Majestic Princess Refunds

Cruise 8005 Syd-Sg was terminated on Feb 22 at Fremantle and many of us had to find our own way home or to wherever at our own expense which Princess suggested would be refunded when claimed later with receipts.

Has anyone so affected yet received their refund from Princess for the expense of additional flights/accommodation, etc ?

We lodged our refund claim on Mar 11 after returning home and not a word from Princess since.     Phone calls to their 'call center' were fruitless.  

39 minutes ago, rowrow said:

Cruise 8005 Syd-Sg was terminated on Feb 22 at Fremantle and many of us had to find our own way home or to wherever at our own expense which Princess suggested would be refunded when claimed later with receipts.

Has anyone so affected yet received their refund from Princess for the expense of additional flights/accommodation, etc ?

We lodged our refund claim on Mar 11 after returning home and not a word from Princess since.     Phone calls to their 'call center' were fruitless.  

I would try the princess forum.

Most cruise lines are giving refunds during a three month period. Our Azamara cruise was terminated early also in March, and we have just received our cruise refund recently, two months later. Be patient, and don't become too alarmed if it takes the full three month period for the refund to arrive.

We are still waiting on the refund for our cruise on the Sun Princess in April that was booked through our travel agent. Our return flights to Sydney were non refundable and our agent has also lodged a claim with Princess to refund the cost of the flights as well. Its been about 60 days since the refund was applied for but in the current circumstances with COVID19 its just a matter of being patient I would hope that we will receive the amounts owing in the next month or so.

10 hours ago, rowrow said:

I was on that cruise, last week I got a cheque for the balance left on our cruise card still no sign of the promised “out of pocket” my claim was 28 Feb, I wouldn’t waste my time calling.

Cheers Carole

This was posted on another platform earlier today from Princess......

REFUNDS UPDATE: We want you to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. As of Friday, May 15, we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our backlog. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. As we respect our guests' money and time, we have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process these refunds and we should be issuing at a faster rate beginning this week. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances.

12 hours ago, rowrow said:

I put in my claim on 27 February for reimbursement of flights home from Singapore to Brisbane when our cruise on Sapphire Princess was cancelled halfway through.   I have rung the call centre a couple of times now and finally found out last week after being given the run around that it was still "in the pile to be looked at".   This is extremely poor from Princess to not even have started processing it when next week will be the 90 day mark.   It is even more disappointing when you find out that other people on the same cruise living in the US and UK have had their claims paid.    Platitudes on their website about the refund process are meaningless and in my opinion just a way of fobbing us off yet again.   I am starting to think it is a liquidity issue and are now wondering what will come first - my refund or the bankruptcy of Princess.

1 hour ago, Fletch1 said:

REFUNDS UPDATE: We want you to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. As of Friday, May 15, we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our backlog. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. As we respect our guests' money and time, we have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process these refunds and we should be issuing at a faster rate beginning this week. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances.

Piffle.

13 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

BUT - what "Princess" was that making that statement - UK, US or Australia . My understanding is that there is no "Princess Australia" - there is just one office which handles all Carnival Corp business. I don't believe that I have heard from even one single Aussie who has received a refund of their FARE from any of the Carnival Corp brands!! 

32 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

BUT - what "Princess" was that making that statement - UK, US or Australia . My understanding is that there is no "Princess Australia" - there is just one office which handles all Carnival Corp business. I don't believe that I have heard from even one single Aussie who has received a refund of their FARE from any of the Carnival Corp brands!! 

I got my Refund on 16 th March (majestic) no problems there but very slow on the rest

Cheers  Carole

18 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

I got my Refund on 16 th March (majestic) no problems there but very slow on the rest

Cheers  Carole

Was that a full refund of the Fare? 

42 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Was that a full refund of the Fare? 

This was from (see first post) we got 50% refund, which was fair enough as we only had 

50% ofthe cruise

also got 50% FCC which was in our personalised by the time we got home.

Cheers Carole

11 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I believe it came from the USA. And I am also unsure if there is a separate "Princess" in different countries. 

We got a refund in March for our June 2020 cruise on the Island Princess. The refund was 100%, less the 2 X $100 deposit (so not quite 100%), which they gave us as a FCC. We have to the end of 2021 to use the 2 X $100 FCC. The (nearly) 100% refund was back on my credit card in about 3-4 weeks.  

Edited by Fletch1

On 5/21/2020 at 6:13 AM, rowrow said:

It takes time, we go off that cruise in Adelaide and received our refundable OBC last week, close to 120 days. This was money that would normally take around 2-4 weeks to refund, but due to all the demand for refunds and claims it is taking a lot longer. Now as for claims which normally would take closer to 6-8 weeks depending on the complexity, I would expect a bit more time, probably closer to 4-5 months. I have heard of some smaller claims being paid out already (from the roll call), but there are still many awaiting an email even to state their claim is being looked at.

Thank you for the reassurances.  At least we have a refund claim reference number which Princess offered after an earlier enquiry from us so it's in the system somewhere. 

We have had a Xmas 2020 cruise booked for some time so there'll be more fun and games with deposits paid and FCC to sort out after the expected cancellation of this cruise to Pac Is and Fiji.  At this stage Princess are suggesting it's still going ahead.

I came across this explanation of the refund issues by someone on another forum who works in the travel industry in the US (not a cruise line).

"Disbursing money also has a LOT of moving parts because everyone along the way places the same controls over money going out that they seldom if ever cap on money going in: permissions have to be given to return the money, processing gateways cap the size of batches, many financial institutions cap how much money can come out of an account in a day (based on volume NORMALLY processed by a merchant, which are exponentially higher now), and the merchant has to move money into that account to cover all the batches, which likely requires other financial transactions to free up or fund."

5 hours ago, rowrow said:

Thank you for the reassurances.  At least we have a refund claim reference number which Princess offered after an earlier enquiry from us so it's in the system somewhere. 

We have had a Xmas 2020 cruise booked for some time so there'll be more fun and games with deposits paid and FCC to sort out after the expected cancellation of this cruise to Pac Is and Fiji.  At this stage Princess are suggesting it's still going ahead.

We were on the same Majestic cruise which terminated early in Perth. I made a claim for out of pocket expenses on 28 March and received a reply from Princess on 16 April quoting a claim reference number. This advice was from the Princess office in Sydney. I am now waiting patiently but at least I know it's reached the right people. 

On 5/21/2020 at 11:53 PM, bazzaw said:

I believe it is the same in the uk - I think there are 2 offices  The main one is Carnival house southampton which is the main office for Carnival, Princess,  P&O  and Cunard.    They do not have a toll free number, they do not have online chat,  there is not a UK Princess FB   It seems they are nearly al working from home on reduced hours and

have now jumped at being able to say In accordance with ABTA guidance they have

up to 56 days to answer a query by email.

Our TA believes the refunds have to go through the US office and are then "farmed out" to the Uk for UK claims. Our operative s email is XXXXXX@ carnivalgroupuk.com  

This post puts another slant on who gets a refund when

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2741665-are-people-getting-the-refund-money-in-their-credit-card-accounts/page/106/?tab=comments&source=122648#comment-60006581

I am on the Aus site as we were on the Sea Princess Round Australia sail 10 March

so interested in how others on the cruise are doing with Refunds

Edited by Aulanis

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

I am on the Aus site as we were on the Sea Princess Round Australia sail 10 March

so interested in how others on the cruise are doing with Refunds

I am on a Sun Princess roll call that was scheduled to sail on the 15th April 20. I have not received my refund but there are posts from fellow RC members reporting they have received their refunds. I spoke with my TA yesterday and he stated that his inbox was full of refunds from Princess. The refunds appear to be processed by scheduled departure date. I am now more optimistic than I was previously. 🤞🤞

I applied on 18th March for Option 1 (FCCs) for a cruise on Golden Princess due to sail on 23rd March but cancelled by Princess on 12th March and have not heard anything back at all so I don't think they are processed in any order at all.  That makes it around 80 days for me.  Getting rather frustrated.

59 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I applied on 18th March for Option 1 (FCCs) for a cruise on Golden Princess due to sail on 23rd March but cancelled by Princess on 12th March and have not heard anything back at all so I don't think they are processed in any order at all.  That makes it around 80 days for me.  Getting rather frustrated.

Have you been to your cruise personaliser on the Princess Captain's Circle page? I had my FCCs listed there from a cancelled cruise due to sail on March 24. I wasn't sent any communication, the FCC was just listed there.