Not sure which CC to request reverse charges from...?

TriumphGuy

We are well past the 60 day time frame we were told it would take for a refund to be made to our credit card. I am about to begin the process of contacting my CC company, but I'm a bit confused because we used two cards to pay for the cruise.

We paid for the cruise portion in full last November with Discover. In January we paid for the airfare (through FlightEase) on our Amex card. The Discover card amount is the larger amount but the Amex card was the last one used.

Which one should I contact? Both?

It's further complicated because we agreed to a 50% refund and 50% FCC. So the total amount to be refunded to a card would be about $3100. The amount charged on the Amex card was about $2400.

Our TA rep told us they typically refund to the last card used. Will they credit an amount greater than what was placed on the card?

Any thoughts?

You'll have to contact each card for each portion.  And I don't believe you're TA is correct in telling you that the cruise line will refund to the last card used - they will refund to whatever form of payment was used for each charge.

• Like 2

But if HAL is giving you a 50% refund, they will be contacting the credit card.  Why would you have to do so?  I am probably misunderstanding you, but if you are contacting the credit card co. to dispute a charge, I thought that "disputes" usually involved the entire charge.

The credit card I used for deposits includes the cruise booking number in the details of the charge.  If yours does the same it makes it easier to figure out.  It was available on old statements when I needed to figure it out.

I had charges on 3 cards for an Alaskan cruise.

I contacted all 3 cards separately. One card (Chase) has already resolved the dispute.

Citibank has asked me for additional information.

American Express provided me with a a conditional credit (all 3 cards did), but HAL made a refund to that card (for 2 beverage packages).

Airfare should have already been refunded to HAL and they should have refunded you.  American Express will take care of that for you now.  Airlines have been really good about refunds so it is unfortunate that HAL has not refunded this to you.  Cherie