CCL Stock

Roberto256

Bahamas Cruise Lines is restarting with 60% capacity ..... the majors will be watching as Bahamas can be a quick trip 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22998-bahamas-paradise-back-to-cruising-in-july-60-percent-capacity.html

Should help the rest of my CCL holdings. Wondering why to put my next exit. Changed the $18 limit to $23 as I'd like to stagger exits up to $30-35 and only hold the required 100 shares

Also wondering what's happening with CCL's plan to sell off 2 of its older PO Australia ships to an outside company then transferring 2 Princess ships to PO Australia to replace them. Wondering if that's something they'll try to do corporate wise to recoup some

Edited by Ombud

28 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I was writing tongue in cheek.  Actually what I need is a nice sharp curve up.

I am by no means a financial wiz but I do recognize that almost anything can affect the value of a stock.  I see on another forum that some smaller river cruise lines that are not regulated by the CDC ban are planning to start cruising again next month.  See https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5361/  If they are successful in attracting guests, I think that might portend a positive outlook for cruisers returning to cruising once it opens up again.  So I think if these smaller cruise lines have a successful restart, I think that could have a very positive effect on CCL stock.

But then, if I really knew what I was talking about I'd be sailing on this:

pegasus-viii1.jpg.3e8bb93bfa5d0e93fdd61f2a1746ce28.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CrowCaw said:

Chased it all the way down...

100 shares at 21.39

43 shares at 19.50

7 shares at 12.47

50 shares at 8.11

Averaged at 17.35? Not amazing, but better than just 21.39

At least you only stand to lose about $3500.  Many on here who have zero shares could lose more.

1 hour ago, SCOOTERNINJA said:

At least you only stand to lose about $3500.  Many on here who have zero shares could lose more.

Possibly the poster is referring to not getting a refund and having more than $3500 at risk in that case. At least that is how I interpreted that.

1 hour ago, SCOOTERNINJA said:

14 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Possibly the poster is referring to not getting a refund and having more than $3500 at risk in that case. At least that is how I interpreted that.

I didn't realize that many people are expecting shares of stock in addition to their credit card chargebacks. The thread is about stock, not refunds so it probably isn't that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

"If they are successful in attracting guests"

Actually I think it would be two fold. Attracting guests and no COVID19 cases during sailing.

I agree, that's why I said that it would need to be a 'successful restart' to have a positive effect on CCL.

28 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I didn't realize that many people are expecting shares of stock in addition to their credit card chargebacks. The thread is about stock, not refunds so it probably isn't that.

Got it BUT there is a difference between purchasing a vacation and not having any cash the day you disembark AND investing in stock with having stock the day you disembark which you can sell if you want. 🍎🍏 Apples and 🍊 oranges 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

frugaltravel, are you thinking of holding all 200 or just the 100 for shareholders credit? (👍another glass half full cruiser)

I will eventually sell the 100 shs in my taxable account with a higher cost basis. Just waiting for the stock price to stabilize a bit.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Got it BUT there is a difference between purchasing a vacation and not having any cash the day you disembark AND investing in stock with having stock the day you disembark which you can sell if you want. 🍎🍏 Apples and 🍊 oranges 

I understand that this is a thread about stock; I was just trying to interpret the post that said they had a lot more at stake than $3500.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CrowCaw said:

100 shares at 21.39

43 shares at 19.50

7 shares at 12.47

50 shares at 8.11

I had been watching it just for the 100 shares for OBC. Picked up 100 at 8.01 and then another hundred at 7.92. Sold off 100 at 14.50 or so. Figure my hundred shares for OBC cost me $150.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 4:47 PM, CrowCaw said:

100 shares at 21.39

43 shares at 19.50

7 shares at 12.47

50 shares at 8.11

Friday close was 21.51

Sell now?

On 5/22/2020 at 2:59 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Bought 100 shares at $55ish many years ago.  Lost my shirt on that 🥴 but at least it was only 100 shares.
Bought 1,000 shares at just a little over $10 a share.  Have made a nice little bit on that already!  🙂  I plan to hang on to it for years and hope it will eventually get back up to the $55 a share mark or better.  Just a little fun investment.

So you invested $15,500 for 1100 shares currently at $21.51 (23,661)? Sweet!

Added: depending on when 'years ago' was and the amount of dividends  & OBC recouped meanwhile, are you thinking about using a trailing stop loss? 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 2:22 PM, Ombud said:

So you invested $15,500 for 1100 shares currently at $21.51 (23,661)? Sweet!

Added: depending on when 'years ago' was and the amount of dividends  & OBC recouped meanwhile, are you thinking about using a trailing stop loss? 

Yeah, not bad for a total amateur, huh?!  We made more than 2.5x the price I paid on 100 shares of RCI stock so far.  I haven't thought about setting a stop loss because we plan to keep the stock for about 5 years or so - or at least until it is back above $55 a share.  I'm still learning how to do all of this.  We're total newbies to trading but already did really well with another stock (bought for $8-$12, sold for $66 and had a lot of shares) but I made the mistake of selling before a year was up and paid heavy taxes.  Still learning.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

already did really well with another stock (bought for $8-$12, sold for $66 and had a lot of shares) but I made the mistake of selling before a year was up and paid heavy taxes.  Still learning.

If you plan on short-term trading, it is best done in a tax-sheltered account like an IRA.  That way you don't pay taxes on short-term gains.  You only pay taxes once you withdraw the money from a traditional IRA (at ordinary tax rates) or no income tax is due if you trade within a ROTH IRA when you withdraw it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

It's now over $24, and it will probably hit $50 when there is a vaccine.

Glad I stuck with the dividend reinvestments all these years and didn't bottle it when I appeared to be losing thousands on paper a while back!

• Like 2

The 1 yr target was just lowered to 17.63 although book remains at 35.45. I have no doubt that it will 'eventually' hit book but might be a few years before it hits last 12 months high of 53.86. Can't figure out my next exit point so I've removed all sell orders. 

just my 2c

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The 1 yr target was just lowered to 17.63 although book remains at 35.45. I have no doubt that it will 'eventually' hit book but might be a few years before it hits last 12 months high of 53.86. Can't figure out my next exit point so I've removed all sell orders. 

just my 2c

As the price kept rising you kept doubting your sell price and/or changing it. Now you have no exit strategy. That's fine but you may regret it later.

16 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

As the price kept rising you kept doubting your sell price and/or changing it. Now you have no exit strategy. That's fine but you may regret it later.

Yes!!!! That's my dilemma! I'm becoming a 'pig' instead of an investor. I need to rediscover my objective 

Added: I wish Schwab would open up their offices so I could bounce out off my advisor 

Edited by Ombud