One night stay in Ft. Lauderdale

Looking for a one night pre-cruise stay at a comfortable motel in Ft. Lauderdale. Not looking for top of the line, and not the lowest either, a place with comfortable beds and decent amenities with either an one sight restaurant or some close by in walking distance for middle to senior age folks.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Our favorite place to stay pre-cruise in FLL is the Renaissance Cruiseport.     There is a very fine restaurant, The Boatyard, right across the parking lot.    You can get a decent points or Marriott rate at the hotel.   The restaurant is a tad pricey but worth every penny.    Another hotel in that area is the Embassy Suites on 17th.    Nice place too.

We haven't....yet. Is that what you'd recommend to located the motel (s) I just submitted those three words you mentioned and comes back with over 8,000 topics. Not what i'm looking to do.

Edited by DJLDRUMS
adding another comment
  • Like 1

I second the Renaissance hotel. It’s right across from the cruise port they have a shuttle I can’t remember how much it costs but it wasn’t expensive, you could also Uber it wouldn’t be expensive at all. I have stayed there twice prior to a cruise.  One time we walked to a shopping center where there was a Total Wine so you could pick up some bottles of wine there for your cruise and one time we took an Uber to Las Olas Boulevard where there are tons of bars and restaurants.

We drive down from central Florida and spend the night around Boca Raton or Pompano Beach, usually in Marriott properties.  A bit less busy than Fort Lauderdale and a drive of 30-45 minutes works out great with timing the morning of the cruise.

37 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Looking for a one night pre-cruise stay at a comfortable motel in Ft. Lauderdale. Not looking for top of the line, and not the lowest either, a place with comfortable beds and decent amenities with either an one sight restaurant or some close by in walking distance for middle to senior age folks.

I highly recommend Rodeway Inn.Our plane from NYC was delayed and we did not land until 11 PM .We missed the last shuttle.I called the hotel and the Manager said he would find someone to come to the airport to pick us up. About an hour later the guy arrived and offered to take us to a restaurant to get something to eat but we were physically and mentally exhausted.We checked in at 1:20AM.The Manager was there to greet us and personally took us to our room.It is the only hotel in Ft.Lauderdale we would ever go back to.Several of our friends have been there and all loved the hotel and how nice the staff was to them.

The embassy suites on 17th st is a great location.  Free breakfast buffet and free 2 hour happy hour every night.  Some great restaurants all in walking distance for a nice dinner.   I forget the name but one of must go to seafood places in that area is Kelly's landing.  Pretty sure that is their name.  Awesome prices with great fresh seafood.  Plus you can walk to shopping center behind hotel and go to total wine for your 2 bottles to take on ship if you like wine or pick up any last minute items at foodstore.

They have a very nice outdoor area with pool and hot tub and patio seating for bar and restaurant.

• Like 1

Hyatt Place (convention center location) off 17th street location just behind the embassy Suites and right next door to the Harbor Shopping plaza. Lot's of stores, restaurants and a Publix market. One of the favorite pre-cruise hotels to use. Great rates if you become a Hyatt member and book directly or you can book through Value Trips.

• Like 3

We almost always stay at the Dania Beach Springhill Suites. It is across the road from a shopping complex, but the parking lot has a Burger King. They have restaurants that deliver locally or a short walk to some in the shopping area, though my favorite restaurant is on the far end, maybe a mile. They have free breakfast and free pick up at the FLL airport and you can sign up for a free bus ( sometimes a van) to the cruise port. They are usually in the $150-200 range so a perfect precruise hotel.

For more luxury we stayed at the Embassy suites on 17th. Almost the same amenities as above except add a bar with happy hour and a nicer hotel/amenities ( better pool, hot breakfast). You just need a cab or Uber ($15ish from airport or port). In the $300ish or so range.

Happy hunting

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The embassy suites on 17th st is a great location.  Free breakfast buffet and free 2 hour happy hour every night.  Some great restaurants all in walking distance for a nice dinner.   I forget the name but one of must go to seafood places in that area is Kelly's landing.  Pretty sure that is their name.  Awesome prices with great fresh seafood.  Plus you can walk to shopping center behind hotel and go to total wine for your 2 bottles to take on ship if you like wine or pick up any last minute items at foodstore.

