Ater Booked Cruise,hard speak with TA?

cruz4us2

Sounds like now that your travel agent has your money they no longer have any interest in you. I wold have to say that this is not a really good agent and I certainly would not give them any more business. I don't know if you have cruised before, but when you cruise in May, you will have the chance to book another cruise while on board the ship. The cruise line will reward you with a ship board credit that can be used on the future cruise if you book a cruise while on your current cruise. If you book a future cruise while on board the booking will revert back to the travel agent that booked the current cruise. If this agent is not providing any service I would ask that the booking go to a different travel agent.

Final payment is due usually 70 to 90 days out, and my t.a. usually charges mine to my credit card with in one week of it being due, but, in your case, that does get you into the month of May at this point, so that could be normal.

In terms of return calls, I'd say t.a.'s vary. Those that work for high volume discount agencies may indeed get pressure to sell, sell, sell, and not have the time to service their accounts. But I know several people who have ta's like that (high volume/discount agencies) who are amazing and responsive. And I've worked with t.a.'s in small shops who couldn't be bothered, or just plain didn't know much about cruising (my fault for picking them in the first place:rolleyes: ).

I just called my t.a. this morning to cancel a great cabin booked through her agency for a friend, but got her to call the t.a. of other friends on the same trip, so THEY could get the cabin when it was released! Over the top great service.:) (I guess it helps that we've been using her a lot, and brought her new clients.)

Also, don't hesitate to use Cruisecritic as a resource. Most t.a.'s would have a hard time answering all the questions we ask here, if every client asked them- not enough time in the day.:eek:

Hope all works out for you.

If all else fails, hint that you'll be booking more cruises in the future (hopefuly not a lie!) but have some questions now, and could she get back to you, or give you the name of another agent/agency with more time to go over some details who can call you back. When someone thinks they might gain future business, or lose a client to another, sometimes things speed up.:rolleyes:

Andrew

I just wish I could clone my ta for everyone! She's great, was agent of the year for her company rgius year, last year's X agent of the year for her company, gets all the great discounts, refunds even after final payment and is available 7 days a week. Wow! Even I'm impressed just posting it!!:D

:confused: I too have had the absentee TA. If I don't prompt her, she seems lost in space. "Tuggers" who's your TA? I'm not adverse to change.

:p We've already booked our September, 2006 cruise but I'm willing to try someone else next time. When she emails me our itinerary there's always a mistake.

:rolleyes: Last time I called guest relations at Celebrity and got our dining time changed myself because my TA had us at the late seating and I wanted early! The TA said, :( "no way, it's too late to change it!"

:) I believe "it's never too late!"

Waiting to Cruise,

The Wizard

As the other posters have said in this forum and in many others a good TA is an invaluable resource. Mine is so fantastic that when he ask me to marry him, I said YES!!! :)

Hello Hastingsbrass

Saw your home locale - any recommended restaurants, places to visit CLOSE to Metrotown Hilton? We're staying there in early June for 1 nite pre-cruise but arrive in early pm. We've been to Gastown, Yaletown before. Nice city.

Thanks

Close to Metrotown Hilton there are a few casual eateries along Kingsway. If you are looking for attractions in Burnaby, my highest reccommendation would be the Burnaby Village Museum, lots of fantastic heritage buildings and a vintage carousel. I'm sure you are aware that Metrowtown/Metropolis is the largest shopping center west of the rockies. so that is always worth checking out. I'm not sure what your budget is for dinner, but if you are looking for a true dining experience I would suggest the Hart House Restaurant which is near Burnaby city hall and also near the Burnaby Village Museum.

http://www.harthouserestaurant.com/index.html

http://www.city.burnaby.bc.ca/cityhall/departments/departments_parks/prksrc_fclts/prksrc_fclts_brnbyv.html

http://metropolis.shopping.ca/cambridge/jsp3/index_flash.jsp?mallid=met

Enjoy your cruise, hope these tips help :)

Archived