Koningsdam in December 2020?

anugama143

1 hour ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Current list of cancelled cruises -->   https://gohal.com/app/uploads/2020/05/Holland_America_Line_Cancelled_Voyages_050420.xlsx    Scott. 

That is the list of canceled cruises for sure and sounds right from what has been announced. Some people seem to think that all of the rest of 2020 has been canceled which is NOT the case. All we can do is just wait and see what happens for what is left of 2020 cruises that have NOT been canceled. Not just because of the pandemic but also now because of financial reasons and my moms health issues I think we have pretty much at this point decided that we won't be going for the Holidays in December which will be so disappointing since it has been our tradition to do so since Dec. 1988. But at the same time I have said that I have known that there would come a time that we don't go for some reason or another and this could be that year.  Our plan is to make the decision when our final payment is due. Our new travel agent is aware of this and already shared about going after getting our deposit back. With the plan that some cruise lines have announced as to how they are going to go about starting up when they can it does't look like it will be all ships at once and limited capacity as I have said in other posts. So as a result there will also be people that lose cruises at the time they have them booked cause their ship isn't sailing. Oh and President Trump has stopped people now coming from Brazil. Should have done this sooner.

Edited by rjbean4

While we think that HAL would want to operate that cruise a big question is whether Hawaii will allow any cruise ship to dock.  Given the attitude of the island's government I would not want to bet any money that ships will be docking in Hawaii prior to 2021.  

Hank

I won't be shocked if it cancels. My only risk now is a $100 FCC deposit. I probably won't pay the final pay unless Hawaii sends the all clear signal.

Lots can change in next 5 months. For better or worse.

I am hoping for better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, Mosaic said:

Would love to go in December, I think it is iffy.

My opinion on places to stay away from, in order:

Z.  Cruise Ships

Y.  Disney World

X.  Las Vegas

VERY very sad.....

What, no airplanes?

I'm pretty desperate to get back on a ship and get back to traveling generally. I booked a quick Vegas trip this July to test the waters. We are seriously looking at December 2020 Caribbean cruises. What's the risk in booking now? Loss of the deposit?

On 5/26/2020 at 9:40 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I won't be shocked if it cancels. My only risk now is a $100 FCC deposit. I probably won't pay the final pay unless Hawaii sends the all clear signal.

Lots can change in next 5 months. For better or worse.

I am hoping for better!!!

That is a great positive attitude! We are on her1/9/2124 day Mexico/ Hawai’i ! We plan on going too! Hey how was Fleming’s? We were there and enjoyed it!

Wine,food and they were great with the

new rules with COVID!

Denise😊 

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

That is a great positive attitude! We are on her1/9/2124 day Mexico/ Hawai’i ! We plan on going too! Hey how was Fleming’s? We were there and enjoyed it!

new rules with COVID!

Denise😊 

Wow, you're planning WAY ahead Denise... Jan, 2124. 😆

12 hours ago, SumoCitrus said:

I'm pretty desperate to get back on a ship and get back to traveling generally. I booked a quick Vegas trip this July to test the waters. We are seriously looking at December 2020 Caribbean cruises. What's the risk in booking now? Loss of the deposit?

There would be no risk whatsoever IF you book with the fully refundable deposit.

• Like 1

new rules with COVID!
Denise[emoji4] 

We had a great time! The Tomahawk steak was wonderful. We are going to Oceanaire on Thursday. This is our favorite San Diego restaurant

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 1:52 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

We booked the Koningsdam for the 18 day San Diego to Hawaii RT on 3 November. I am confident we will sail with normal loading and traditional distancing.

Your Mexico cruise in Dec should be fine.

If not? Then I will book the next one

We are ready to go.

If they cancel. No big deal.

It's not like I am using my rent money to go on cruises.

Is this just a gut feel or do you have some information.  We are also booked on that cruise (with the 7 day Mexican Riviera extension) and I'm having my doubts, especially considering how protective Hawaii is being presently.  The trouble is, I'd like to use that vacation time this year (we're not fully retired).  Also reading that a recent economic report by the state of Hawaii makes the assumption that no cruise ships will be docking anywhere in the state until the second half of 2021.  

1 hour ago, Cruizer Bill said:

We are booked on the Nov 3rd Hawaii cruise and are holding our breath!!!   Please let us go!

I'll be surprise if you do go to Hawaii. Our January 4,2021 cruise on the Koningsdam was canceled last month to Hawaii.

Is HAL really taking reservations for November? Our PVP at HAL said nothing is going to Hawaii for awhile.

20 hours ago, johnlcruise said:

I'll be surprise if you do go to Hawaii. Our January 4,2021 cruise on the Koningsdam was canceled last month to Hawaii.

Is HAL really taking reservations for November? Our PVP at HAL said nothing is going to Hawaii for awhile.

Yes, the October and November Hawaiian cruises are still on as of right now. 

It appears they cancelled the December/January Hawaiian cruises to do more 7 day Mexican cruises (much easier to sell 7 day cruises than 17/18 day cruises)!

On 6/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, johnlcruise said:

I put down a deposit on the RT San Diego/Hawaii on Oct. 17.2020 on Koningsdam last week.  (Call me crazy and I will agree with you).  I believe there is a 100% chance that cruise will be cancelled, but who knows.  I may cancel anyway depending on the state of the coronavirus closer to that time.

26 minutes ago, El Crucero said:

I put down a deposit on the RT San Diego/Hawaii on Oct. 17.2020 on Koningsdam last week.  (Call me crazy and I will agree with you).  I believe there is a 100% chance that cruise will be cancelled, but who knows.  I may cancel anyway depending on the state of the coronavirus closer to that time.

I won't echo your sentiments (you're crazy) but frankly I would be more worried if the cruise does happen. Who has any idea what cruising could be like?  Shows, pools,  and bars will have to have some type of restrictions. The itinerary may be different....departure cities may be under lock down.  What health restrictions will be mandated before departure? Why pay good money for an unknown quantity which at the very best will not be close to the experience that has attracted us all to cruising? Frankly and honestly if I was offered this cruise for free I would not even think to sign up . Sorry to be so negative -I would love it if my recent travel plans could take place but not in the context of Covid.

• Like 1

Agree, chisoxfan. And also, I don't believe that Holland, the cruise lines, and the US Gov't have created and approved a plan for when or where the ship would dock and passengers allowed to disembark should there be an instance of Covid-19 found aboard, and how they'd be allowed to travel home.  At this time most of the US and many other federal governments around the world can't even find agreement on letting healthy cruise ship and merchant crews return home after the end of their contracts.