They have a very nice outdoor area with pool and hot tub and patio seating for bar and restaurant.

I agree, however the hotel has really raised their prices, there are other hotels that should be considered.

4 hours ago, JamesEM said:

I agree, however the hotel has really raised their prices, there are other hotels that should be considered.

Wow their prices for january 2021 did go up quite a bit.  We paid under $200 a night in jan 2020 but now $300.    There is definitely no shortage of hotels in that area.  Will have to check other prices on hotels.com site.

We usually stay at the Rhodway on 84th St. They have an on site restaurant, free breakfast, and free shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port. If you drive, they also have a package of free parking up o 10 days. Another option in the Ramada across the street, which has just been redone. They also have free port transportation to and from and airport also. They charge $10.00 per day parking, unlimited. They, too, have an on site restaurant and free breakfast. They aren't resorts, but offer clean rooms, and are perfect for 1 night.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

We usually stay at the Rhodway on 84th St. They have an on site restaurant, free breakfast, and free shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port. If you drive, they also have a package of free parking up o 10 days. Another option in the Ramada across the street, which has just been redone. They also have free port transportation to and from and airport also. They charge $10.00 per day parking, unlimited. They, too, have an on site restaurant and free breakfast. They aren't resorts, but offer clean rooms, and are perfect for 1 night.

Is this the hotel which has a small mini market also selling beer/wine/spirits?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

We always stay at the Sonesta as we like staying across from the beach.  All rooms are ocean view.  Service is outstanding!!  Galleria Mall and many restaurants within walking distance.  

• Like 1

We've stayed at Quality Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port South 2520 Stirling Rd. the last two times. It is not a fancy hotel.  It's a 2 two story outside hallway motel. It's older, but it is clean and we felt safe.  They offer a full hot complimentary breakfast, free shuttle to and from airport and to cruise port.  They are next to a shopping strip mall should you need anything and there are restaurants all around within < 1 mile walk.  I found they were very affordable compared to many other places.

Erika

I'll throw out another suggestion, we have stayed at the Ft Lauderdale Airport Courtyard a couple times and like it. There is a shuttle to the cruise port, and there are a couple stores/restaurants & a fishing hall of fame that are a short walk. 

12 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

We haven't....yet. Is that what you'd recommend to located the motel (s) I just submitted those three words you mentioned and comes back with over 8,000 topics. Not what i'm looking to do.

Yes, that is what I recommend. Your post has nothing to do with Royal Caribbean. This topic is discussed regularly on the Florida Departures board and belongs there.

2 hours ago, birdylady said:

We've stayed at Quality Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port South 2520 Stirling Rd. the last two times. It is not a fancy hotel.  It's a 2 two story outside hallway motel. It's older, but it is clean and we felt safe.  They offer a full hot complimentary breakfast, free shuttle to and from airport and to cruise port.  They are next to a shopping strip mall should you need anything and there are restaurants all around within < 1 mile walk.  I found they were very affordable compared to many other places.

Erika

I've stayed here too several times, they now have Outback Steakhouse across the street as well as taco bell and McDonalds right beside them. Mall behind them has quite a few nice shops

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hyatt Place (convention center location) off 17th street location just behind the embassy Suites and right next door to the Harbor Shopping plaza. Lot's of stores, restaurants and a Publix market. One of the favorite pre-cruise hotels to use. Great rates if you become a Hyatt member and book directly or you can book through Value Trips.

I say ditto to this post.  We have stayed here at least 4 times  and book through  Valutrips.  Rooms are large clean and comfortable and they used to offer a complimentary breakfast buffet (not sure if this is still the case).

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow their prices for january 2021 did go up quite a bit.  We paid under $200 a night in jan 2020 but now $300.    There is definitely no shortage of hotels in that area.  Will have to check other prices on hotels.com site.

Stay in area several times a yr. Lock one in that can cancel. Then pick a few to watch prices as at times they go up and down. Unless Holiday Weekend, Boat Show or similar times...