Will Celebrity really start back in June?

Jenjohncourt

Interested to know if people think there will be a European timetable this year? We are due to be sailing on the TA back to Argentina on the Silhouette. A few weeks ago it was the only thing that kept us going but we’re both now sort of resigned to the fact that it just ain’t going to happen. But would be interested in your opinions.

20 minutes ago, mic123 said:

I only get it because I am in the same situation.  They canceled through June 11 and ours leaves on June 12.  We have flights going out a few days prior (Rome) which we also purchased through them.  We do not want to shift at this point, but would rather rebook when we feel like it.

It sounds like a blessing that you got your flights through Choice Air.  Refunds are coming.  I got mine though it took several weeks post cancellation.  Good Luck!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marieps said:

It sounds like a blessing that you got your flights through Choice Air.  Refunds are coming.  I got mine though it took several weeks post cancellation.  Good Luck!

That was our thought.  We don't normally do that, and for whatever reason their flights were cheaper than what we could find on our own.

8 minutes ago, mic123 said:

That was our thought.  We don't normally do that, and for whatever reason their flights were cheaper than what we could find on our own.

I've really even considered pricing flights through X.  I guess maybe I should.  I know they advertize heavily that they're competitive but I thought that was just hype.  

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ade999 said:

Interested to know if people think there will be a European timetable this year? We are due to be sailing on the TA back to Argentina on the Silhouette. A few weeks ago it was the only thing that kept us going but we’re both now sort of resigned to the fact that it just ain’t going to happen. But would be interested in your opinions.

Sillie is one of 18 ships currently in a cluster drifting between Bimini and the Berry Islands.  IMHO, it would be easier for X to staff her in Miami, get a few short cruises under her belt in late summer/early fall,  then deploy her to her South American season.  Just my opinion,  since you asked for it.  I don't see her going to Europe for only a few weeks before an 11/20/20 TA.  I hope I'm dead wrong, because your itinerary looks awesome.  All those sea days would make me a bit worried.  Lots of time out doors! 

On 5/18/2020 at 7:10 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I thought the CDCs no sail order went to July 21st...

No, July 24. From the website:

The extended Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• 100 days have passed from April 15, the date the extended order was published in the Federal Registerexternal icon and went into effect. 100 days from April 15 is July 24.

• Like 1

Just now, Fouremco said:

No, July 24. From the website:

The extended Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• 100 days have passed from April 15, the date the extended order was published in the Federal Registerexternal icon and went into effect. 100 days from April 15 is July 24.

Yah, I knew it was 20 something...thanks for posting the accurate date.  For some, a lot is hinging on what happens in July.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mic123 said:

When we priced it up they were way more expensive, like double.

36 minutes ago, ade999 said:

We are on both the crossing and the SA sailing after it.

We do not expect to go, and if the TA is cancelled as we expect we will cancel the other leg also since we have done the Cape Horn sailing twice in the past.

14 minutes ago, marieps said:

Sillie is one of 18 ships currently in a cluster drifting between Bimini and the Berry Islands.  IMHO, it would be easier for X to staff her in Miami, get a few short cruises under her belt in late summer/early fall,  then deploy her to her South American season.  Just my opinion,  since you asked for it.  I don't see her going to Europe for only a few weeks before an 11/20/20 TA.  I hope I'm dead wrong, because your itinerary looks awesome.  All those sea days would make me a bit worried.  Lots of time out doors! 

We are on the crossing and I agree.  

We shall see if they keep with the SA sailings in December-March but will have lots to do with what the ports in Argentina, Uruguay and Chile have to say about that.  Chile was totally intractable with the Eclipse disembarkation in March.  Been through that kind of situation also in March in the UAE and wouldn't be interested in replicating it again.  😧

After reading more posts we area holding off on booking a Celebrity cruise. Just too many unknowns. Plus the length people have to wait for refunds I think is crazy. But know there are a lot of people cancelling.

Oh well. Could see myself sitting at Martini Bar with a cold one... will just look at pictures for now...

Things  will change for the better. Will make us all appreciate cruising more if there is such a thing..

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yah, I knew it was 20 something...thanks for posting the accurate date.  For some, a lot is hinging on what happens in July.

You're welcome...

13 hours ago, MisterMet said:

6443.  Walked by your place this morning with my Golden Graziella.  You live next to Tony and Robin?  Great people.  I’m really bummed about our trip but am trying to focus on the bigger picture.   Lost a wonderful friend to the virus.  As a NYer originally, its hard not feel the gravity of all this from many perspectives.

I hope that for the industry’s sake things can return soon, but under the right conditions.  Caution over speed.  We’ll get back on the seas eventually, and we’ll all have a wonderful tim

Edited by Oville
Repeat

6443.  Walked by your place this morning with my Golden Graziella.  You live next to Tony and Robin?  Great people.  I’m really bummed about our trip but am trying to focus on the bigger picture.   Lost a wonderful friend to the virus.  As a NYer originally, its hard not feel the gravity of all this from many perspectives.

I hope that for the industry’s sake things can return soon, but under the right conditions.  Caution over speed.  We’ll get back on the seas eventually, and we’ll all have a wonderful time like always.

Edited by Oville
Oops

I hope that for the industry’s sake things can return soon, but under the right conditions.  Caution over speed.  We’ll get back on the seas eventually, and we’ll all have a wonderful time like always.

Edited by Oville
Cruise Critic hiccup

Nice neighbors. I’m Katie (Kathy)  and husband is Jeff.  We usually would be back on Cape Cod by now but....

Not sure when cruising will start again but we are not planning anything.  Luckily we have received most of our refunds.  

Hope we meet soon, Katie

I hope that for the industry’s sake things can return soon, but under the right conditions.  Caution over speed.  We’ll get back on the seas eventually, and we’ll all have a wonderful time 

Edited by Oville
Cruise Critic hiccup

5 hours ago, Oville said:

Nice neighbors. I’m Katie (Kathy)  and husband is Jeff.  We usually would be back on Cape Cod by now but....

Not sure when cruising will start again but we are not planning anything.  Luckily we have received most of our refunds.  

Hope we meet soon, Katie

Trip and Pam(she’s GrazieMommy on CC).  We’re here year round.  We still have 2 FCCs booked from our last Equinox cruise so we too will be taking a refund.  We probably should not have made the last payment but it was March 24, right when all of this really began.  Enjoy the Cape whenever you get there.  Hopefully we’ll meet before then.

Trip

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 

Given ongoing global public health circumstances, Celebrity Cruises has decided to extend the suspension of most sailings through July 31, 2020. We are working with our guests and travel partners to address this disruption to their vacations, and we are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience. We expect to return to service on August 1. 

Guest Letter from Celebrity Cruises

Impacted Itineraries

For impacted sailings, compensation of 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be processed automatically. Future Cruise Credit is good through December 31st, 2021. If you prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit for all of the guests in your reservation and instead accept a 100% refund, you may submit your request here any time up until the expiration date of your FCC.  

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund.  In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request.  If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by April 8th, you will automatically receive a full refund to your original method of payment.  Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that, ddr!  I have a cruise schedule for August 9th!  I admit I was "sweating" a bit, but I was going to let Celebrity make the decision for me and not cancel.  :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, K.T.B. said:

Thanks for posting that, ddr!  I have a cruise schedule for August 9th!  I admit I was "sweating" a bit, but I was going to let Celebrity make the decision for me and not cancel.  :classic_smile:

That's just the current round of monthly cancellations. Mid-June may well see another round of cuts, extending to the end of August. :classic_sad: