Do I have more chance getting a connecting stateroom over the phone?

We have looked at pretty much all dates which we can go on every deck and not 1 balcony stateroom is available for May 2021 😞

We'd love to book but really need connecting rooms. Am I wasting my time calling up to try and get one instead of trying to get one online. 

13 minutes ago, dltaeg said:

Am I wasting my time calling up to try and get one instead of trying to get one online. 

They have much better tools to look up something like that and the inventory you see online may not be the same they see when you call.

In order to promote the usage of their mobile apps, its quite common that they make some cool deals specifically for booking from mobile devices. I really hope that cruisecritic will have its app updated soon and have some hot deals in it for me to take. I am sure they will be funded by major players of the market  

5 hours ago, Roger88 said:

In order to promote the usage of their mobile apps, its quite common that they make some cool deals specifically for booking from mobile devices. I really hope that cruisecritic will have its app updated soon and have some hot deals in it for me to take. I am sure they will be funded by major players of the market  

I think you misunderstood the OP's question.  By "over the phone" they meant by voice calling and talking to a representative -- not just using their phone as an internet device.

15 hours ago, dltaeg said:

We have looked at pretty much all dates which we can go on every deck and not 1 balcony stateroom is available for May 2021 😞

We'd love to book but really need connecting rooms. Am I wasting my time calling up to try and get one instead of trying to get one online. 

What ship, what time frame, just a regular balcony or a suite? Should be easy to find.

15 hours ago, dltaeg said:

Yes, many end up unintentionally booking "connecting" staterooms (which they don't need) then complain about noise from the other cabin. Go figure

16 hours ago, dltaeg said:

If you are looking for connecting balconies with 2 in each room those have been reclassified to a CB category (Connecting balcony).

Have you tried selecting that you need 2 rooms.  They won’t show up unless you do as they need to be booked in pairs. 

7550F53E-1853-4C84-A651-53C53FE3C84F.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are looking for connecting balconies with 2 in each room those have been reclassified to a CB category (Connecting balcony).

Have you tried selecting that you need 2 rooms.  They won’t show up unless you do as they need to be booked in pairs. 

7550F53E-1853-4C84-A651-53C53FE3C84F.jpeg

Yeah, I always make sure the connecting staterooms option is on. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What ship, what time frame, just a regular balcony or a suite? Should be easy to find.

Its a balcony stateroom on the 28th of May on the Ovation of the seas. Its off to Alaska. We don't mind what deck either but I've not had any luck finding one 😞 

5 hours ago, dltaeg said:

Its a balcony stateroom on the 28th of May on the Ovation of the seas. Its off to Alaska. We don't mind what deck either but I've not had any luck finding one 😞 

There are all kinds available.  They are classed as connecting balconies.  All the other connecting pairs are a double occupancy and a quad occupancy which is why they show unavailable.

call Royal or a TA.  Their consumer website is not the best with some searches

Edited by Ourusualbeach