits to shareholders.

OTOH, Shareholder OBC is a marketing expense and a deduction. It helps generate profits.

14 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

per Arnold Donald

Notice he did not say the shareholder OBC. As others have pointed out this is not a dividend; it is something entirely different.

7 hours ago, mrak said:
5 hours ago, Denverdonkeys said:

I emailed to guestadmin@carnival.com. I listed my booking, ship name and dates for my cruise.

where/how did you submit proof? Can it be done through email? If so, do you have the email address?