A topic of finding someone from a cruise?

Maybe we should have a place to find someone from a cruise?

Just looking for someone from a Royal Caribbean cruise in July 2006 Last saw her with her parent at breakfast Buffett and lovers cove Catalina snorkeling 

Edited by agentasia

11 hours ago, agentasia said:

Maybe we should have a place to find someone from a cruise?

Just looking for someone from a Royal Caribbean cruise in July 2006 Last saw her with her parent at breakfast Buffett and lovers cove Catalina snorkeling 

Howdy & welcome to Cruise Critic! emo22.gif 

We do have it already and they are called Roll Call threads. The Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date WOULD have been the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you BEFORE the cruise. However, ONLY if she or a family member was a Cruise Critic member back then. 

To explain our Roll Calls and the finding of the Roll Calls threads, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines we all agree to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships. However, please note the Roll Call Finder tool is for future cruises only, not past cruises.

Since the cruise was in the past, you would need to search the Royal Caribbean “Meet & Mingle” Roll Calls forums for the specific thread for your ship and sail date. I see from your prior posts you sailed on Monarch of the Seas. As you know, she no longer sails as a RCI ship. As of April 2013 she was sailing for Pullmantur Cruises. ( Update: Monarch of the Seas to Move to Madrid written March 20, 2012} Therefore, there is no listing for Monarch of the Seas in the current Royal Caribbean “Meet & Mingle” Roll Calls forums at this time that go back to 2006. Any RCI Roll Call threads for Monarch of the Seas prior to 2013 would have gone to archives a long time ago.

I suggest you try the What Ever Happened To........??? forum. It is the Cruise Crutic place to discuss the glorious past of cruising...the ships, the people, the cruise lines, the ports that bring back those wonderful memories.

I too had a "connection" with someone on a day cruise to/from Catalina Island waaaay back in June 1959 right after I graduated from Junior High to High School. I was lucky to know his whole name, meet his parents and do a lot of dancing and talking that day. But alas, young love fades fast once back home to our respective home towns & states. 

Good luck! 🤞

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Thanks 1

I mean you can also try searching on facebook by choosing the right parameters. Its quite hard anyway but you can also try searching by photo tags on instagram for example. Last time I was looking for this one guy I met on board of Princess and I found him in the friendlist of some guy who also traveled with me 

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2020 at 11:55 AM, Host Kat said:

Howdy & welcome to Cruise Critic! emo22.gif 

We do have it already and they are called Roll Call threads. The Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date WOULD have been the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you BEFORE the cruise. However, ONLY if she or a family member was a Cruise Critic member back then. 

To explain our Roll Calls and the finding of the Roll Calls threads, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines we all agree to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships. However, please note the Roll Call Finder tool is for future cruises only, not past cruises.

Since the cruise was in the past, you would need to search the Royal Caribbean “Meet & Mingle” Roll Calls forums for the specific thread for your ship and sail date. I see from your prior posts you sailed on Monarch of the Seas. As you know, she no longer sails as a RCI ship. As of April 2013 she was sailing for Pullmantur Cruises. ( Update: Monarch of the Seas to Move to Madrid written March 20, 2012} Therefore, there is no listing for Monarch of the Seas in the current Royal Caribbean “Meet & Mingle” Roll Calls forums at this time that go back to 2006. Any RCI Roll Call threads for Monarch of the Seas prior to 2013 would have gone to archives a long time ago.

I suggest you try the What Ever Happened To........??? forum. It is the Cruise Crutic place to discuss the glorious past of cruising...the ships, the people, the cruise lines, the ports that bring back those wonderful memories.

I too had a "connection" with someone on a day cruise to/from Catalina Island waaaay back in June 1959 right after I graduated from Junior High to High School. I was lucky to know his whole name, meet his parents and do a lot of dancing and talking that day. But alas, young love fades fast once back home to our respective home towns & states. 

Good luck! 🤞

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Thanks for your help will look that up!!

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:08 PM, Roger88 said:

I mean you can also try searching on facebook by choosing the right parameters. Its quite hard anyway but you can also try searching by photo tags on instagram for example. Last time I was looking for this one guy I met on board of Princess and I found him in the friendlist of some guy who also traveled with me 

Thanks so much yeah I’m going to spend some time doing that. Some detective work ahead