Will Celebrity really start back in June?

Jenjohncourt

On 5/19/2020 at 7:24 PM, ade999 said:

Interested to know if people think there will be a European timetable this year? We are due to be sailing on the TA back to Argentina on the Silhouette. A few weeks ago it was the only thing that kept us going but we’re both now sort of resigned to the fact that it just ain’t going to happen. But would be interested in your opinions.

I would have thought that there's a better chance of a European season compared to the USA. Italy, Spain and France are planning to open resorts in the next few weeks.

10 minutes ago, Captain Rob said:

I would have thought that there's a better chance of a European season compared to the USA. Italy, Spain and France are planning to open resorts in the next few weeks.

I’m beginning to wonder if we may now see the tail end of the summer season in Europe. 

3 hours ago, Captain Rob said:

Even if some things are starting to open up, I can’t imagine Italy, Spain and France will open up to cruise ships any time soon.

I also think that as things are opening up, we will see some new outbreaks of COVID which might impact future stages.. it’s so hard to predict what July and August will look like, but with cruises being in the news for all of the wrong reasons during this pandemic, I think cruising will be one of the last things to reopen. 

2 minutes ago, NinaBlue22 said:

Even if some things are starting to open up, I can’t imagine Italy, Spain and France will open up to cruise ships any time soon.

I also think that as things are opening up, we will see some new outbreaks of COVID which might impact future stages.. it’s so hard to predict what July and August will look like, but with cruises being in the news for all of the wrong reasons during this pandemic, I think cruising will be one of the last things to reopen. 

It amazes me (probably shouldn't) how many articles show up in the "news" blaming the industry for the virus.   They are victims just as any land based business.  But they are an easy target for lazy reporters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

Thanks for posting that, ddr!  I have a cruise schedule for August 9th!  I admit I was "sweating" a bit, but I was going to let Celebrity make the decision for me and not cancel.  :classic_smile:

But, it says most sailings through July 31st. Yours is in August.

18 hours ago, VickyMcG said:

So, how long does it take before we can apply our FCC?  Any ideas, guys?

Once you receive your FCC Certificate number, you can apply the credit, from what I understand,  to other previously booked cruises or a new booking
We have not received our FCC certificate number yet from Mar 15). Once we do, we'll apply it to out Oct and Dec cruises. In the event those are cancelled, then we'll book cruises for next year. Hopefully we'll get it soon so that we can book preferred cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, alibaba1 said:

Once you receive your FCC Certificate number, you can apply the credit, from what I understand,  to other previously booked cruises or a new booking
We have not received our FCC certificate number yet from Mar 15). Once we do, we'll apply it to out Oct and Dec cruises. In the event those are cancelled, then we'll book cruises for next year. Hopefully we'll get it soon so that we can book preferred cabins.

Yeah. I’m going to have my TA apply it to my Feb cruise on Edge. We did the math and I was able

to upgrade to an AQ cabin (from an OV) and once the FCC is applied I’ll end up paying a little less than I was going to. Woohoo!!

46 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

Exactly.  So far my cruise looks to be unaffected.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were happy your cruise was cancelled. (which, of course, it wasn't).   I read that differently.

After Celebrity announced the latest batch of cancellations running through July 31 including our 10 night RT from Venice to the Greek Islands on the Constellation, the 3 couples that were going requested refunds.  We were quoted 30-45 days, but we all expect that number to double.

The aggrieved travelers later gathered for the following ceremony at our house:

It seemed the proper way to end the whole thing.  We’ve decided as a group to look into something if, and when a vaccine is developed.  It makes me sad though that my favorite thing in the whole world to do won’t be happening.  I remind myself however, that this is NOT the really important thing the world is facing.

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay strong everyone.

MisterMet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MisterMet said:

After Celebrity announced the latest batch of cancellations running through July 31 including our 10 night RT from Venice to the Greek Islands on the Constellation, the 3 couples that were going requested refunds.  We were quoted 30-45 days, but we all expect that number to double.

The aggrieved travelers later gathered for the following ceremony at our house:

It seemed the proper way to end the whole thing.  We’ve decided as a group to look into something if, and when a vaccine is developed.  It makes me sad though that my favorite thing in the whole world to do won’t be happening.  I remind myself however, that this is NOT the really important thing the world is facing.

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay strong everyone.

MisterMet

aww, sweet.  how about, au revoir!

21 minutes ago, eyecantwait said:

@MisterMet I like how you think! We were going to be a group of 10 to celebrate my upcoming retirement on an Alaska cruise in August. I totally intend to throw a sail away party at our pool on our departure day.

Angela

I’m glad you like how I think😆.  I’ve been accused by many of being a little goofy, mostly  by MrsMet!  Appreciate your comment.  Enjoy your sail away party to your pool!

MisterMet

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, eyecantwait said:

@MisterMet I like how you think! We were going to be a group of 10 to celebrate my upcoming retirement on an Alaska cruise in August. I totally intend to throw a sail away party at our pool on our departure day.

Angela

Isn’t there some kind of saying though that great minds think alike? 🤔 

🤨

MisterMet

• Like 1