How to lift and switch

59 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The port or the embarkation port do not matter.

Itinerary length, itinerary type, stateroom category and within a 4 week window 1 year away are the criteria

Do you think switching from an eastern Caribbean to a western itinerary would matter?

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They have denied that move in the past yet I did read that someone posted today that they had that move approved.  You will have to call

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, caribbeanfever said:

Ken, If I have a 2 bedroom Grand Suite on the Symphony for June and there are none available within the four weeks either way in 2021, what would the comparable room be?

Same ship does same itinerary in JUNE 2021...You will have no issue  switching, June 13th 2021 has

2 bedroom GS also on the 20th of June has same 2 bedroom GS, not sure what you are looking at?

Edited by Jimbo

43 minutes ago, caribbeanfever said:

Ken, If I have a 2 bedroom Grand Suite on the Symphony for June and there are none available within the four weeks either way in 2021, what would the comparable room be?

Unfortunately I haven’t heard of them doing comparable rooms.  According to the FAQ’s You would have  to find another ship or use one of the other CWC options 

So IF I have a January 10 Western Itinerary + Perfect Day in Oasis of the Seas, Can I potentially change to Dec 31 2022 Symphony of the seas if the Itinerary is called exactly the same Western Itinerary  + Perfect Day (dont see the holiday word included in that sailing)?

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Same ship does same itinerary in JUNE 2021...You will have no issue  switching, June 13th 2021 has

2 bedroom GS also on the 20th of June has same 2 bedroom GS, not sure what you are looking at?

Thanks, Jimbo!  I need to call them and see if I can switch. 

1 hour ago, Deseo1578 said:

So IF I have a January 10 Western Itinerary + Perfect Day in Oasis of the Seas, Can I potentially change to Dec 31 2022 Symphony of the seas if the Itinerary is called exactly the same Western Itinerary  + Perfect Day (dont see the holiday word included in that sailing)?

I read Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year cruises were excluded from L&S in Royals Blog on the program

Edited by Scoobydobe7

1 minute ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

I read Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year cruises were excluded from L&S in Royals Blig on the program

They can be lift and shifted but only if you are on a comparable sailing.  Going from Christmas 2020 to Christmas 2021 is perfectly fine

1 hour ago, Deseo1578 said:

No.  You cannot switch a non holiday cruise to a holiday cruise.  Any cruise that includes Dec 25 or Dec 31 is a holiday cruise whether it says it in the itinerary or not.

8 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

I read Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year cruises were excluded from L&S in Royals Blig on the program

Can you point me into where I can see this? I see this terms below, but could not find anything about this holiday info. Thank you!!

Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean International’s (RCI) “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before August 1, 2020, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and April 30, 2022, to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the full amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise, or (ii) move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing, or (iii) opt in for our “best price guarantee” on their current sailing. “Eligible alternate sailing” means a booking in the same stateroom category sailing with RCI on the same product and cruise length scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year. For those sailings, RCI will protect the guest’s original price and/or promotion so long as the guest moves the eligible booking to the alternative sailing on or before August 1, 2020. If RCI’s “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare inside final payment, then the difference will be provided to guests in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit for use on the eligible alternative sailing. If RCI’s “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare outside final payment, the difference will be provided in a rate adjustment. For more details about RCI’s best price guarantee program, click here. “Vacation start date” means the date of the earlier of: (i) the scheduled embarkation of the cruise; or (ii) any pre-cruise hotel stay or Cruisetour package associated with the cruise and booked through RCI. If the guest chooses to move their booking to an eligible sailing in the subsequent year, any penalties previously assessed based on the prior sailing’s penalty schedule will follow the booking to the new sailing. The Future Cruise Credit portion of the “Cruise with Confidence” program will only apply to bookings for named guests for which cruise fares have been paid in full. To receive the benefit of “Cruise with Confidence” guests must opt-in by calling RCI at 800-256-6649. If the guest opts to cancels his/her cruise, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be issued for the cruise fare amounts paid to the cruise line. The FCC is non-transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash. The FCC’s value may be applied toward the cruise fare due on a new booking, on RCI for a sailing that is the later of on or before December 31, 2021, or 12 months after the original sail date. All bookings are subject to availability at the time of the request. If not used on or before the expiration date stated above, the FCC will automatically expire and have no cash value. Restrictions may apply on stateroom category and applicable pricing and promotions.  Guest will remain responsible for paying the applicable deposit amounts, taxes/fees, port expenses and gratuities (if applicable) for the new booking. RCI’s “Cruise with Confidence” program does not apply to bookings made by residents of mainland China, and Hong Kong. Program does not apply to chartered sailings or contracted group bookings. RCI reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time without prior notice or liability. Offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice.

