Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
blueskadoo

Edge Sunset Veranda on deck 12

Hello All- First time Celebrity cruisers going in February and booked on Edge. We were able to snag the last open Sunset Veranda yesterday but now I'm worried about its location. We are on Deck 12 in the smack dab middle of the boat. Looking at the deck plans, it looks like there's a restaurant above us? Is this an awful and noisy cabin? I can't find anything for this room exactly (12266) and I haven't found a whole bunch about the neighboring ones either. I appreciate your input.

We were in a 12263 on the Edge last summer. We did hear chair scraping from time to time but it wasn't hugely intrusive. Yes, it was slightly irritating but did it spoil the cruise? Definitely not. I'd heard some reports of noise in the middle of the night/very early morning due to cleaning but we didn't experience any of that.

In a perfect world I'd choose a slightly lower deck but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. The SVs are excellent and I'm sure you'll have a great time even if there is the occasional noise.

I have this cabin booked for 2022.  We generally stay on the 12th deck and although there is some noise on occasion - it's the location we prefer.  

Posted (edited)

If I were you, I'd feel lucky I was able to snatch the last fantastic view on the ship. 🙂 Far superior to the higher categories (more expensive) like Concierge & Aqua on the side of the ship. Congrats.

IMO the mid aft is the best.  I've had it on the other ships and love the wake in the middle of my view. 

We have a mid aft booked on a 2022 Edge cruise but on deck 8.

aft wake.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve