Carnival postpones its millionaire investment of the Carnival Victory/Carnival Radiance

shof515

I found this article. it is in Spanish . If you use google chrome, it can auto translate the article: https://www.lavozdigital.es/cadiz/provincia/lvdi-carnival-aplaza-inversion-millonaria-para-resucitar-victory-puerto-real-202005182204_noticia.html

In the article, it says that Carnival has no intention of spending million of dollars for the  work to the ship

Harrumph.  Harrumph I say!

We're scheduled on the Radiance in early December: Southern Carib itin out of Port Canaveral.

I'm pretty sure the cabin we booked was there on the Victory.  What I want to know is whether Carnival is going to just delay the refurb/upgrades for a year or more and return Victory to service, or just park her semi-permanently and cancel all booked cruises for now.

Oh well, might be yet another thing to re-plan thanks to COVID-19.  All my other personal and business travel has been on hiatus for months now.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

42 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Thanks for translating that article. It appears that this article is an op-ed, with no definitive statements from Carnival about the proposed refurbishment, or lack thereof. Has Carnival made any statements or press release to verify the op-eds claim?

• Like 1

Maybe a paint job?? That picture wasn't too flattering.

The dominos are falling a bit. Seems as if big investments may not be in the cards at this point. Hope it doesn't hit the new builds as well as that will spell more disaster. They may not be saying much but actions like this tell us a fair bit of what is going on behind the scenes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Thanks for translating that article. It appears that this article is an op-ed, with no definitive statements from Carnival about the proposed refurbishment, or lack thereof. Has Carnival made any statements or press release to verify the op-eds claim?

Carnival has been the most transparent of all the major companies but they are all holding their cards very close to their chest and not saying or doing more than they need to .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

No

Heald stated today that Carnival plans to start the remodel once allowed but I said on another post weeks ago that I doubt it will be completed and I still think it was very unlikely Carnival will putout any capital expenditures while they have no income.  I would bet that Carnival will scrap the project and maybe the ship. All new constructions are very unlikely for the new decade. 

I was looking at either the 9 or 14 day on radiance oct or nov 2021 partial panama

I wonder if price will drop? It's a little more than I want to pay for a solo cruise. None of the other partial panama dates work for me.

They are behind on mardi gras. Only so much they can catch up on since the ship yards shut march 16 and opening with smaller crews.

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Heald stated today that Carnival plans to start the remodel once allowed but I said on another post weeks ago that I doubt it will be completed and I still think it was very unlikely Carnival will putout any capital expenditures while they have no income.  I would bet that Carnival will scrap the project and maybe the ship. All new constructions are very unlikely for the new decade. 

They are not scrapping any ship

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

I highly doubt they would scrap a conquest class ship lol. 

8 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I highly doubt they would scrap a conquest class ship lol. 

Not that it matters but it's not a conquest class ship, its pre conquest. Some changes when conquest came out. I did triumph a few times, but conquest was better.

Still woildnt be scrapped but I'm wondering what will actually sail out of Galveston if I book it for panama. Is it in the shipyard partially done, can it sail as it's old self, what would I be booking. I'd like the new food venues and be disappointed to book and not get them. 

Such uncertain times for cruise booking.