Norwegian star tenders

shel003

I will be sailing on the Norwegian Star next year and one of the ports is a tender (Newhaven) for Edinburgh Scotland. I will be traveling with a manual wheelchair that is less than 100 lbs and I can walk short distances with a cane but cannot climb steps. Has anyone tendered here with Norwegian? Are there any steps to get on or off the boat? Or to get off the dock on land? I tried emailing the accessibility office and they were not helpful, they just emailed me their policy on tendering. Really hoping to get to visit Edinburgh.

• 1 month later...

Hi!  Here's a Youtube link for tenders:  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tender+boats+for+cruise+ships

Every tender I've ever used has 1-2 steps in/out of the boat, but the crew is extremely helpful w/assistance.  The actual cruise ship may have a step or so too.

I now use a scooter on the ship but since they don't go on tenders, I also take my walker/rollator if my cruise includes a tender port.  The walker folds & can go on the tender, the same as a folding wheelchair.  (I usually cruise solo, so a chair won't work for me.)

Good Luck!  I just hope we'll be cruising by mid- 2021.