32 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

Can you point me into where I can see this? I see this terms below, but could not find anything about this holiday info. Thank you!!

From the FAQ’s

35. Are any sail dates ineligible for Lift & Shift?

Christmas, New Year’s, and Chinese New Year’s cruises are ineligible, unless your client is currently confirmed on one of these sailings and wishes to take advantage of Lift & Shift to move to the same sailing next year (assuming all other qualifying criteria is met).

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ports don't matter.  It is itinerary type

I am sorry if someone already asked.  How about Alaska itinerary?

Could I lift & shift northbound/southbound to round trip or round trip to northbound/southbound?

Thank you for your answer.

2 minutes ago, cruiserRay55 said:

I am sorry if someone already asked.  How about Alaska itinerary?

Could I lift & shift northbound/southbound to round trip or round trip to northbound/southbound?

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, that switch is allowed 

We have a cruise booked on the Grandeur the last of Oct. I would like to do a L&S to next year, but the Grandeur is being replaced with the Enchantment.  They have  the same cruise, but it is a 12 night and ours now is an 11 night.  We prefer to cruise out of Baltimore, so looking at other ports is out of the question.  So what alternatives do we have??  NRD.  Any ideas would be helpful. Our final payment is not due until the end of July.

Now that they announced that the new round of cancellations are eligble for lift and shift, it begs the question..What about previously cancelled sailings?  Doesn't seem fair at all that those wouldn't be eligble, but yes I know things aren't always fair. 

54 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

We have a cruise booked on the Grandeur the last of Oct. I would like to do a L&S to next year, but the Grandeur is being replaced with the Enchantment.  They have  the same cruise, but it is a 12 night and ours now is an 11 night.  We prefer to cruise out of Baltimore, so looking at other ports is out of the question.  So what alternatives do we have??  NRD.  Any ideas would be helpful. Our final payment is not due until the end of July.

No other like sailing...............But you can move to the 12 night sailing, price will not be protected but you can use the money from the 11 night sailing toward the 12 night and pay  the diffrence or get a refund if it is lower.............Under the CWC you will also be able to do this with NO $100 per person change fee.........

Just had my travel agent do this for me, Changed a Canada /New England cruise from Bayonne, Nj to a  Western Caribbean cruise from Tampa.........................No change fee !

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No other like sailing...............But you can move to the 12 night sailing, price will not be protected but you can use the money from the 11 night sailing toward the 12 night and pay  the diffrence or get a refund if it is lower.............Under the CWC you will also be able to do this with NO $100 per person change fee.........

Just had my travel agent do this for me, Changed a Canada /New England cruise from Bayonne, Nj to a  Western Caribbean cruise from Tampa.........................No change fee !

Thank you for responding. Thought that was our option, just wasn't quite sure.

1 hour ago, tropiclvrs said:

Now that they announced that the new round of cancellations are eligble for lift and shift, it begs the question..What about previously cancelled sailings?  Doesn't seem fair at all that those wouldn't be eligble, but yes I know things aren't always fair. 

Previously cancelled sailings are not eligible.

1 hour ago, tropiclvrs said:

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Previously cancelled sailings are not eligible.

AND it is in BIG BOLD letters on their website

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They have denied that move in the past yet I did read that someone posted today that they had that move approved.  You will have to call

Absolutely fine. I have switched from southern out of San Juan to eastern and know of 7 other family reservations that made that switch. And the RCCL planner did the switch on the same phone call for all of the reservations. We always use the same rccl vacation planner so can't say if all do this the same way.

Edited by Sianli
add more info