Anyone else receive refund but not FCC???

This is so embarrassing that my first post is to ask if anyone else is in a similar situation as me and received their refund, but not their FCC???  Canceled 6 weeks ago, received refund 2 weeks ago, but nothing in terms of FCC.  I would think that would be the easier one to process, but more importantly, why weren't they done at the same time (assuming processing is being done manually)?  I have a new cruise booked for 2021 and want to apply that FCC!  I've read through the threads about refunds, but haven't found anyone in my situation 😞

Just now, RDW425 said:

I've read through the threads about refunds, but haven't found anyone in my situation

Welcome to CC.

If you read enough, you'll find that there's no pattern to this - any combinations of scenarios is possible, including yours.

1 minute ago, RDW425 said:

This is so embarrassing that my first post is to ask if anyone else is in a similar situation as me and received their refund, but not their FCC???  Canceled 6 weeks ago, received refund 2 weeks ago, but nothing in terms of FCC.  I would think that would be the easier one to process, but more importantly, why weren't they done at the same time (assuming processing is being done manually)?  I have a new cruise booked for 2021 and want to apply that FCC!  I've read through the threads about refunds, but haven't found anyone in my situation 😞

We're in the same boat (pun thoroughly intended). We received full refunds on our May 17 cruise, and taxes and fees refunds on our cancelled March and April cruises. We received FCCs on the March and April cruises, but we cancelled those before the suspension in March. We're waiting on the FCCs for three July cruises and a September cruise. Talked with the D+ desk yesterday to move a Visa OBC, and asked them about FCCs. The response was that they were processing those chronologically, and were still doing the May and June cancellations.

April Harmony cruises were cancelled by Royal end of March and we received the FCC 10 days ago, followed by the email that they had been calculated wrong and the FCC was applied by Royal to our new cruises today. Emails (to each person in booking) shows a table with booking, name, credit number and amount.  We still haven't received the refund of taxes/fees and had to pay these on the new cruises.  Got the Cruise Planner credits last week.

If you get the email you can apply the credits directly without using your TA.  On the page where you log into the cruise there is a link that says "Apply your future cruise credit now" that allows you to enter the credit numbers.  And, after calling Royal to apply Cruise Planner Credits the link also works for that (at least is said it was successful although mine haven't showed up in the Planner yet).

Thanks everyone for info so far!  I'm now wondering if anyone has received their FCC for cruises they canceled themselves.  (I had an August Oasis sailing out of Cape Liberty, so went ahead and canceled).  I got the refund but not the FCC from the deposit.  

1 hour ago, joshgates said:

Yeah.  I canceled one for July a little after final payment (was waiting for Delta to update their policies).  I got the refund portion last week and just waiting on the FCC for the rest.

Sounds like we are in the same situation.

I cancelled on March 13th I received the refund on April 24th. I contact RC by email and they stated that I didn’t cancel the cruise until March 25th (I presume that’s the day they processed their end). In the end it took 3 phone calls to receive my FCC. I never received any email and if I did want it by email I would need to email in to receive it. In the end a really helpfully representative gave me the code over the phone.

49 minutes ago, RDW425 said:

I'm now wondering if anyone has received their FCC for cruises they canceled themselves. 

Others have reported this - as mentioned in the post above, call, you likely already have the FCC; the e-mail just never made it to you.

36 minutes ago, gdwest said:

I cancelled our cruise (before final payment) mid-March. I received most of my refund late April. I still haven't

received any email regarding the FCC.

Same scenario here.  We did call a couple of times about the FCC since we wanted to apply it to another cruise and got different answers on when we would receive it.  Just that it is in process.  And they did not offer to give us the code over the phone to apply that way.  They just said we would get an email with it.

I got fcc weeks ago for April but not refund for taxes and fees.

I got full refund for may 17.

Just need taxes and fees for april 26. I did contact me button last Thursday but if I dont hear in a week I'll either call or do contact me button again.

Most of my roll call waiting on something from april 26th. They must really have that date in a mess. Some got 5 pieces of refund, need the 6th etc.

Lol one person got 43 cents no idea what for.

Edited by firefly333

We had two rooms booked on the Mariner in April.  When the cruise was cancelled, I received an email asking if I wanted a refund for my cruise planner items, or 125% credit for cruise planner items on a future cruise.  I opted for the 125% credit.  A few weeks later I received a very detailed email listing all of my cruise planner items and the credit cards I had used to pay each item, stating I would be receiving refunds via the card I used to pay each.  I didn't want to argue about it so I left it at that. 

I purchased my cruise planner items for my next scheduled cruise, as they were having a pretty good sale, and waited for the refunds.  This weekend I received emails stating I have 125% credit coming for each of the items I purchased for the Mariner.  The prices have now gone way up in cruise planner for the next booked cruise, so cancelling and rebooking it not a good option.

I have yet to receive the FCC for the Mariner cruise.  Each time my travel agent calls they tell him it will be a few more days, or a few more weeks, or maybe by the end of the month.

I have not received a thing with regard to port fees and taxes, nor have I received any documentation regarding the refund of my prepaid gratuities.   

I know this is no one's fault; however, I am beyond frustrated.

We had two rooms booked on the Mariner in April.  When the cruise was cancelled, I received an email asking if I wanted a refund for my cruise planner items, or 125% credit for cruise planner items on a future cruise.  I opted for the 125% credit.  A few weeks later I received a very detailed email listing all of my cruise planner items and the credit cards I had used to pay each item, stating I would be receiving refunds via the card I used to pay each.  I didn't want to argue about it so I left it at that. 

I purchased my cruise planner items for my next scheduled cruise, as they were having a pretty good sale, and waited for the refunds.  This weekend I received emails stating I have 125% credit coming for each of the items I purchased for the Mariner.  The prices have now gone way up in cruise planner for the next booked cruise, so cancelling and rebooking it not a good option.

I have yet to receive the FCC for the Mariner cruise.  Each time my travel agent calls they tell him it will be a few more days, or a few more weeks, or maybe by the end of the month.

I have not received a thing with regard to port fees and taxes, nor have I received any documentation regarding the refund of my prepaid gratuities.   

I know this is no one's fault; however, I am beyond frustrated.

I have not received my 25% FCC for a June Alaska cruise that RCL cancelled over a month ago. I also moved that cruise to August so I’m wondering if that gets cancelled would I get another 25% FCC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums