Will Celebrity really start back in June?

Jenjohncourt

13 minutes ago, MrCoachRentz said:

We're on the July 4th cruise.  SC, GA, and FL are pretty much open for business.  Restaraunts, beaches, pools open this week, salons, pretty much everything.  Will be interesting the next couple of weeks...

Are the ports you are scheduled to stop at open?  I haven’t seen anything indicating that the No Sail order is being lifted,

Edited by jelayne

14 minutes ago, MrCoachRentz said:

We're on the July 4th cruise.  SC, GA, and FL are pretty much open for business.  Restaraunts, beaches, pools open this week, salons, pretty much everything.  Will be interesting the next couple of weeks...

I live in Naples, Fl.  Restaurants and shops will go from 25% capacity to 50% Monday.  Beaches on the weekends are only opened 7-11am and 5-sunset in the evenings.  Not sure where you are getting your info from but it is not factual.  People are still wearing masks while shopping, gyms will open Monday at limited capacity.  That is the west coast of Florida, not the cruise counties across to the east where the biggest outbreaks of Corona are happening.

Good luck with your July cruise, but probably not happening.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jenjohncourt said:

I’m on the 6/28 cruise on the Equinox. I highly doubt that this cruise is really going to sail. Just wondering when they will extend the cancellations!!!

Looking like Wednesday of this week for the RCL lines or at least by Friday. Bet the cancellation includes all of July and maybe August and even most sailing sin September. When they do resume it will most likely be 3-5 day cruises leaving from the Florida ports.

• Like 1

Once again someone has to be told that cruises are not sailing and that the only reason that they have not been cancelled is that Celebrity can hold your money for as long as they can.

Celebrity is still trying to repatriate thousands of crew. Who is going to work on your sailing which you are planning to go on?

I would get your computer and your phone fixed because somewhere  in there is a broken connection.

I am trying to be gentle and nice but am having difficulty doing so.

The airlines are still screwed up. People are afraid to fly and it will be awhile before they have confidence to get on a plane.

Edited by NordicPrince
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yorky said:

Nice to see Italy starting to open up again. One hotel owner on this mornings tv saying booking were already coming in.

Great news for them!  It will be nice when the world's economy can begin to kick into high gear.  

16 minutes ago, yorky said:

Nice to see Italy starting to open up again. One hotel owner on this mornings tv saying booking were already coming in.

Caught end of this interview on BBC this morning  -- did  the hotel owner say international tourism expected in September?

4 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

Caught end of this interview on BBC this morning  -- did  the hotel owner say international tourism expected in September?

Think he may have done, certainly on a piece yesterday they said they were looking forward to international tourists towards the end of summer.

14 hours ago, Jenjohncourt said:

I’m on the 6/28 cruise on the Equinox. I highly doubt that this cruise is really going to sail. Just wondering when they will extend the cancellations!!!

We are on the Apex sailing out of Rome on June 13th. I was hoping they’d extend the cancellations last week... hopefully it will be this week.

I don't see it as limbo. Celeb is hanging on to all the money they can. They will not cancel until they have to and maybe even not then. Very clear. 

I just cant help but think, what planet are people on, with all that is going on planet earth,  to think Celeb will sail in June. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Its tough to be gentle on this one. 

So I will just say that this topic must be a joke in light of what we know. 

This is the bizzarro world that we have heard about, where down is up and up is down.

What more do people need to know?

P.T. Barnum was right, There is one born every minute.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jenjohncourt said:

Sorry No.  They will not start back in June.  Or July either.  CDC No Sail order is through July 27 depending when you start counting the 100 days.