Lower Cost

Noticed that the Cruise Fare for a Jan, 9 2021 sailing that I had booked a long time ago was substantially lower.  Called to get the lower fare and inquired about the Captains Club promotion going on now.  The rep gave me both the reduced fare and the captains club promotion keeping all 4 of my perks and OBC.  Sent me a new invoice showing my balance reduced by $1262.00  I called at exactly 8 am and was on hold about 10 minutes. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I have a cruise booked for Aug 2021 and the prices have skyrocketed since I booked it in January.  

But you can still get the captains club promotion applied if you call right now.  On this 7 day cruise the Loyalty Savings was $221 per person total $442.

Edited by MartiniBarhooked

Thanks for the heads up!

I called Celebrity this morning  regarding our June 2021 Bermuda cruise and got a price reduction of almost $1500 for our Concierge class cabin!  2 other couples travelling with us in verandah cabins had price reductions of just over $700. We were also able to keep our existing onboard credits and our 4 perks. We originally booked this cruise late last year. 

*note these savings are CDN$

Again thanks for posting, I would not have checked if I had not seen this. 

• Like 1

I was denied this because the new price was higher than what I paid.  i really wish Celebrity would be consistent.  I booked through the big on-line company in NH.  I'm wondering if they just told me that so they wouldn't lose commission.

11 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I was denied this because the new price was higher than what I paid.  i really wish Celebrity would be consistent.  I booked through the big on-line company in NH.  I'm wondering if they just told me that so they wouldn't lose commission.

Dunno but we have 5 cruises booked and the new sale would raise prices by between $400 and $1600 for us cause our deals are good. 

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

Where would I find the code for the captains club promotion? I want to ask my TA to check into it.

Laura

There is no code. Just give your TA your Captains Club number.

Be aware, you can not use a 125% FCC with this 10% offer.  I almost rebooked, but then I read the fine print.  I haven't applied my FCC to my current reservation so I'm sure it would have gone through just fine, but then I could have been very surprised when I went to pay and tried to apply my FCC.

1152663084_CC10Program.thumb.jpg.64b0b8abaed05777b44672e12f2f5087.jpg

Interesting!

We  have a 50% FCC from cancelling under the original  Cruise With Confidence,  so it looks like that could be applied. Trouble with X recently has been too many changing promotions and confusing conditions. No stability in pricing.

It was easier to book under "good,  better, best"  or whatever that was called...once we learned how it worked.  We usually took the 2 perks  offer in AQ Class, and were happy with the price.

22 hours ago, MartiniBarhooked said:

But you can still get the captains club promotion applied if you call right now.  On this 7 day cruise the Loyalty Savings was $221 per person total $442.

Unfortunately even applying the 10% off Captains Club promotion, the fare I booked in January is still a lot less expensive for my Aug 2021 cruise.  There is a lot of demand for cruises in mid to late 2021 with all of the lift and shift going on.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Unfortunately even applying the 10% off Captains Club promotion, the fare I booked in January is still a lot less expensive for my Aug 2021 cruise.  There is a lot of demand for cruises in mid to late 2021 with all of the lift and shift going on.

Yes, the value of the loyalty promo varies significantly, depending on the original booking price. We had it applied to our one current booking and saved a grand total of only $58 CAD.

17 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We repriced our January 2022 South America sailing through our big box store TA and got a price drop of $1700/cabin, so we’re very pleased. We had three perks but had to give up the OBC for free wifi, but it’s still well worth it. We have OBC $250 from booking onboard, plus will get about $500 from our TA.

However, we only got $600/cabin off on our May 2021 Apex cruise. Don’t know why some sailings get minimum discounts and others much more, but I’ll take it!

8 minutes ago, MartiniBarhooked said:

OK For the third time in this TOPIC I am going to say it again.  Maybe the per person price is higher it might be hundreds or thousands of dollars higher.  But if you are a Captains Club member you can have the promotion applied to existing bookings I don't understand why people are missing this part of the conversation.

In your OP, you stated that you repriced to a LOWER price and at the same time had the loyalty promo applied. Fine, that's the way it works, you reprice and have the promo applied. What you don't seem to be acknowledging is that for many (most?) cruises for 2021 and 2022, the prices are HIGHER, not lower. Consequently, the saving can be far less than 10%, and in some cases there is no saving at all. Like all promos offered by Celebrity, you can't just retroactively add them to an existing booking, you have to reprice at the new rate if you want to take advantage of whatever is being offered. For example, the current Book Now Bonus promo of savings up to $400 and a free beverage package can't be simply added to an existing booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I sent the info to my TA. Our June 2021 Alaska cruise was reduces by $356pp. I'm planning to us our FCC to pay for this cruise at some point. Our FCC is not 125%.Thanks

I did a comparison. We had $700 OBC, now we have $300 OBC. Our OBC is non refundable. We have all 4 perks, so we dont need $700 OBC.

Thank you all for your posts.  That makes me feel better about being refused as our cruise, May 2022 has soared in price.  Guess I'll thank my lucky statrs that we booked this before COVID became a household word.

• Like 1