125% OBC?

I just received my FCC in an email for my canceled cruise.

Was there suppose to be an actual certificate to open up, or it is just the certificate # listed within the email?

I am waiting on the refund of Port charges, taxes, etc which I know will appear on my credit card.

How will I receive confirmation of my OBC? Will I get an email with a confirmation #?

Edited by RCCLNYMETS41

30 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

I just received my FCC in an email for my canceled cruise.

Was there suppose to be an actual certificate to open up, or it is just the certificate # listed within the email?

I am waiting on the refund of Port charges, taxes, etc which I know will appear on my credit card.

How will I receive confirmation of my OBC? Will I get an email with a confirmation #?

Your OBC will come in the form of another FCC, but in the text it will say for onboard purchases.

Since you have the certificate number you can use the link on the page where you log into a cruise that says "Redeem Your Future Cruise Credit Now" to apply Cruise Planner Credits to a future cruise as well (phone agent told me how to do this).  That said, I have done mine twice and still haven't seen them show up in the new cruises and have not received the email that is supposed to come within 24-48 hours.  First time I tried was almost a week ago, last time was yesterday.  Link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/reservation/future-cruise-credit

I am a bit concerned about this credit - the fine print says that this is non-refundable OBC and has to be used on the new cruise even though the original money was from credit cards for purchases.  I would hope that if the new cruise is cancelled it would again be turned into a certificate, but who knows?

• 2 weeks later...

Royal said that it would take 24-48 hours to apply OBC to a cruise using the online link.  Actually took 8 days, but the OBC certificates I entered on 23 May were applied to upcoming cruises today, May 31 (Sunday?).  So I went ahead and used the OBC for Cruise Planner purchases today.  Worked fine, just took a while.  Not sure what happens if this cruise is cancelled - my guess is the OBC (with 125%) will be restored for a future cruise.  Doubt they would add another 25%.