Today we would have been in Barbados

Peachypooh

We were supposed to be on a 12 night cruise on the Pearl with today being our

Barbados stop. I looked it up and Barbados has 88 cases, 68 recovered and 7 deaths

according to today's numbers. Very sad for the deaths...I do think that with these

numbers if they are accurate they have handled their situation well. Hope they

can continue their good numbers and wish them all the best.

Barbados is on our bucket list.  In fact, we've looked at some land vacays there for later this summer but I'm hesitant to book as it puts us in the thick of hurricane season.

Hopefully, you can find another cruise that calls on this port and plan to get there in the future.

• Like 1

Barbados is our FAVORITE port.  Accra Beach has beautiful sand and the best waves to jump thru.  I don't know why we pay for loungers because we rarely get out of the water.  Our last 2 cruises didn't stop there.  Neither does our next one (fingers crossed).  Might have to look into an all inclusive.

• Like 1

Barbados is one of my favorite cruise ports. Was one of our ports of call in March of last year. A wonderful cruise aboard the Jade. People and tour guides there were so friendly, knowledgeable, and FUN! Beautiful place! Would love to see Barbados on a future cruise itinerary someday. 

Peachypooh, Hope you get to go there sometime on one of your future cruises.  

• Like 1

Peachypooh,  hope for better days ahead and a future visit to Barbados.  It is my favorite island/nation in the Caribbean.  I have been there so many times on land vacations,  and absolutely love the place and the people.  Let us all look forward to a brighter future for all, safe for travellers, and safe for the islands to allow visitors and support to their economies.  

• Like 1

Reading the love for Barbados makes me hope even more that our 13 night cruise on the Jade February 1, 2021 really happens and that we as over 70 with some prior health issues will be allowed to cruise.  We love the Jade and it is a great itinerary with some ports new to us.  Tampa as a cruise port is also new to us and we were (are?) looking forward to spending some time there before the cruise.

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

We were supposed to be on a 12 night cruise on the Pearl with today being our

Barbados stop. I looked it up and Barbados has 88 cases, 68 recovered and 7 deaths

according to today's numbers. Very sad for the deaths...I do think that with these

numbers if they are accurate they have handled their situation well. Hope they

can continue their good numbers and wish them all the best.

Everything is relative.  Barbados has less than 300K residents.  On a per capita basis, my hometown (Dayton, OH) has fewer deaths.  

11 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

Everything is relative.  Barbados has less than 300K residents.  On a per capita basis, my hometown (Dayton, OH) has fewer deaths.  

I like the city of Dayton, we visited family there for many years. You make a good point.

Barbados has had very, very severe restrictions which are just starting to ease - one of my employees lives on the island and until the last week or so has only been allowed out to shop for 4 hours twice a week.  

23 minutes ago, Jobeth66 said:

Barbados has had very, very severe restrictions which are just starting to ease - one of my employees lives on the island and until the last week or so has only been allowed out to shop for 4 hours twice a week.  

That must be hard for everyone. Looks like it helped keep the virus in check.Glad they are loosening up a bit now.