Edge Sunset Veranda on deck 12

blueskadoo

Hello All- First time Celebrity cruisers going in February and booked on Edge. We were able to snag the last open Sunset Veranda yesterday but now I'm worried about its location. We are on Deck 12 in the smack dab middle of the boat. Looking at the deck plans, it looks like there's a restaurant above us? Is this an awful and noisy cabin? I can't find anything for this room exactly (12266) and I haven't found a whole bunch about the neighboring ones either. I appreciate your input.

We were in a 12263 on the Edge last summer. We did hear chair scraping from time to time but it wasn't hugely intrusive. Yes, it was slightly irritating but did it spoil the cruise? Definitely not. I'd heard some reports of noise in the middle of the night/very early morning due to cleaning but we didn't experience any of that.

In a perfect world I'd choose a slightly lower deck but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. The SVs are excellent and I'm sure you'll have a great time even if there is the occasional noise.

• Like 1

If I were you, I'd feel lucky I was able to snatch the last fantastic view on the ship. 🙂 Far superior to the higher categories (more expensive) like Concierge & Aqua on the side of the ship. Congrats.

IMO the mid aft is the best.  I've had it on the other ships and love the wake in the middle of my view. 

We have a mid aft booked on a 2022 Edge cruise but on deck 8.

aft wake.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 12:45 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

If I were you, I'd feel lucky I was able to snatch the last fantastic view on the ship. 🙂 Far superior to the higher categories (more expensive) like Concierge & Aqua on the side of the ship. Congrats.

IMO the mid aft is the best.  I've had it on the other ships and love the wake in the middle of my view. 

We have a mid aft booked on a 2022 Edge cruise but on deck 8.

aft wake.jpg

my sunset verandah is more expensive than the aqua class and concierge class yet those cabins offer more points per night.  Something isn't right.

36 minutes ago, gerig said:

my sunset verandah is more expensive than the aqua class and concierge class yet those cabins offer more points per night.  Something isn't right.

It really depends upon when you  book.  Sometimes better cabins are priced lower and sometimes higher.  Lift and shift has really raised the price of cabins as less became available.

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

It really depends upon when you  book.  Sometimes better cabins are priced lower and sometimes higher.  Lift and shift has really raised the price of cabins as less became available.

I booked my sunset veranda more than two years out and pre-Covid.  I'm on an 11 day epic panama canal cruise in March, 2022 and booked February 2020 so Lift and shift was not even around.

18 minutes ago, gerig said:

I booked my sunset veranda more than two years out and pre-Covid.  I'm on an 11 day epic panama canal cruise in March, 2022 and booked February 2020 so Lift and shift was not even around.

We booked the Feb 2022 Panama Canal cruise in June and there were only 2 or 3 SVs available.  We decided against deck 12 so are Deck 7.

5 minutes ago, gerig said:

Gotcha.  

Since February, have you checked the price for reductions or promotions?  I saved $700 on a booked S1 aft Edge suite for this January because they were having trouble selling in the days of Covid because people probably weren't doing lift and shift to January 2021.   I originally booked in June this year and now the price is almost double. 

But OTOH a Panama Canal cruise is very popular so it may not have gone on sale.  They really play with the rates based upon availability in the different cabin classes.  Obviously there are fewer SVs than AQ and CC which is why AQ & CC are cheaper. Constant rate vigilance is important to catch a sale which may only last a few days or weeks. 

You have plenty of time before 2022 so there hopefully may be an opportunity yet for you

42 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Gotcha.  

Since February, have you checked the price for reductions or promotions?  I saved $700 on a booked S1 aft Edge suite for this January because they were having trouble selling in the days of Covid because people probably weren't doing lift and shift to January 2021.   I originally booked in June this year and now the price is almost double. 

But OTOH a Panama Canal cruise is very popular so it may not have gone on sale.  They really play with the rates based upon availability in the different cabin classes.  Obviously there are fewer SVs than AQ and CC which is why AQ & CC are cheaper. Constant rate vigilance is important to catch a sale which may only last a few days or weeks. 

You have plenty of time before 2022 so there hopefully may be an opportunity yet for you

I am very happy with the sunset verandah and really want the aft but I think celebrity should revamp the cruise credits given for a sunset verandah because they are as  pricey as concierge or aqua class if not even more money.  I will be receiving 33 cruise credits for this cruise but if I upgrade to concierge and pay less I could receive 55 cruise credits.  I know royal and celebrity revamped the cabins based on demand but just don't agree with the cruise credits for this category.  It's not a big deal because as you can see I booked it anyway.  The panama canal cruises are very popular and I do book suites from time to time but to book a sky suite for this cruise the price is $11K which is a little pricey for me.

