Suspension of Sailings extended through July 31

suzyluvs2cruise

At this mornings Business Conference Call with RCCL executives it was announced that the Suspension of Sailings date will be extended through July 31 with a formal announcement this afternoon. 

From the meeting "Royal just announced suspension of sailings through 7/31/20 with the exception of their China routes; per today’s investor call. Also, it would appear they will look to a gradual restart leveraging their largest ships as they can operate them at 30% capacity to reach a break-even point versus their older smaller ships that would require a 50% break-even point. A formal press release on this is forthcoming."

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

May 20, 2020

We hope that amid this global pandemic, you have remained healthy and safe. We are facing truly unprecedented times as the coronavirus pandemic continues to have unexpected consequences on our communities and businesses. However, we remain optimistic that each day that passes is another day closer to less uncertainty, more recoveries, and getting back to regular day-to-day. 

After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on-or-before July 31st, 2020. 

Regrettably, that means, the following sailings will be cancelled:

Azamara Quest®

Sail Date

Embark Port

Debark Port

18-Jun-2020

Stockholm, Sweden

Stockholm, Sweden

8-Jul-2020

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

26-Jul-2020

Copenhagen, Denmark

Stockholm, Sweden

Azamara Journey®

Sail Date

Embark Port

Debark Port

20-Jun-2020

Barcelona, Spain

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 

27-Jun-2020

Venice, Italy

7-Jul-2020

Venice, Italy

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

18-Jul-2020

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Azamara PursuitSM

Sail Date

Embark Port

Debark Port

23-Jun-2020

Copenhagen, Denmark

Dublin, Ireland

6-Jul-2020

Dublin, Ireland

Southampton, England

20-Jul-2020

Southampton, England

Southampton, England

We are terribly sorry. This is disappointing for all of us. But know, your health, safety, and well-being are our top priorities and we remain committed to continuing to do our part in the global efforts to further contain the spread of this illness. 

For more information, please refer to our "Global Cruising Suspension Extension" on our website: https://www.azamara.com/int/cruising-suspension

Edited by BBMacLaird
Added the URL for more information
  • Like 1

Just now, BBMacLaird said:

May 20, 2020

We hope that amid this global pandemic, you have remained healthy and safe. We are facing truly unprecedented times as the coronavirus pandemic continues to have unexpected consequences on our communities and businesses. However, we remain optimistic that each day that passes is another day closer to less uncertainty, more recoveries, and getting back to regular day-to-day. 

After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on-or-before July 31st, 2020. 

Regrettably, that means, the following sailings will be cancelled:

Azamara Quest®

Sail Date

Embark Port

Debark Port

18-Jun-2020

Stockholm, Sweden

Stockholm, Sweden

8-Jul-2020

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

26-Jul-2020

Copenhagen, Denmark

Stockholm, Sweden

Azamara Journey®

Sail Date

Embark Port

Debark Port

20-Jun-2020

Barcelona, Spain

27-Jun-2020

Venice, Italy

7-Jul-2020

Venice, Italy

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

18-Jul-2020

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Azamara PursuitSM

Sail Date

Embark Port

Debark Port

23-Jun-2020

Copenhagen, Denmark

Dublin, Ireland

6-Jul-2020

Dublin, Ireland

Southampton, England

20-Jul-2020

Southampton, England

Southampton, England

We are terribly sorry. This is disappointing for all of us. But know, your health, safety, and well-being are our top priorities and we remain committed to continuing to do our part in the global efforts to further contain the spread of this illness. 

Thanks for the official announcement Bonnie.  Disappointing for sure for many of us. 

• Like 1

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks for the official announcement Bonnie.  Disappointing for sure for many of us. 

Guests, and TAs of booked Guests, will receive letters today with the specifics. 

I too am sad, for all parties. But always better to be safe. 

