Decided to cancel gate 1 Danube for September

elklemi

Altho Gate 1 sent email that my June final payment date was put off until 30 days before my trip in September decided to cancel this 17 day trip due to all the uncertainty with Europe opening and availability of air.  Gate 1 was very good about this and offered 75% back if you cancel rather than lovsing all of deposit or using deposit as future trip credit until 2022 which I thought was very generous and I took that as I am looking at two other trips with them I intend to take next year as things stabilize.  I really wanted to do this trip in September as this would be my first time in Europe and would get to go to Poland where my grandparents came from.  I wish only the best for all of you trying to decide these same issues and hope your travels are safe.

• Like 1

I am sorry your first cruise to Europe is cancelled but IMO you made the right decision. I am not thrilled about getting on a plane to Europe right now or even in September. None of us know what the world will be like then. 

I hope when you do get to Europe, it will be one of your finest trips!

Elklemi, waving at you from down here in Nashville.  

Sorry you had to cancel your first river cruise.  Very disappointing.  As Coral pointed out, flying on international flights is iffy at best, and you don't want to get sick or stuck.  

Once you do get to take your trip, you will be hooked like the rest of us.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for your positive thoughts and sure Europe will stay on my list in the future.  Roz hope you all are full steam ahead in Music City soon and get the Gulch open in time for the Titans to do good this year.

• Like 1