6 minutes ago, gerig said:

I am very happy with the sunset verandah and really want the aft but I think celebrity should revamp the cruise credits given for a sunset verandah because they are as  pricey as concierge or aqua class if not even more money.  I will be receiving 33 cruise credits for this cruise but if I upgrade to concierge and pay less I could receive 55 cruise credits.  I know royal and celebrity revamped the cabins based on demand but just don't agree with the cruise credits for this category.  It's not a big deal because as you can see I booked it anyway.  The panama canal cruises are very popular and I do book suites from time to time but to book a sky suite for this cruise the price is $11K which is a little pricey for me.

Curious to know how many days is the Panama Canal cruise for a sky suite for $11k?  Also, did it include the 4 perks?  We are on a 15 day TA in May, in a sky suite and it is $10,900, we made it a B2B with 12 day Europe added and that is $11,700.  Booked the TA many months ago and booked the Europe part just a month ago, hence the price diff I think.

18 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Curious to know how many days is the Panama Canal cruise for a sky suite for $11k?  Also, did it include the 4 perks?  We are on a 15 day TA in May, in a sky suite and it is $10,900, we made it a B2B with 12 day Europe added and that is $11,700.  Booked the TA many months ago and booked the Europe part just a month ago, hence the price diff I think.

It's an 11 day cruise and it includes the 4 perks.  My sunset verandah included the liquor package, free gratuities and an onboard credit.

7 minutes ago, gerig said:

It's an 11 day cruise and it includes the 4 perks.  My sunset verandah included the liquor package, free gratuities and an onboard credit.

sounds like you got a really good deal, enjoy the cruise!  Always wanted to do the PC, going to look into it for 2022.  THX!

19 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

sounds like you got a really good deal, enjoy the cruise!  Always wanted to do the PC, going to look into it for 2022.  THX!

We are doing that cruise in March of 2022 on the Epic and it will be our first panama cruise also.  Great cruise includes ABC islands.

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The S3s on the Feb 14 Panama Canal  cruise are now $13,400 with 4 perks.  We have done the Panama Canal cruise before and prices got ridiculously high.  

Perhaps if I only cruised once a year I might do it.  But I'm paying $5900 for my sunset verandah which means I can squeeze in another 2 cruises during the year and stay within budget

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gerig said:

Agree... X pricing often makes no sense.  We were on one of the last cruises in March (Equinox) and had a Sunset Verandah booked.... saved a couple hundred dollars by upgrading to an Aft Concierge Class... always following pricing and pay attention.

10 hours ago, RickT said:

Agree... X pricing often makes no sense.  We were on one of the last cruises in March (Equinox) and had a Sunset Verandah booked.... saved a couple hundred dollars by upgrading to an Aft Concierge Class... always following pricing and pay attention.

It really is my issue becaue I could upgrade now and save money by going to concierge class and get 5 points per night but I love the aft and don't want to.  When I booked this cruise in February 2020 it was for a Panama cruise nearly two years out and the sunset verandah's were more expensive then concierge class.  I am staying in my aft cabin because that is what I want.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gerig said:

It really is my issue becaue I could upgrade now and save money by going to concierge class and get 5 points per night but I love the aft and don't want to.  When I booked this cruise in February 2020 it was for a Panama cruise nearly two years out and the sunset verandah's were more expensive then concierge class.  I am staying in my aft cabin because that is what I want.

What ship are you on?  Must be Edge/a Apex as M and S class both have Aft Concierge cabins. Aft Concierge gives you the best of both worlds.

We had a SV..middle on Deck 7..very large Veranda..some drifting noise/ music from  somewhere and  music from EDEN near the bathrom...not too bad.. no ash on balc ever.

We'd prefer  deck 8 or 9 middle but would not worry if you got the last one on 12...

Great location aft and 4 mdr plan is awesome.!  And its a REAL balcony

Just now, hcat said:

We had a SV..middle on Deck 7..very large Veranda..some drifting noise/ music from  somewhere and  music from EDEN near the bathrom...not too bad.. no ash on balc ever.

We'd prefer  deck 8 or 9 middle but would not worry if you got the last one on 12...

Great location aft and 4 mdr plan is awesome.!  And its a REAL balcony

We are on Deck 9 right in the middle.

3 hours ago, gerig said:

Great  location.. 

It will be a long walk to and from elevator..but a quiet area..amazing views  day and night...sunrise,  sunset and starlight!

3 hours ago, gerig said:

You will def love the location and the view of the wake in the morning cup of coffee in hand!!!  Don't second guess your decision you will love that suite.

52 minutes ago, hcat said:

Great  location.. 

It will be a long walk to and from elevator..but a quiet area..amazing views  day and night...sunrise,  sunset and starlight!

I never mind the long walk because the view is so worth it.  Love aft cabins

32 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

You will def love the location and the view of the wake in the morning cup of coffee in hand!!!  Don't second guess your decision you will love that suite.

Not really second guessing the decision just don't agree with celebrity's point system.  Sunset verandah's are costlier than regular balcony cabins and in alot of cases more expense than a concierge class.  I think that this cabin should be 5 points per night.