• Like 2

Bonnie,

We were on a B2B  - June 11 French Intensive and June 20 Islands of the Western Med.   Even though we have traveled in France, Spain and Italy, and cruised in the Mediterranean, these 2 cruises together were going to provide us with the chance to visit a few old favorites and explore lots of new ones.   The June 20 cruise was especially appealing, but since it was only 7 days, it was great to add the prior cruise and see more of Provence.  So yes, very disappointing, and there's nothing comparable on Azamara's schedule.

So, might I suggest that when Azamara starts planning for 2022-3 that they give some consideration to these (among other) cancelled itineraries.   

Thanks.

• Like 4

I agree that the planned 2021 itineraries have nothing to compare with our cancelled June 4th and June 11th 2020 cruises.  What good is a FCC if the itineraries are not appealing.  Have been looking a Oceania and they seem to have some possibilities.  We only want to cruise in the Mediterranean or Northern Europe.  We love Viking (and friends have had exemplary refunds etc) but do not like their repeat itineraries.    In these difficult times, Azamara need to offer something extra, especially since many of us regulars are not impressed with their current erratic performance and lack of management visibility.

• Like 3

My TA phoned me this morning to discuss my options now that our July 8 cruise out of Oslo is cancelled. Within 30 minutes we had transferred to another cruise with Azamara out of Singapore March 2022, with all complimentary night allowances. The difference in price between this 2022 cruise and the cancelled one has been credited to our (previously-booked) cruise from Cape Town in March 2021. (We even secured exactly the same state room!) 
I was anticipating a bureaucratic nightmare, but our TA had Dawn (Azamara, Wichita) on the 'phone whilst we made all the new arrangements.

• Like 4

...with us Lift & Shift did not work, as AZ insists that the flights cannot be moved.

It´s ridiculous: They cancelled and so they will have to refund this year´s flights. Our TA called them this morning and they told her: It´s either lift & shift and your guests pay for flights we have to cancel (btw. the airline states that all flights given the current situation can be changed complimentary 14 days before departure)  and again for the fligths next year - or get a full refund - including the flights....

...still scratching my head in disbelief.

10 hours ago, the mice said:

So, might I suggest that when Azamara starts planning for 2022-3 that they give some consideration to these (among other) cancelled itineraries.   

Thanks.

I will pass along your suggestion to our Itinerary Planners. Thank you.

3 hours ago, blag said:

My TA phoned me this morning to discuss my options now that our July 8 cruise out of Oslo is cancelled. Within 30 minutes we had transferred to another cruise with Azamara out of Singapore March 2022, with all complimentary night allowances. The difference in price between this 2022 cruise and the cancelled one has been credited to our (previously-booked) cruise from Cape Town in March 2021. (We even secured exactly the same state room!) 
I was anticipating a bureaucratic nightmare, but our TA had Dawn (Azamara, Wichita) on the 'phone whilst we made all the new arrangements.

Good to hear that worked for you. It appears they're being flexible with the dates and not holding to the +/- 4 weeks from original sail date. 

22 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Good to hear that worked for you. It appears they're being flexible with the dates and not holding to the +/- 4 weeks from original sail date. 

Hi

I don't know whether it was really a 'Lift and Shift'. I say this because the price of the new cruise was not pegged. I paid the asking price for the 2022 cruise, but my complimentary nights were transferred.

The original cruise was 18 days, the new, 16. Same stateroom category, but sailing date well out of the 11<months<13 time window. 

Just a transfer of booking with some monetary juggling.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, kennymosk said:

can one combine your fcc credit and the lift and shift if anyone knows??thansk 

From FAQ on website

It looks to be an either/or . Not combinable.

• If I choose to “lift and shift” and reschedule my sailing to next year, can I change my mind and get the FCC or a refund?"

Unfortunately, no. If you reschedule your sailing to next year, you are no longer eligible to receive the 125% FCC or refund.

Thanks Bonnie.  Our July cruise canceled but we are also booked on a 2nd cruise this year.      ( Dubai).  We would love to keep that itinerary but at a future date.  Unfortunately, it is not offered in 2021.    I know that everything is in turmoil now… But any idea when later date itineraries will be released?  

2 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

Thanks Bonnie.  Our July cruise canceled but we are also booked on a 2nd cruise this year.      ( Dubai).  We would love to keep that itinerary but at a future date.  Unfortunately, it is not offered in 2021.    I know that everything is in turmoil now… But any idea when later date itineraries will be released?  

Later 2022 will hopefully be released in July 

9 hours ago, blag said:

Hi

I don't know whether it was really a 'Lift and Shift'. I say this because the price of the new cruise was not pegged. I paid the asking price for the 2022 cruise, but my complimentary nights were transferred.

The original cruise was 18 days, the new, 16. Same stateroom category, but sailing date well out of the 11<months<13 time window. 

Just a transfer of booking with some monetary juggling.

Glad it has worked out well for you!

A pity those options were not offered on earlier cancellations . . . but that is past . . .

Lift and shift I believe applies to cruises that have not been cancelled by Azamara as yours had been, so as you say, technically not a lift and shift, but an excellent TA working to assist you, while at the same time maintaining a satisfied customer. ☺️

7 hours ago, kennymosk said:

can one combine your fcc credit and the lift and shift if anyone knows??thansk 

I read that you are asking can you use FCC that you already have on another cruise that you lift & shift.

I don't see why not, but would check with your TA or Azamara for clarification.

We are contemplating that scenario . . . FCC we already have to be applied to a future (already booked) cruise after lift & shift from this year to next year.

7 hours ago, combine said:

From FAQ on website

It looks to be an either/or . Not combinable.

• If I choose to “lift and shift” and reschedule my sailing to next year, can I change my mind and get the FCC or a refund?"

Unfortunately, no. If you reschedule your sailing to next year, you are no longer eligible to receive the 125% FCC or refund.

The answer above from Q&A is for change of mind after rescheduling this year's cruise to next year.

6 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Lift and shift I believe applies to cruises that have not been cancelled by Azamara as yours had been, so as you say, technically not a lift and shift, but an excellent TA working to assist you, while at the same time maintaining a satisfied customer. ☺️

The email received on wednesday for our now  3rd cancelled cruise by Azamara lists three options.

Future cruise credit of 125%

Move the booking to 2021 (lift and shift) 
100% Cash refund.

I was surprised that the Lift and Shift was offered as I too thought that it only applied to cruises cancelled by guests. But it is now an option in my email and a decision has to be made by 10 June for that option.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I read that you are asking can you use FCC that you already have on another cruise that you lift & shift.

oops...Isn't it strange how we all read something different in a question.🤭

I thought @kennymosk wanted to know if they could take the fcc and lift and shift from a recently cancelled cruise. I hadnt thought about the option of them already having a fcc.

7 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Glad it has worked out well for you!

A pity those options were not offered on earlier cancellations . . .  ☺️

I agree those with the May cancellations still to get anything back might have given Azamara a more secure commitment to being with them in the future 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, combine said:

The email received on wednesday for our now  3rd cancelled cruise by Azamara lists three options.

Future cruise credit of 125%

Move the booking to 2021 (lift and shift) 
100% Cash refund.

I was surprised that the Lift and Shift was offered as I too thought that it only applied to cruises cancelled by guests. But it is now an option in my email and a decision has to be made by 10 June for that option.

That is an eminently sensible inclusion! Not only does it give you three choices, but it should also ease the drain on the company's cash reserves.

Wish it had been included as an option much earlier, as we most certainly would have used it and avoided much angst.

2 hours ago, combine said:

oops...Isn't it strange how we all read something different in a question.🤭

I thought @kennymosk wanted to know if they could take the fcc and lift and shift from a recently cancelled cruise. I hadnt thought about the option of them already having a fcc.

I guess I thought about it as we have FCC from one of the earliest cancellations and are looking to move a cruise from later this year to next year, as we don't think we will be able to get out of Australia before the end of 2020.