How to lift and switch

3 minutes ago, slvrbllt said:

Has anyone else run into the cancellation penalty still applying if your cruise was cancelled and you did L&S?  Was contemplating calling again tomorrow to ask about it.  

Backstory:  Our July 12, 2020 cruise was cancelled on May 20.  We did L&S to July 4, 2021, but instead of now having a new cancellation schedule and only the NRD be at stake until final payment , we have a note on our invoice that states "The booking is currently subject to USD 1852.25 cancellation penalties at time of this booking invoice 29 MAY 2020. This amount may increase based on the cruise penalty schedule."

If you cancel the cruise under the CWC policy (that covers all cruise booked before August 1 2020) then all cancellation penalties are waived and you would get a FCC for 100% of what you have paid. It doesn’t matter if it’s been moved, shifted or new, it’s all covered under the CWC.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancel the cruise under the CWC policy (that covers all cruise booked before August 1 2020) then all cancellation penalties are waived and you would get a FCC for 100% of what you have paid. It doesn’t matter if it’s been moved, shifted or new, it’s all covered under the CWC.

So as long as it's booked before then, even if I decide to change my mind 10 months from now, it's still under CWC?  I guess I thought I had to cancel within a certain timeframe for that, too.  (Shorter than the 48 hours) That makes me feel better, everyone I'd talked to kept saying, well, that's what your insurance is for.  Which wasn't the point.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That's an automated thing RCI IT sends - ignore it.

I would have already ignored it, except the agent, supervisor, and analyst (whatever that is) that the supervisor had to verify it with said it definitely applied and there was no way around it.

Thanks to you both!  It seemed kind of screwy but after 3.5 hours on the phone I was done arguing and just going to try again another day.

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2020 at 8:31 PM, Dennis#1 said:

We have a 10 day cruise out of Tampa on Jan. 23, 2021 on Rhapsody.  Sure would like to shift it to Jan/Feb 2022, but there are no 10 day cruises out of Tampa in 2022.  Guess the lift and shift option is not an option for me.

On 5/18/2020 at 8:40 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Doesn’t have to be out of Tampa,.  Are there other 10 day cruises out of somewhere in Florida that have the same basic itinerary. 

10 nights on the Vision out of FLL in  Jan and Feb  that would qualify for the L&S 

Thanks for your advice Ourusualbeach.  I was finally successful in using the L&S program for my Jan 2021 Rhapsody cruise out of Tampa to a Feb. 2022 cruise on the Vision out of FLL. 

Edited by Dennis#1
  • Like 1

So the L/S program is applicable until the end of September 2020 ?

Considering doing the L/S from May 8, 2021 to Apr 24, 2022...eastern caribbean.

We have 3 GS's all booked with FCC's from our RCI cancelled May 4, 2020 cruise.

Does this sound like it will work out ?

25 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So the L/S program is applicable until the end of September 2020 ?

Considering doing the L/S from May 8, 2021 to Apr 24, 2022...eastern caribbean.

We have 3 GS's all booked with FCC's from our RCI cancelled May 4, 2020 cruise.

Does this sound like it will work out ?

Put your reservation numbers into the on line tool and it will tell you all eligible sailings.  The dates are fine and it is ok to shift a cruise with A FCC applied. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Put your reservation numbers into the on line tool and it will tell you all eligible sailings.  The dates are fine and it is ok to shift a cruise with A FCC applied. 

Thank you so much for your reply.