FCC Currency

Ronin23

Currently have an 11 night booked for the Equinox in October which I am fully expecting not to go ahead, in any case being in Australia can’t see flights getting me there anyway so all likely will need to cancel, if the line doesn’t do it for me before final payment. 

I booked this cruise through a US agent which obviously means the booking is in USD and any FCC that comes back to me will be in USD.

if I book another cruise through Celebrity in Australia which will be in AUD....how is this FCC applied, is it just converted to whatever currently the new booking is made in?

4 hours ago, Ronin23 said:

Currently have an 11 night booked for the Equinox in October which I am fully expecting not to go ahead, in any case being in Australia can’t see flights getting me there anyway so all likely will need to cancel, if the line doesn’t do it for me before final payment. 

I booked this cruise through a US agent which obviously means the booking is in USD and any FCC that comes back to me will be in USD.

if I book another cruise through Celebrity in Australia which will be in AUD....how is this FCC applied, is it just converted to whatever currently the new booking is made in?

Yes.   It will move to AUD at the interbank exchange rate at the taste you use the FCC with probably a 2% charge.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ronin23 said:

I would not trust what 'might' happen.  Canadian here and I had FCC (USD) with NCL, because original was booked in USD (travel buddy did the first booking and wasn't thinking) and when I went to use the FCC again through NCL I wanted to do the booking in CAD (as I've done other times) and they seemed unsure how to alter the FCC to CAD to apply, she went and checked with someone and came back to say they can't do that (yet) so I let it go and accepted the booking in US again. 

Celebrity certainly could be ahead of the game on this one but just saying this is something I would validate myself by talking to Celebrity or hearing from someone here that has specifically done this in Australia through a TA.   I don't think you would lose value either way, they either have the means in the system to convert to AUD or they force the booking to be in USD again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poffles said:

I would not trust what 'might' happen.  Canadian here and I had FCC (USD) with NCL, because original was booked in USD (travel buddy did the first booking and wasn't thinking) and when I went to use the FCC again through NCL I wanted to do the booking in CAD (as I've done other times) and they seemed unsure how to alter the FCC to CAD to apply, she went and checked with someone and came back to say they can't do that (yet) so I let it go and accepted the booking in US again. 

Celebrity certainly could be ahead of the game on this one but just saying this is something I would validate myself by talking to Celebrity or hearing from someone here that has specifically done this in Australia through a TA.   I don't think you would lose value either way, they either have the means in the system to convert to AUD or they force the booking to be in USD again.

I cancelled my Rome cruise for May 30th which was booked in Canadian currency. My deposit was a reduced one for $125 which is now a FCC. All else was returned to my Visa card. However I noted the credit is in USD which is fine by me as it's worth slightly more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I cancelled my Rome cruise for May 30th which was booked in Canadian currency. My deposit was a reduced one for $125 which is now a FCC. All else was returned to my Visa card. However I noted the credit is in USD which is fine by me as it's worth slightly more.

Sometimes 'we' win.  Mine was a bit of a wash since it was always USD but I realized it is best left as such given the CAD is not at it's best conversion right now so fine with me too and at least it is not open to currency movement (like our dollar going down more). 🙂

24 minutes ago, poffles said:

Sometimes 'we' win.  Mine was a bit of a wash since it was always USD but I realized it is best left as such given the CAD is not at it's best conversion right now so fine with me too and at least it is not open to currency movement (like our dollar going down more). 🙂

Agreed. I just won a dispute with my bank in canada over a hotel room I cancelled for march 14th.  You have to be persistent it's our hard earned money. 

• Like 1