Alaska

foxnan

i have two cruises , back to back , on Celebrity starting Aug 14th.  Anyone have any word on wether this is going to happen.  We leave out of 

Vancouver which is still closed.

5 minutes ago, foxnan said:

i have two cruises , back to back , on Celebrity starting Aug 14th.  Anyone have any word on wether this is going to happen.  We leave out of 

As discussed. There is no possibility of any cruises out of Vancouver until next year.  BC has banned gatherings of more than 50 people.  

23 minutes ago, foxnan said:

Post back if Celebrity cancels your cruise or not. I'm guessing you've paid your finial payment by now.

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Post back if Celebrity cancels your cruise or not. I'm guessing you've paid your finial payment by now.

Oh ya!   Lots of $$.  On post saus Vancouver is done for the year.  Not sure of this as Celebrity has reservations still going in July.

Currebtly Vancouver is closed till July 1.

4 minutes ago, foxnan said:

Then why is Celebrity still taking Alaska booking out of Vancouer starting July?

Money, money, money...We have a cruise booked for September out of Vancouver. Our final payment date is June. I fully expect Celebrity will not be cancelling the cruise before our pay final payment due date. Like your August cruise. Celebrity will wait approximately 30 prior to the sail date before making the decision to cancel. 

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Money, money, money...We have a cruise booked for September out of Vancouver. Our final payment date is June. I fully expect Celebrity will not be cancelling the cruise before our pay final payment due date. Like your August cruise. Celebrity will wait approximately 30 prior to the sail date before making the decision to cancel. 

Kind of what  I'm thinking.  But this doesn't fit in with other posts that said the port is already closed.  I can not find this of the ports web site.  Only closed till end of June.

7 minutes ago, foxnan said:

Kind of what  I'm thinking.  But this doesn't fit in with other posts that said the port is already closed.  I can not find this of the ports web site.  Only closed till end of June.

The ports are currently closed. Has nothing top do with cruise lines selling future cruises. 

Edited by davekathy

I don't think the ports per se are "officially" closed - meaning, there is no written or spoken word that I've heard of that says those exact words as regards cruise ships.  However, one can certainly infer that based on other announcements such as the one posted above.

Edited by phoenix_dream

13 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I don't think the ports per se are "officially" closed - meaning, there is no written or spoken word that I've heard of that says those exact words as regards cruise ships.  However, one can certainly infer that based on other announcements such as the one posted above.

All Canadian ports are closed to cruise ships until July 1, by federal government order. It doesn't get much more official than that. That will be reassessed prior to July 1 to determine whether or not to extend the closure. 

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/bulletins-2020-05-eng.htm 

10 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

All Canadian ports are closed to cruise ships until July 1, by federal government order. It doesn't get much more official than that. That will be reassessed prior to July 1 to determine whether or not to extend the closure. 

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/bulletins-2020-05-eng.htm 

Yes, I was referring to dates beyond that.  Sorry - I wasn't clear

1 hour ago, katrina915 said:

My cruise is Aug 21 and I am cancelling before final payment in a few days.  Just debating to get $500 FCC for nonrefundable deposit or put on Alaska cruise for next year before the prices go up with the pent up demand.

Unfortunately next years Alaska cruises are already through the roof.  Several thousand dollars more than I'm paying now.  At least  the 125% FFC will take out some of the sting.

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

Yes, I was referring to dates beyond that.  Sorry - I wasn't clear

Ah, in that case, you will need to wait until the reassessment is conducted and a decision made with respect to extending the ban. There are other factors at play at both the federal and provincial level, however, that will have an influence on cruising, whether or not the ports are open. For example, BC's official restart plan has four phases. Opening the province to international tourism falls within Phase Four, with the date to be determined. As Phase Three last until September, it's unlikely that Phase Four will be implemented in time to allow Alaskan cruises this year.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I understand that you are doing a b2b, but the train and road from the cruise terminal to Anchorage is closed.

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Denali-Park-Road-closed-to-recreational-access-effectively-immediately-Park-officials-say-569627751.html

The Denali Park Road is within Denali National Park well north of Anchorage and is now open. The road from Anchorage to Seward is the Seward Highway which is definitely open. It provides vital access to the Kenai peninsula. Alaska remains shuttered to interstate and international travellers, but the locals are having a blast this year enjoying the state tourist free.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/15/856171287/while-the-tourists-are-away-alaskans-will-play

Also, the Alaska Railroad is planning to resume some operations July 1. https://www.alaskarailroad.com/passenger-information

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxnan said:

Unfortunately next years Alaska cruises are already through the roof.  Several thousand dollars more than I'm paying now.  At least  the 125% FFC will take out some of the sting.

We just switched out our August 21, 2020 for next year, same ship, same price, same ports, perks. You could always take them up on that offer. Our TA got it switched quickly and only a slight difference in cabins.

6 minutes ago, foxnan said:

That's great.  I should be so lucky.  I  just looked at next year on Celbrity site, very high for same cat room.

Prices raised on purpose to negate and wash away the “deal” that many foolish people fell for over taking a cash refund ..... 

4 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Prices raised on purpose to negate and wash away the “deal” that many foolish people fell for over taking a cash refund .....