Australia Extends Cruise Ban

No cruises before 17-Sept 2020 at least. 🤨

This is throughout our winter so no real effect for Royal Caribbean.  But this is around the time that TPs start leaving Hawaii for our spring/summer season.

Australian Border Force press release:

https://newsroom.abf.gov.au/releases/cruise-ship-prohibition-extended

3 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Most of the Royal ships are still in the Southern Hemisphere.  I do not expect them to make the trip north this season so they will already be nearby. 

Aren't these ships in Asia?  Northern Hemisphere!

They may not make it to Alaska, but Hawaii usually marks the end of Northern Hemisphere season for these migratory ships and the start of Southern cruise season. 

Saying that, It is hard to see where these itineraries will start from, if at all.

We greatly appreciated and loved our Australia/new Zealand cruise on Ovation 18 months ago. The fine people in both destinations were nothing short of wonderful, friendly, and caring.

Given the demographics of the ship routes before and after the Australia/new Zealand itineraries...it will be interesting to see what impact the data on Covid-19 has on future ship routes.  Royal put a major strategic and financial emphasis on the Asian market - especially China.  One can only assume there are many meetings in flight about rethinking future plans.

• Like 1

If everyrhing goes very very well, then Symphony and Quantum can go back into service by late summer. Voyager, Radiance and Ovation will remain in Asia. I wouldn't be suprised if economically feasible that they will use the vessels by picking up most of the needed crew in India, Philippines and Indonesia once preparing to go back into service for the Australian summer season if conditions allow.

Serenade itineraries have her sailing from Honolulu to Sydney on September 17th. She is currently somewhere in the Caribbean. If the ports actually do open in September, wonder what the plan for Serenade will be for the 2020/2021 season. 

9 hours ago, banzaii said:

Aren't these ships in Asia?  Northern Hemisphere!

They may not make it to Alaska, but Hawaii usually marks the end of Northern Hemisphere season for these migratory ships and the start of Southern cruise season. 

Saying that, It is hard to see where these itineraries will start from, if at all.

I stand corrected, they are in Asia.  At any rate I doubt they will bring them up to Hawaii.  Unless things change, Hawaii has a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the State so if they started a cruise there they could not tour the islands before heading south.  

3 hours ago, lr657 said:

Serenade itineraries have her sailing from Honolulu to Sydney on September 17th. She is currently somewhere in the Caribbean. If the ports actually do open in September, wonder what the plan for Serenade will be for the 2020/2021 season. 

Yup, has been off the coast of Barbados for weeks now.   Will be interesting to see where she goes from there.  

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, has been off the coast of Barbados for weeks now.   Will be interesting to see where she goes from there.  

The Serenade could be a good candidate to be one of the ships that moves into a cooler layup and sits out the season.  

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Paulines cousin lives in Australia and we were talking to her today.

Australian TV report no body is allowed in or out of Australia this year except for dire emergency.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Paulines cousin lives in Australia and we were talking to her today.

Australian TV report no body is allowed in or out of Australia this year except for dire emergency.

There’s a push for international students to be allowed after quarantine.

If things continue as they are ,I think visitors will be allowed by November.

A 2 week quarantine program for tourists would be a good plan .

A week on a farm followed by a week in a beach resort. People would accept something like that.

50 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s a push for international students to be allowed after quarantine.

If things continue as they are ,I think visitors will be allowed by November.

A 2 week quarantine program for tourists would be a good plan .

A week on a farm followed by a week in a beach resort. People would accept something like that.

So you are saying people would be allowed to spend a week on a farm then a week at a beach resort with no human contact?  Don't see how that would work.  Not trying to be snarky, just don't understand.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

So you are saying people would be allowed to spend a week on a farm then a week at a beach resort with no human contact?  Don't see how that would work.  Not trying to be snarky, just don't understand.

It would be good if our government could development something along those lines.

The situation now is being locked in a hotel room for 2 weeks.The only outside contact is for testing. Basically solitary confinement.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

It would be good if our government could development something along those lines.

The situation now is being locked in a hotel room for 2 weeks.The only outside contact is for testing. Basically solitary confinement.

OK thanks.  I think all our governments are struggling how to deal with this unprecedented situation right now.

I am supposed to be in Hawaii right now...but cancelled due to that state doing the same thing.  Automatic quarantine for two weeks, having to sign a from given to you as you depart the plane, and actually a stiff fine and/or time in jail for violating.  Tough state!  😮 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 11:13 PM, lr657 said:

I have a booking on Serenade on 30th Dec 2020 for 13 nights to New Zealand. Obviously watching and waiting as patiently as possible to see what actually happens.

47 minutes ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

I have a booking on Serenade on 30th Dec 2020 for 13 nights to New Zealand. Obviously watching and waiting as patiently as possible to see what actually happens.

We have a booking also,I don’t think serenade will be coming.

I think we will probably have Ovation as a test and that’s all.

Our final payment date is September and hopefully we should know by then.

1 hour ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

40 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We have a booking also,I don’t think serenade will be coming.

I think we will probably have Ovation as a test and that’s all.

Our final payment date is September and hopefully we should know by then.

We have February/March 2021 Tasmania, upper, and lower circumnavigation cruises booked on Serenade. We are also waiting patiently to find out whether these cruises will happen. 

I am booked on Serenade starting with the Tasmania run 2/10/21 and staying on the ship until Vancouver 5/16/21.  That is a lot of cruising for RCI will have to cancel on me...if Serenade does not go there in 2021.  😮

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am booked on Serenade starting with the Tasmania run 2/10/21 and staying on the ship until Vancouver 5/16/21.  That is a lot of cruising for RCI will have to cancel on me...if Serenade does not go there in 2021.  😮

any land resorts nearby ? 😉

7 hours ago, island lady said:

3 months, you must love to cruise.

Australia has started testing it’s own vaccine today in Melbourne and Brisbane today.

They should have some results In July.

Apparently it also gives immunity to vegemite,flies and long hot summers.

• Haha 1