Will Arcadia do world cruise Jan 2021?

Malcolm142

16 hours ago, Clodia said:

I'm on the first half of this, Southampton to Sydney with a friend. We are planning to pay, take the FCC and transfer the booking to 2022 or 2023.

Just wondering what you will do if at final balance time, P&O have not cancelled? Will you just transfer to another cruise under the flexible arrangements they are currently offering - assuming they are still on offer then?

That is one of our thoughts in paying the balance in September only for it to be cancelled after we have paid.

ATM the cost of SanFran leg of world cruise in 2022(Aurora) is a few hundred pounds more for a deluxe balcony even with a 125% credit on 2021 cruise. 2023 price not yet available .

Although I have been to SanFran several times my OH has not and we wanted to have a week there at the end of the cruise before flying back.

Decision time for us will be 18th Sept. I will not be keen for us to have £7.5k lodged with P&O for one or two years

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

The big game changer is if this 20 minute detection test works. This could allow pre-boarding and post-excursion testing.

So what happens if pax test positive in foreign ports?

P&O would have to notify the port authorities, and make provision for the quarantining and treatment for those affected, and probably face the fact that future ports on the itinerary will deny visiting.

• Like 1

I think

8 hours ago, jake 26 said:

So what happens if pax test positive in foreign ports?

P&O would have to notify the port authorities, and make provision for the quarantining and treatment for those affected, and probably face the fact that future ports on the itinerary will deny visiting.

Reading a number of articles, cruise ships seem to be planning to have quarantine areas on board when the resume. Whether that is a selection of cabins in one part of the ship or in the medical centre, who knows.

15 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I think

Reading a number of articles, cruise ships seem to be planning to have quarantine areas on board when the resume. Whether that is a selection of cabins in one part of the ship or in the medical centre, who knows.

Interesting.  I read on BBC that in Austria, new arrivals into the country can be exempted from quarantine if they pass a while u wait Covid test.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:58 AM, Britboys said:

Just wondering what you will do if at final balance time, P&O have not cancelled? Will you just transfer to another cruise under the flexible arrangements they are currently offering - assuming they are still on offer then?

Sorted today with my TA; they will transfer the booking to 2022 to as similar itinerary as possible; even offered an upgrade as incentive.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Clodia said:

Sorted today with my TA; they will transfer the booking to 2022 to as similar itinerary as possible; even offered an upgrade as incentive.

That seems a good result for you. At the moment there doesn't seem to be a similar itinerary to mine in 2022 showing on the website but I might contact my TA just in case.