How to lift and switch

13 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

I remember the one we had.  It was a bit of a pain with the tub.  Had to climb in to take a shower. 

I would like a huge shower with those rain heads. A really great shower. 

The bath tub was a downer, I guess they do them to save on water. And yes, seemed like a extra big step up to take a shower. We enjoyed the balcony though. Just wasnt impressed. Depends on your wife if she would keep wanting them. 

Lol personally I wished I had gotten on of those inside balconies. I paid extra at the time for a outside one and then couldnt change/downgrade. I'd like one to watch the diving on oasis class. I noticed this time now those cost more than a outside view. I guess I'm not the only one. 

I'm in a outside balcony with ocean view I hope,  but if I got a royal up offer to boardwalk, I might take it. Big bath tubs ... oh boy. NOT. 

16 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Ken,

You seem to be pretty optimistic to be booking the Ovation for 3021  🙂

I mentioned it was over 1000 years away, he didnt respond lol, at least that I saw.

Hes going to be gray by then

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm in a outside balcony with ocean view I hope,  but if I got a royal up offer to boardwalk, I might take it.

You would not get an offer to go from an Oceanview balcony to a Boardwalk balcony as Royal views that as a downgrade. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You would not get an offer to go from an Oceanview balcony to a Boardwalk balcony as Royal views that as a downgrade. 

Well it's on my someday list. Maybe they really need my ocean view and ask for volunteers. I swear the boardwalk cost more on the date I looked. 

First allure has to come to Galveston!! 

Those suites on the end by the diving sure caught my eye. I wonder if there is a way to lift and shift to one? I read people worrying about the stairs and stuff. I just want one of those too some day 

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well it's on my someday list. Maybe they really need my ocean view and ask for volunteers. I swear the boardwalk cost more on the date I looked. 

First allure has to come to Galveston!! 

Those suites on the end by the diving sure caught my eye. I wonder if there is a way to lift and shift to one? I read people worrying about the stairs and stuff. I just want one of those too some day 

I’ve seen board walks and Central park that cost more than an Oceanview but it’s not common.  The only way to L&S to a BW balcony is to originally book one on an Oasis class ship. 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ve seen board walks and Central park that cost more than an Oceanview but it’s not common.  The only way to L&S to a BW balcony is to originally book one on an Oasis class ship. 

I just pulled up the date I was looking at, yep other people must agree, as boardwalk slightly more. But yea I bow to your expertise, it's not a upgrade, it just costs more. Put it on my to do list, ... someday. 

20200526_214928202.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just pulled up the date I was looking at, yep other people must agree, as boardwalk slightly more. But yea I bow to your expertise, it's not a upgrade, it just costs more. Put it on my to do list, ... someday. 

20200526_214928202.jpeg

Just curious...what date...assuming Allure

12 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

The other strange thing is that my deposits are $500.  I have the same thing on 3 bookings.

same I think the extra $200 is from the cancellation penalty of $100 per person waived for the lift & shift. Have you gotten a response from Royal? I emailed, I don’t have the energy or the time to spend another 2 hrs on hold dealing with something like this

10 minutes ago, RG306 said:

same I think the extra $200 is from the cancellation penalty of $100 per person waived for the lift & shift. Have you gotten a response from Royal? I emailed, I don’t have the energy or the time to spend another 2 hrs on hold dealing with something like this

On a normal 2 person non refundable deposit of $500 you would be faced with a $100 pp cancellation fee and receive $300 Back as a FCC.  The $700 makes no sense. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

On a normal non refundable deposit of $500 you would be faced with a $100 pp cancellation fee and receive $300 Back as a FCC.  The $700 makes no sense. 

I agree. I honestly have no idea what they’re doing.

Just now, RG306 said:

I agree. I honestly have no idea what they’re doing.

Unless they are adding the $100 pp change fee every time you make a change just in case you end up extend the reservation beyond the CWC end date of April 2022 and then decide to cancel. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would say they are equal although the OS has been priced a couple of hundred $ per person more than the CL for the initial pricing. 

Wondering if it would be on a Royalup offer?  Guess we will find out  I would like to try one, Dan not so much. Too much stair climbing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would say they are equal although the OS has been priced a couple of hundred $ per person more than the CL for the initial pricing. 

I can recall seeing CL on par with GS

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Other people with guarantees that switched to ships that did not have a guarantee were able to pick their cabin. Even guarantees  should show up on the cruise planner. 

There are guarantees available for 2 persons sharing but not 1. 

I just called RC and they are blaming it on a glitch.  

Operator couldn't fix it.  His supervisor couldn't fix it. They are too busy to sort it now and so I have to wait for a call back from the operator who did the switch yesterday for her to fix it.

No confirmation invoices yet for the 2 reservations that did appear my planner,  but I've just received a confirmation invoice for the one that isn't 🙃 so they have been trying to do something. 

I haven't been assigned a cabin - it still shows XB (which I hope is a guaranteed ocean view with balcony)

They have added an imaginary friend sharing my cabin, cruise fare is up, flash sale gone, C&A discount is higher because sailing is not till 2021, they have added service charge  and the only good thing I see is taxes and fees are lower.

I am hoping this is all going to be adjusted because price for my cabin now that my new friend has joined me has gone from £1401 to £2897 😱

Edited by livylotte

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

March 27, 2022

Well maybe they will offer a royal up to a suite overlooking the diving boards. Dont know their name. I'm sure really expensive.

I just looked at one date for one person. Didnt look much.

Those aft suites are called Aqua Suites.

The big ones are STAR Class and hold 8 people.

We had one on recent Allure TA, and it was 11 Grand for 3 of us. That is on the cheap end of typical price.

20200302_114141.thumb.jpg.4db3428089680ef6e85bb3a57404eef6.jpg

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Those aft suites are called Aqua Suites.

The big ones are STAR Class and hold 8 people.

We had one on recent Allure TA, and it was 11 Grand for 3 of us. That is on the cheap end of typical price.

I really want an Aqua Suite 🤤

I feel like they have us under their thumb. Final payment is due on June 12th for a Mediterranean sailing Sept 18th if we do L&S we only have October 2021 options (no other sailing match our days and itinerary and the weather would be cooler, we don'twant October). If we cancel we will lose our $530 nonrefundable deposit. 

Do we make final payment and hope the 2020 sailing is cancelled? Keep in mind the prorated cancellation fees could cost us thousands if we cancel closer to the date of sailing. Do we cancel and lose $530 deposit? 

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

8 minutes ago, brettanddawnh said:

I feel like they have us under their thumb. Final payment is due on June 12th for a Mediterranean sailing Sept 18th if we do L&S we only have October 2021 options (no other sailing match our days and itinerary and the weather would be cooler, we don'twant October). If we cancel we will lose our $530 nonrefundable deposit. 

Do we make final payment and hope the 2020 sailing is cancelled? Keep in mind the prorated cancellation fees could cost us thousands if we cancel closer to the date of sailing. Do we cancel and lose $530 deposit? 

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

You can cancel and receive the Non refundable deposit back as a FCC. or you can just move the booking to any date or ship or itinerary you want to move it to, no $100 per person change fee, that has been waived by RCCL, this move would be done with their CWC option.

By doing the move like that you will pay the current price of the cruise you move to, just your current deposit would go on that cruise.

Edited by Jimbo

11 minutes ago, brettanddawnh said:

If we cancel we will lose our $530 nonrefundable deposit

With the Cruise With Confidence Program, you can cancel your cruise up to 48 hours prior to cruising and get a 100% Future Cruise Credit.  You would not lose your deposit.  If you want a cash refund, then yes...your only option is to wait and hope they cancel.